New Owner, new project, first issue...

Juju

Hello everyone,

Julien, from Switzerland (with not perfect English sorry). Just bought this used LP640 with SV kit.

This is my first Lambo so your forum is a real help for me.

I've started some modification.

First, yes i Know you don't ride a Murci to hear music, but, the oem Kenwood is….non acceptable for me,  so the kenwood ddx9904s will be the new radio

I've just bought black Chrome Hercule Wheels (us seller) that i've just received. Some little scratch on it. Will be fix soon.

Some alcantara cover with interior parts are coming to (steering Wheel, dash,etc…..)

First problem coming. Yesterday, engine and check engine light appears…… Cars works really well, so i Don't know. Perhaps exhaust issue..Don't know….. Hope Nothing to serious….

Anyway, thank you for this huge source of information

Murci 1.jpg

murci 2.jpg

Get a code reader, most likely it's nothing. From what I understand it's pretty common for these cars to throw random misfire codes if you have an aftermarket exhaust.

Congrats on the Murcielago! Make sure you keep it on a battery tender. If the battery is a little low it will also through check engine light. 

I have an exhaust on my 670SV and have had a check engine light for my whole ownership and don’t think anybody can get rid of it. Murci’s are amazing cars but a real pain in the ass, lots of Maintance kind of like a supermodel. Enjoy your new ride!

Thanks guy for your reply. Actually this is stock exhaust on my car.

I'll keep you informed about whats happened with this problem.

4 hours ago, E7ITE said:

Welcome and congrats.  Is the SV kit OEM?

Thank you, yes, OEM kit ;-)

Welcome to the bullpen! Great cars, definitely with their little issues, but it gives them character. Looks like you've got a nice one, hope the issues get sorted out quickly.  

On 8/24/2019 at 11:06 PM, rhyno said:

I have an exhaust on my 670SV and have had a check engine light for my whole ownership and don’t think anybody can get rid of it. Murci’s are amazing cars but a real pain in the ass, lots of Maintance kind of like a supermodel. Enjoy your new ride!

I think it’s more a problem with a lack of info sharing and a lack of knowledgeable mechanics. The Murci is actually incredibly simple compared to current cars.

I am sure a knowledgeable mechanic with the full Lambo software could very quickly solve your issue, so I wouldn’t jump to blaming the car.

Thank you for your answer.

For me  it does not change anything about this car. This is an awsome creation, like Destructo said " definitely with their little issues, but it gives them character ".

Has i explain in my other topic, the diag gave his result, It is the gaz filtering system that would have a slight leak. Nothing serious so. Will be repaired soon.