Thoughts on disconnecting the front drive shaft.

slowasiandriver

A few members here have done the conversation and were happy with it. I believe you have to cap the transfer case and front differential if you leave that front pumpkin in. Don't quote me on it though, it's been a while since I've seen someone dig into it. 

Just go for the full conversion. Leaving the front driveline in place negates all of the benefits of 2WD conversion aside from not actually powering the front wheels. 

3 hours ago, LamboJoe said:

I have 2wd on my 640 the traction light goes on more often. i don't think it makes that much of a difference.

You don't think 2wd drive makes much of a difference in the TCS light coming on, or you don't think 2wd makes much of a difference over 4wd?

On 9/13/2019 at 1:59 AM, Stimpy said:

You don't think 2wd drive makes much of a difference in the TCS light coming on, or you don't think 2wd makes much of a difference over 4wd?

Tcs light come's on more often. car feels lighter, does it make much of a difference i don't think much.

Try turning the TCS off Joey, it makes such a big difference in how the car drives! The TCS in the 640 basically just cuts power all the time - with 2wd even more so.