Larger wheels?

Gators2001

Want to put 18s on my 95 VT, which came with 17s.

I'm thinking of putting P-Zero Systems 235/35/18 and 335/30/18. (which are the sizes that came on the 2000 and 2001 Diablo.) 

Anyone try this??? Are these the correct sizes for the front diff not to explode?

10 hours ago, Allan-Herbie said:

Destructo, How do we change his Potential Spam heading? I went into Cp and couldnt find it. 

He's all set.

I'll have some working back to do in general with the potential spam bot filter, but i'll put some time in to reverse it. There is a new way, i think, of filtering those out. 

M '97 Roadster had 19" wheels (gorgeous, really update the car) when i bought her in '06.  Love them, best comment I've ever had at a show was (from a lady who looked liked she knew fashion) was "they're really not wheels but more like jewelry or your tires"  BUT converted her two 2 wheel drive many years ago 'cause the '19's finally overheated the front differential, and she's a lot more fun in 2 wheel drive, but be careful.  I've put over 40,000 miles on her with those 19"rims and she rides great (Michelin's Pilot sports, not Pirelli's  ) just would never track her with the 19" rims.

IMG_0176.JPG

On 9/13/2019 at 10:11 AM, diablo-jota said:

AFAIK that should not be a problem to use 18" on your car. The MY98 VT version swapped to 18" too. Just make sure you use 235 front tires.

Awesome. I got them on and seems good so far..

On 9/17/2019 at 2:19 AM, DosDiablosAzules said:

M '97 Roadster had 19" wheels (gorgeous, really update the car) when i bought her in '06.  Love them, best comment I've ever had at a show was (from a lady who looked liked she knew fashion) was "they're really not wheels but more like jewelry or your tires"  BUT converted her two 2 wheel drive many years ago 'cause the '19's finally overheated the front differential, and she's a lot more fun in 2 wheel drive, but be careful.  I've put over 40,000 miles on her with those 19"rims and she rides great (Michelin's Pilot sports, not Pirelli's  ) just would never track her with the 19" rims.

IMG_0176.JPG

those look great!  love that Blue!

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 1:19 PM, Gators2001 said:

Want to put 18s on my 95 VT, which came with 17s.

I'm thinking of putting P-Zero Systems 235/35/18 and 335/30/18. (which are the sizes that came on the 2000 and 2001 Diablo.) 

Anyone try this??? Are these the correct sizes for the front diff not to explode?

The cars that run 18s have a different Viscus coupler. If I recall cars with 17 inch rims have 34 teeth and cars with 18s have 35 teeth. If you run 18s it opens the door to have issues.  Not all will have issues it depends on how the car is used.