I drove my lamborghini around the entire world

TeamSalamone

AROUND THE WORLD IN A LAMBORGHINI

My goal was to drive my Lamborghini Aventador SVaround the world. It was my dreammy Mount Everest and just did it.

Background

My 2016 Lamborghini SV is the fourth Aventador that have purchased new. In May, 2018 it had 30,000 miles on it at the start of my trip.  have driven in snow, andblistering heat, and I have hit 200 mph in my Aventador.  I have more miles behind the wheel of an Aventador than any other personhave completed Bullrun, Cannonball Run Rally, Goldrush, and Gumball. Going around the world was the apex, or summit, that was setting amy life goalIndeeddriving Lamborghini around the world would certainly take an investment of timeall of my energy, and huge financial undertakingwas planning luxury trip around the worldcontingent upon an Italian sports car not breaking downand would have to travel over oceans with the car and pass through customs as I go from country to country and continent to continent

Preparing the Car

Preparing the car to go around the world was no easy taskComplete maintenance was done at Manhattan Motorcars, together with four new tiresfour layer vinyl wrap was placed on top of the car for aesthetics and rally spiritas well as to protect the carThe windshield and the headlights were covered, the car was coated with ceramic coat on top of the four layers of vinyl, the rims were coated four times with ceramic coat, all factory updates were done, and calls were made to the Lamborghini representatives asking for contacts in Europe and Asia

Preparing the Team

The trip would be, without any support, in Europe and AsiaIn the United States Goldrush Rally would provide us with luggage truckWe were dividing the journey into two separate trips:

1. Goldrush Rally X, the 10th anniversary rally from Boston to Las Vegas (covering our cross-country USA portion)and 

2. Gumball 3000 20th anniversary from London to Tokyo(covering our Europe and Asia portion)

Without support in Europe, we would be unable to pack any luggage in the SVWhen the roof is taken off the SVand placed in the front bootthere is little to no space left for luggagewould be attempting to achieve this around the world trip with co-driverchose the love of my lifeas my Navigator and Co-driver. The Co-driver must haveexpert navigation skills, texting skills for translations,GPS, messaging and driving skills to relieve me from having to drive around the world by my myself.  Divinadoes not drive men in cars so my idea of getting any relief behind the wheel was goneFurthermorewas aware that she lacked the navigational skills was looking forAs alwaysshe promised to make up for it in many other ways and this works for usDriving around the entire world in a two seat Lamborghini with the person you love will either make or break relationshipThis was also the 10 year anniversary of TeaSalamone and of my relationship with Divina

We entered the summer of 2018 as team focused on one goaldrive around the world together in our LamborghiniThe Summer is over, and we did itWith the right car and the right attitude anything is possible. Iwas the time of our lives.  This was my 50th birthday year, Goldrush Rallies 10 year Anniversary and Gumball 3000’s 20th Anniversary.  This trip was my Belini, my quest, my goal.  This trip would make or break me; and us as a team.

In preparation of the tripin generalwe began to design our clothing.  As a team we express ourselves by designing and customizing anything we use.  For this trip, we used custom tailors, shoemaker, jewelers, and our dressmaker. We hired personal assistant and we formed a media teamWe placed 25 outfits (complete outfitsinto 25 separate boxes to be shipped all over the world to different locations, so that we would not have to bring clothing with us or any luggageWe had an army of volunteers and friends through social media that would be meeting us at each locationTwo weeks before the Europeportion of the tripwe were contacted by channel in France with big news.  They were going to be following us for a documentary!

Just before we started this trip, whad just completed an original program on Netflix called "Fastest Car".   Incredibly, in the southern portions of the United States and in FranceEVERYONE seems to have seen this show.  Iincreased the enjoyment of my trip when was spotted at every rest stop and hotel throughout the U.S.and Europe as result of racing my Lamborghini on thisfun Netflix show that we starred in a few months earlier*

The United States Portion of the Trip Around the World

My trip around the world started at my houseFirst thing in the morning was met by several friends, my media team,and my personal assistant. We started our journey and in the first mileswe were stopped by policeWas this signLaterwe would be stopped by NYPD throughout Europe and even in Japan

IBoston, we were placed othe starting grid of the Goldrush Rally XGoldrush Rally X was the 10th anniversary of Goldrush and it was known as "The Promised One"It was hard driving with the world's mosteccentric, eclectic, and interesting individuals in some of the greatest supercars ever madeWe were positioned on the starting grid next to 

• *Fastest Car is a Netflix original series, Episode 4 “King of the World” its TeamSalamone and his Lamborghini against four sleeper cars in a drag race.

Team Loan SharksTeam Loan Sharks drove Mercedes 63 AMG squared, and they had Lucite box on top of the vehicle with $3 million in cash in itWe were positioned next to this vehicle for our trip across the United States

The trip across the United States was brutalIt included "kissing the brickson the track of the Indy 500 and driving the track next to NASCAR legend Kurt Busch in his GT40

This trip across the United States was our 14th trip across the USA.  This trip was the most difficult.

That Moment in the United States

The moment happened in the United States when was either in Arizona or New Mexico. It seemed as if it was 118°, and it seemed like the gauge in my car was reading 118 Celsius, while the temperature outside was 118 Fahrenheitwas in the desert and had been driving for at least five hoursThe road started to look wavy in front of me and the noise coming from the engine compartment was deafeningThe roof had been off for hours and was unable to hydrateremember feeling the engine heatcome through the wall the firewall into my back and then eventually was unable to catch my breath and continue breathingThe heat was so unbearable.  Ifelt like it was in the core of my bodyWhen stopped the car, was in the middle of nowhere next to field of black lava in the deserthad no cell servicedidn't know how I would continue to drive. There was no shade for me to hide under, and was next to chrome Lamborghini in 118° heat on black field of dried lavadid not know there was such places in the United States, and field of dried lava in desert was my version of hell at that momentUsually when it gets this bad in the middle of a rally, would stop at rest stop and wander the aisles of a convenience store looking at the bright colored packaging to focus my mind and my eyes before splashing water on my face and returning to the Lamborghini.  Here, entered point of dehydration and exhaustion from which couldn't returnMy Co-driver was unable to exit the vehicle when we stopped due to her own fatigueand she was slipping in and out of consciousnesswaking briefly to massage my arms one at time, coordinate with our film crew,assistant, and other rally participants, each time we entered an area of cell service.

At the conclusion of the United States portion of my journey around the world, we had traveled over 3,000 miles, had faced exhaustion and dehydration, but we made itWe had crossed the United States without incident, breakdown, accident, or ticket. We found new friends. Wmet and faced personal challenges along the way, and our trip was one third completedLooming large would be Europe and Asia

Europe

Warrived in London on August 3, 2018 to start the Gumball 3000 20th anniversary rallyWe were fortunate enough to have our car staged in one of the top five positions in an area known as Coventry GardensWe were able to have the car shipped by plane in less than three days time from New York to London, through customs, and straight to the starting grid in Coventry GardensWe were met with thousandsWe were fortunate enough to have volunteers ready to assist usThese volunteers quickly became great friends

This trip started with the NYPD pulling us over within miles of our starting pointWe were now in Londonand we were pulled over by three NYPD carsApparentlya different team had purchased NYPD cars at auction and flew them to London for the start of Gumball 3000While driving in London saw the police cars behind me and they put their lights onMy natural reaction wat to pull to the sideIt was at that point realized they were NYPD cars and was in the United KingdomMy suspicions that this was rally prank were confirmed when shapely blonde Eastern European "officerappeared at my side view asking me for my license and registration in a thickRussian accentWe were let off with warning.

Driving in London is no small feat with the Lamborghinihad tested the London                                                                    roads prior to this date in anticipation of my journey around the worldThe roads of London have defined curbs, they are narrow, and they drive on the opposite side of the road, as opposed to the United StatesIt's actually much easier using U.S. spec car than the complete disorientation Americans experience when theydrive in the United Kingdom with a United Kingdom spec car

In the United Kingdom we went through the ChunnelWe arrived on the other side of the channel and move towards Chantilly.

Chantilly, France was high point in our journeyIn France, we were blessed with the celebrity that came with our Netflix programIt appears that Netflix is huge in Franceor maybe it's just the Netflix program "Fastest Car"was spotted everywhere and there were hundreds and hundreds of people coming up to me to discuss the Fastest Car episodeIn France, we did not see any Bentleys, Rolls-Royces, very few Mercedes, and no supercars outside of the cars in the rallyLondon was littered with Bentleys, Rolls-Royces, and supercarsSo is New York, Miami. Los Angeles. and many other areasFranceat least where we were travelingseemed to not have an abundance of luxury cars or sports carsThe roads were lined with peopleEach overpass there were 30-40 people waving to us as we went throughWe thought this would die out as the miles got longer and the hours got lateIt did notThroughout the entire day, every single overpass was filled with fans waving to us, or the French police pointing laser and radar guns at usWe were stopped in France doing XXX miles an hour (no idea how many kilometers per hour that isand the officer shook his head, give me my international driving permit back, and stated"Bon Vivant".  Hreturned to his car and sped awaytook that to mean that he was laughing off the incident as was just one of those people who "enjoys the good life"This was very fortunate blessingThe seizure of the car for high-speed driving would've ended my life's goal of driving around the world in my Lamborghini.

After Chantilly, we enter BolognaWe arrive in Bologna and we are parked in the exact same spot that we parked our 2012 Aventador in 2013We were there for the 50th Anniversary GiroThe next morningit was blistering hot nearly 100 degreesremember that in 2013 purchased gelato in a small store and the Concubine ate it just before the Grand Giro kicked off at that exact spotgot up early and purchased gelatosame flavorand the Concubine sat on the rear of the car, placed the gelato on the wing of the SV and began to eat breakfastThat day we were off to the airportThat day would end almost 40 hours after it startedIt would end with us driving our car out of the airport in Japan

Lost in Translation:  Japan

After an extended wait, grueling plane ride, and no actual sleep, we had arrived in JapanDuring the plane ride over, wedding was performed in the plane, the guests were charged with wearing unicorn horns and participating, and man named Brock sang Despasito to his bride, and it was so surrealWe were on plane with Usher, Adrian Brody, David Hasselhoff, and many celebrities. was wearing unicorn hat, we were following plane that contained our Lamborghini, and we would be arriving in Japan with no sleep andonce againdriving on the other side of the road

Thirty-five (35) cars did not make it to JapanThe shipping company seems to have lost one third of the rallyWe waited for confirmation andwe were in luckOur car was on plane one (as it should beand it was in JapanIt was hotter in Japan than anywhere have ever beenWe got out of the airplane into the most grueling humidenvironment that I have ever been inWe ran to our car and jumped inIt had absolutely no gasIt had to be drained of gas for the flightleft the airportnot knowing that should be driving on the left side of the road, not knowing how to read any of the street signs (they were all in Japanese), and all of the navigation devices in my car were only reading Japanese characters and nothing would translate to EnglishThe Concubine was of no help at that timehowever through the grueling plane ride, and in theevening to comeshe was very valuable assetIn factthe team does not function without herTeam is two peopleThereforeif, and when, we have fightsit becomes very small team very quicklyAs divorce lawyer by tradethe irony is not lost on meIt is with great personal experience that can relate the followingdriving around the world in a Lamborghini with your significant other will either make or break your relationshipAfter 10 years of being with the same woman every day, day in and day out, and spending 24 hours day in a noisy, hot Italian cars, traveling around the world through time zones,elevations and cultural barriers, there is no one would want to spend time with other than DivinaFor usthe Lamborghini has given us the ability to have adventures and meet people we never thought possibleBefore we bought our first Lamborghini, we jumped out of airplanes,drove fighter jets across the desert, swam with great white sharks, conducted big-game safaris, produced films and music and art in our spare time, but nothing incrementally increased our bond together and our enjoyment of life like our first LamborghiniWe are loyal to the endWe have three on order

Japan

Upon entering Japan, wwere being followedThere are police in unmarked carsIncrediblythe police in unmarked cars wear helmetsThey're easy to spot when the windows are not tintedWe had met the leader of specific and unique leader car culture the leader of specific car culture in 2013His name is synergy more Moshe (John correct spelling)They label themselves "the mightiest familyand then onthe most interesting and expressive Lamborghini owners I've ever metThey have been reported as being "famousin Japan and "infamous"There are many articles that liken Mr. Moore host to gangster or otherwise paint him as person who plays by his own rulesPlusit would be great honor to be met by our friendThe day we met soon to know sheets note she more hoe she was the most difficult driving day of my life.

We left the airport in Japan and traveled immediately towards the evening’s hotelWe were immediately stopped at a tollThe tolls don't take American credit cardsWe had not changed any money as we traveled in private plane with our car in second private planeThere was no real "airportfor us and we jumped in our car and left without having any real preparation other than "get to the hotel"At the first toll I had to run out of my car into cars asking for money, so that could get through the tollIncrediblynobody spoke Englishwas able to get enough yen to get through the toll thanks to the beneficence of the Japanese drivers.

On the second night in Japan, the hotel did not cater to Westerners, nor did it permit Western clothing and attireThis was the Gumball 3000 ownerMaximilian Cooper'sway of keeping us out of our comfort zoneIt workedWe laid on bamboo mat on the floordrank tea, and ate sea urchinand wore what appeared to be robe for theentirety of my stay in the hotel, including dinner and evenings activitiesConcubine mentioned to me that "other teams seem to have underwear under theirkimono"Live and learn.

I woke up at 4:00 in the morning in the hotel where I was sleeping on the floor wearing a kimonowent to the top of the mountain and entered the hot springsat on the log naked and dumped water over myselfIt was still dark outThere were dozens of Japanese men doing this to the sunriseleft the bathhouse and approached my car on the gridThe owner of the chiron greeted me, and then met Japanese man who was intent on assisting me in detailing my car for over an hour and half in the hot morning sunWhen we were donethanked him in every way couldunderstanding the language barrierHe seemed to convey to me that he also was supercar ownerHe may have been an actordidn't know who he wasbut was very nice to him and that sort of kindness never goes unnoticedwent into the hotel to get my car,the Concubine, and to get jump on today's rideIt was now 5:30 a.m. The man who had helped me clean my car for over an hour and a half was next to our car in his black FerrariApparently, he is a supercar owner and quite important in JapanHe gave me care package including specialties. low sugar candy, and fruits and nuts, so that could survive the days grueling journeyHe made sure to call people in Japan to meet us at each stopFrom this point on we were met with people who came up to us in broken English and tried to describe that their friendwith black Ferrari who had given us care packagehad told them to meet us and asked us if we were okayThat was amazing.

On the way to meet our great friend, Sanoshi Morahoshe,for what is a unscheduled and impromptu stop during ourrally.  We got stuck on our way temple in the hottest weather I've ever owned enduredThe car was redlining throughoutIt was choking on its own fumesWe were going miles an hour for more than 2 1/2 hours in trafficIt was triple digit heatIt was at this time that I was so dehydrated, so sunburned, exhausted, and emotionally beaten down, that truly believed that would not ever make it to TokyoThis was the last day, and all had to do was meet my great friendSanoshi Morahoshe, and had to cross the finish line into Tokyodidn't think it was happening and it was getting darkIt was over a hundred degrees and I was stopped on the side of the road intraffic

had no idea what to expect when arrived at the headquarters of the Sanoshi Morahoshe familyWhen saw him saw his bright blonde hair from far distanceAs approached noticed crowd of peopleWhen stopped the car in front of his headquarters, realized to myself that started the journey at my house and had ended at his home in JapanThe journey was over.

Mr. Morahoshe is very well respected manHe is quite important in his country and worldwideThe Japanese have culture of honor and traditionAs exited the Lamborghini at the end of the trip wondered how would greet my friendWould be a bow or a handshakeexited the Lamborghini and my emotions got the better of mewas overcome with a overwhelming feeling of magnificent achievement and gratitudelunged towards SanoshiMorahoshe and fast gave him bear hugHe erupted with laughter as well did his entire familyThere were 14 Lamborghinis waiting for me and the entire Morahoshefamily was out in full effectHis car was modified and customized as only this Japanese car club family seems to doSwarovski crystals, gold chrome, and lightsLights everywhereLike many Lamborghini ownersMr.Morahoshe expresses himself and enjoys rugged individuality like no one elsesave for myselfBoth him and have common bond not just through the cars, but through our understanding of what it means to be an individual, and to be on our own pathhad flown in Steve Feldman from Steve POVHe is the premier contact between this crew of Lamborghini owners and the rest of the worldMr. Feldman is prolific car enthusiast with great knowledge (superior to noneof the Japanese car culture and languageHe is the translator and he is YouTube starHis videos of this evening are legendaryAlso, there to document this was Shmee 150His videos of this meeting are more than entertainingtheir energeticpositive, and informativeHe is very good at what he does

I met Mr. Morahoshe and the entire family. I receivedballoons, gifts, hugs, and kissesThey asked me if wanted to go for short ridehad just driven the most difficult day of my lifehad been in heat that reminded me of lava beds in Arizonahad come to place of exhaustion and mental fatigue that felt could not returnNowthe most important supercar family in all of Japan is asking me if want to ride with them through country filled with narrow streets, police, and driving on the other side of the road, and after traveling around the entire world and getting up at four on several mornings, after sleeping on the floor, and on my way to the actual finish linedwant to drive with the more Morahoshe familyAbsolutely.

We left Morahoshe headquarters and was shocked beyond beliefhave driven 200 miles an hour against jet planes, helicopters, Bugattis, other supercars, in major rallies, on television, and throughout the world, but this was differenthave never seen any car club move like thisIt was an absolute ballet

ThLamborghinis interweave one into another able to communicate with each other with simple gestures and through navigatorsThey went into the tunnels under Japan at breakneck speeds passing columns underground and poles switching back and forth in front, beside, and in back of me in dizzying, synchronized driving lesson where was feeling like victim more than participanthave driven with NASCAR drivers and with professional Lamborghini drivers in Girohave driven against some of the best public roads against some of the best driversNothing could prepare me for the Morahoshe familyTheir cars are far more flamboyant and personal than anything ever saw, and their skill behind the wheel far exceeded anything have ever seen in the United States or EuropeThey were able to showboat and perform maneuvers that stillto this daydo not know how they dodon't know how they were able to get the entire city on lockdown with some sort of grid system, whereby the police at one point were telling us where to goand at another pointmy GPS translator stated, "we run from police nowOkay?"This was the wildest ride have had with the nicest and most colorful peopleWe ended up at the hotel just before midnighthad just done the most exciting drive of my life through Tokyo and through the tunnels of Tokyo at kill shot speeds, in what seemed to be synchronized swimming with LamborghinisAt some point, was less than feet behind MorahosheHe always made sure was second online and would bully or otherwise coordinate it so that was second and he was firstHe then did whatever it took to shake me, and we played games throughout the cityAt all times this required 110of my concentration and profound focusobtained second when didn't know hadAfter going around the world, sleeping on the floor,being losing 20 pounds, and being dehydrated during this trip alonewas now fearing for my life in the tunnels of Japan battling fatigue and following great friend

Upon arriving at the hotel my team was joinedThere was Joshua King, my assistant, John Lewis, and Syd Mondo from UhDopeWe had been followed for 3 1/2 weeks by Channel 8French televisionWe had French cameramen with us 24/7 and we traveled in an entourageWe had completed our journey around the world in LamborghiniThere is no way to describe what it feels like when you achieve your life’s goal, or at leastcan't find wayIt all seems like blur, and in retrospectit was far greater and more exciting than anything had imagined

Driving around the world in a Lamborghini was my goalThis waspie-in-the-sky goalAs the Italians call itBellini, the wish of wishes which can be hung on crescent moonWe arrived in New York after traveling the entire world in LamborghiniIt was realization of all the dreams and goals I've set for myselfAs couple we pulled through far closer and more in love than everAs for the carthere is no other vehicle fomehave not traveled around the world in Lamborghini, and have received the Lamborghini Uris, and have Lamborghini SV-J on orderhave two specific goals for the next rally season that are so amazing and epic have not sharedthem

What could possibly be more epic and amazing than going around the world in LamborghiniTime will tellbut assure youiwill involve me driving Lamborghini and it will be awesomeDivina will be with me, and the team will go onstronger than everdon't know if we are the only people who have traveled the entire world itheir Lamborghini, don't know if have more miles under my belt than any other Aventador owner, and don't know if there are other Lamborghini owners who have personally traveled more than 150,000 miles in Aventadorsdon't careMy fifth Aventador is on order and there will be sixth after thatcannot believe that we have achieved the goals we set and we are in the process of setting more