LP 640 CERAMIC "No Dust" Brake Pads

Old Guy Garage

I am so over brake dust that I was on a mission to conquer it.

OK, I have it all mapped, and if you hurry you can get a rebate from Hawk. Order them up from Summit racing, they will price match amazon and give you free shipping+ the rebate of $35

Rear Pads  Hawk Performance HB193Z.670 Performance Ceramic Brake Pad
2007 LP640

Front Pads  Hawk Performance HB609Z.572 Performance Ceramic Brake Pad
2009 R8

link for rebate http://www.summitracing.com/go/hwk

Hope this helps someone

Well it's pretty easy. When I drove 50-100 miles the wheels/calipers were super dusty/black with the factory Brembo pads, I hated it. 

I put the same pads on my Maserati and so far after 200 miles they are clean still. As these are the same exact pads, I feel it's going to be a win!

Will know within the next week.

14 hours ago, Old Guy Garage said:

Well it's pretty easy. When I drove 50-100 miles the wheels/calipers were super dusty/black with the factory Brembo pads, I hated it. 

I put the same pads on my Maserati and so far after 200 miles they are clean still. As these are the same exact pads, I feel it's going to be a win!

Will know within the next week.

No compromise on performance? That would be a big win. I'd be curious if you feel a softer pedal or it takes longer to stop compared to OEM. But glad to see you trying this stuff, the community definitely derives benefit from it. 

Thanks Destructo. The pedal hardness does not change at all, and on the Maser it stops just as good if not better.  The benefit overall though is no brake dust. Here's the rotors after turning. Oreilly's $12 each, great job!

IMG_20191002_103545_163.jpg

At $1500/rotor, I couldn't get myself to have an auto parts store jockey turn my rotors.

Besides, I have heard that Blanchard grinding is the way to go on high performance brake rotors.

If they cut your rotors down enough to eliminate the chamfer on the holes, you'll want to add them back if your rotors originally had them. My 2004 definitely does.

They only took off .005 on the face, no problems. Also this guy is a pro that did them, not a hack. I had him do my maser rotors first, they were perfect like these were when I got them back. The finish was awesome.  Though I understand the concern for sure.