Lamborghini Veneno Roadster sells for nearly $8.3 million dollars

APB

24886075-17-41.jpg&width=960

It is almost twice as expensive as the next car on the list, which is a Koenigsegg One:1 at $4.6 million. In a company of a Koenigsegg, ThethetheFerrari, Enzo, P1, Veyron and and lots of other hypercars this fetched the most. I can't imagine what a decently specced one would go for. 

Also the site features very rare Veneno engine photos, here is one of them:

24886075-17-13.jpg&width=960  

See more cars here, sadly it didn't go so well for a black Murcielago SV:

https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/25819/#/aa0=1&MR0_length=96&w0=list&m0=0

If you want more background on the history of this collection, the cars were seized from an African dictator's son in 2016:

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/buying-maintenance/a28195295/government-seized-supercar-collection-bonhams-geneva-sale/

10 hours ago, Destructo said:

I saw that, quite shocking to say the least!  Especially because it's filthy in the pictures. My gosh, did no one think to detail before the auction?! :lol2: 

It'll probably be sent to Lambo HQ for a refurb.

I cant imagine why anyone would spec ANY lambo n that color, let alone a veneno roadster.    Still absolutely love that car, but I would be having them strip the paint and redo the interior ASAP for that kind of money.  

7 minutes ago, Kevin2772 said:

I cant imagine why anyone would spec ANY lambo n that color, let alone a veneno roadster.    Still absolutely love that car, but I would be having them strip the paint and redo the interior ASAP for that kind of money.  

It looks like a bad kit car, but money can't buy taste. I mean, I suppose if you are pilfering it from the coffers of an oppressive government you're going to take risks on color....

That's literally the only reason I can think of for going with that spec.   The matte black one with green interior running around London is amazing.  I can only imagine what it would be like rolling a roadster like that around in the fall seasons here in the Midwest.  But sweet jesus, just don't spec a car like that the same way you specced a 1993 Rolls Royce Silver Spur.   Only thing its missing is the brown leather top. 

Likely to have been purchased by:

1. A friend of the dictators son.

2. A current Veneno owner to boost the value.

3. Stevie fcuking wonder.

What a shitbox.

1 hour ago, LA_Brit said:

Likely to have been purchased by:

1. A friend of the dictators son.

2. A current Veneno owner to boost the value.

3. Stevie fcuking wonder.

What a shitbox.

It is a shitbox, wasn't this a liquidation sale of some African dictator's son?

On 9/30/2019 at 12:50 PM, Destructo said:

I saw that, quite shocking to say the least!  Especially because it's filthy in the pictures. My gosh, did no one think to detail before the auction?! :lol2: 

Maybe they figured nothing would make it look better :lol2:

The Veneno is just like the Reventon.  A glorified bodykit car unfortunately.  Beautiful to look at, but nothing different from an engineering perspective.