Was just at the Factory

Allan-Herbie

Was lucky enough to get a glimpse of the Sian. Looked amazing. Was told the electric motor works in between shifts to shorten shift times. 

Also, there was one Aventador S on the line, was told it was the last, or one of the last ones to be built. 

Pretty much all the Aventadors on the line were SvJ roadsters, and the production # I saw was 9244..

According to what I was told "unofficially " production will end right at 10,000 units including all special editions. They produce 4.5 Aventadors a day. Specifically told early next year the line is shutting down and being retooled for the replacement.  

Interesting they are building SVJ roadsters already. I’m getting the first one at my dealer and have been told November production. December or January delivery.

So the roadsters will be MY21? I assume if they have to retool they'll skip a MY and replacement should be a MY23 unless they unveil the replacement next year, maybe Geneva?

I will be at Maranello to spec out my 812 GTS on Wednesday.  Going to the Lamborghini factory for a tour as well :lol:

4 hours ago, topjay said:

How to really annoy customers that have just had there now old model car delivered 

Was pretty much to be expected. I went with the SVJ coupe specifically for this reason - Roadster was cutting it too close to the replacement.

Still waiting on. an update of my couple. Are they going to sandwich production then? Are they trying to get some roadsters out, then play catch-up on the remaining coupes?

3 hours ago, Ali-M 750 said:

So we will have a hybrid Aventador az the next Aventador member since we won't see a new flagship till 2024

Next flagship is a lot closer than 2024.

I checked with my dealer yesterday. My roadster is currently scheduled for production completion in December with January delivery. I was initially told November production with December delivery.

3 hours ago, jdcohenmd said:

My SVJ coupe has just completed production, it will be a model year 2020, they are holding them and awaiting 2020 carb certification.

That must be annoying knowing the car is done but having to wait for it, but at least it will be a MY year newer. Wonder if that means some of the later production roadsters will be MY2021 with replacement as MY2022?

It's odd that the line is all SVJ Roadsters according to Allan when DoctaM3's coupe hasn't been built yet, unless his car is also just waiting for the certification.

10 minutes ago, sprite said:

That must be annoying knowing the car is done but having to wait for it, but at least it will be a MY year newer. Wonder if that means some of the later production roadsters will be MY2021 with replacement as MY2022?

It's odd that the line is all SVJ Roadsters according to Allan when DoctaM3's coupe hasn't been built yet, unless his car is also just waiting for the certification.

Raises an interesting point.

If there is no difference between MY 19 and 20, will the prices reflect that when they trade hands later? 

My Performante, which was a MY19 coupe, was built and ready to ship last August but stored at the factory until Dec because of CARB certification.  The issue is the disconnect between CARB, EPA and VAG who are late submitting the paperwork needed for certification. It's a massive headache when you're waiting on EPA and CARB certification because there's no timeline and it's worst now because there's more eyes on VAG because of diesel-gate so things move even slower.

Btw, I was also told that dealers can swap out a roadster slot for a coupe so coupes are technically still available to order.

9 hours ago, sprite said:

My car hasn't even gone into production yet.  Grant it, I think I pushed Ad Personam to some new heights on my ask, which is why I suspect it hasn't gone in production yet but now maybe Lambo wants to get some roadsters on the scoreboard so, coupes are lower priority.  IDK.

7 hours ago, sl55 said:

My Performante, which was a MY19 coupe, was built and ready to ship last August but stored at the factory until Dec because of CARB certification.  The issue is the disconnect between CARB, EPA and VAG who are late submitting the paperwork needed for certification. It's a massive headache when you're waiting on EPA and CARB certification because there's no timeline and it's worst now because there's more eyes on VAG because of diesel-gate so things move even slower.

Btw, I was also told that dealers can swap out a roadster slot for a coupe so coupes are technically still available to order.

My car was in that mix too. Car sat at port for nearly a month before they got released.  Legacy of the VW emission. scandal--Fed are still pretty strict around this stuff.

Is this storage of factory cars or customer cars? Interesting to see a Murci Version edition in the mix...

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

1 hour ago, Destructo said:

Wonder if that's a service area or re-certification area? Interesting there is a Bentley back there.

They do provide service if requested.  Yes, re-certification is possible via Polo Storico but they have very straight rules.  
Well, I guess Bentley is part of the “family”.  They use Audi A6’s to shuttle special guests & VIP’s.  I wonder if that would be switched to Urus eventually?