The Joker

topcabron

13 hours ago, topcabron said:

Joaquin Phoenix is fcuking nuts

I'm quite excited to see this one. As i hate movie theaters and associated crowds I'll wait till it's available digital, but I read the synopsis and plot summary. Sounds pretty incredible.

Here was an interesting politically-oriented review.

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2019/10/04/joker-review-todd-phillips-blasts-americas-bitter-jealous-violent-fascist-woketards/

31 minutes ago, Destructo said:

I'm quite excited to see this one. As i hate movie theaters and associated crowds I'll wait till it's available digital, but I read the synopsis and plot summary. Sounds pretty incredible.

Here was an interesting politically-oriented review.

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2019/10/04/joker-review-todd-phillips-blasts-americas-bitter-jealous-violent-fascist-woketards/

I watched at a vip theater where I had my big comfy seat and

people are respectful. 

The movie really good. And Joaquin is very good in this role.

i want the joker 2

1 hour ago, topcabron said:

I watched at a vip theater where I had my big comfy seat and

people are respectful. 

The movie really good. And Joaquin is very good in this role.

i want the joker 2

We don't have those kind of theaters here unfortunately.

Yeah, it look like he took it to another level. Reminiscent of the commitment and depth Ledger took in his portrayal (from what I can see of the reviews and the trailers). 

8 hours ago, Destructo said:

We don't have those kind of theaters here unfortunately.

Yeah, it look like he took it to another level. Reminiscent of the commitment and depth Ledger took in his portrayal (from what I can see of the reviews and the trailers). 

Where is “here”

crazy part art is vip seats cost 120 pesos($6.00) which is less than a regular seat in the states. Big seat, food service, and no riff raff. Hard to get better 

25 minutes ago, topcabron said:

Where is “here”

crazy part art is vip seats cost 120 pesos($6.00) which is less than a regular seat in the states. Big seat, food service, and no riff raff. Hard to get better 

Small town Midwest USA, the regular tickets at our cinema are like $12.00 to start. 

Here in Upstate NY, the movie theater Cinemark Tinseltown replaced all their standard seats in the theaters with big comfy recliners. It is awesome.

On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 7:55 PM, Destructo said:

Small town Midwest USA, the regular tickets at our cinema are like $12.00 to start. 

That's surprising.  Here in Cincy we have theatres all over with recliners, and waiters that serve food and alcohol during the movies.   Its quite nice.  I have 2 within 10 minutes of my house.

i thought the movie sucked balls.

Brad Pitts space movie was ok, was kind of a head fake i thought it was about space not about daddy issues.

IT2 looked more interesting than the joker

My girlfriend wants to see it, like she is super enthusiast about it. And I am not...
I think the theme of "people's mental health will take a toll when they are only abused" is so close to me and obvious, that I am not sure if I need to see the movie.
Propably still going to see Joker for her tomorrow...

11 hours ago, rmtn said:

My girlfriend wants to see it, like she is super enthusiast about it. And I am not...
I think the theme of "people's mental health will take a toll when they are only abused" is so close to me and obvious, that I am not sure if I need to see the movie.
Propably still going to see Joker for her tomorrow...

If it strikes that big of a chord, you may want to mention something to her. Could be of a benefit for both of you to make her aware.