HELLLPPP!!

megachad

Ok guys, I have had the new ring and pinion for about a month... It takes a special jig and tool to install the bearings and ring nut on the pinion shaft.. I can't find a service facility that seems to have these tools anywhere. Tried steve at driven exotics, francos euro, evans, quite a few lambo dealers. 

Any help in sourcing help would be greatly appreciated! 

Reach out to Emilio.....he lives in Italy and owns 3 Diablos.  He has a business selling parts and miscellaneous items on the web.  Seems to be a good resource since he lives somewhat near the factory I believe.  Nice guy......

Chad, what is the purpose of the jig? Does it just attach to act as a bearing press? By the look of it the assembly process could be done with an arbor press or just using a brass or nylon sleeve to install the bearing. Past that it looks like everything is tightened down with a spanner and locked in place by dimpling the ring nut. Are any shims or spacers installed beneath the bearing or is it a flush fit? Am I missing something? 

Chad, if unable to source a jig it would not be hard to make one or have a machine shop take care of it. Several ways to go. You could secure it with a matching splined shaft, just use a brass vise or one with nylon or rubber inserts to prevent damage to the teeth, or weld a series of round stock pegs to a shop table or piece of steel to secure the teeth. The last is not that difficult and would work. You would just need to draw out the pattern between the teeth and then weld vertical pegs while leaving enough room for rubber, electrical tape, or nylon to prevent any marring. If done right the shaft would drop right in and be held secure while torquing everything down.

A final option would be to have a fixture 3d printed that could be inserted in a vise that was a perfect fit for the teeth. Good luck with it.

Great insight! Thank you. We will work on it and I’ll post what comes about. A member on lambo talk has the pinion nut tool he is letting me borrow. Super nice guy. 

17 hours ago, Allan-Herbie said:

Have you tried Steve at EMC?      I have. Nice guy. Helped with some insight, but doesn't seem to have the tools, and says he is too busy right now to help.

8 hours ago, Chipster said:

Lambo stuff or bull stuff used to rent tools, they do. Getting the proper part number has been a nightmare.

Also, SPGlass from lambo talk has the tool on hand. He is sending it to me today and we should be able to move forward quickly from here! Huge shoutout to him for being so helpful. These forums are a life saver.

Take care guys and I'll keep this updated.