What city to fly into for factory visit ?

alpha6164

I am making plans to visit the factory to spec out my SVJ63 roadster and was trying to figure out best way to get there? For people that have gone, do you fly to Florence or Bologna ? 

And from there do you catch a fast train or rent a car ? All inputs highly appreciated

Bologna.

Don't know if they still do it but in the old days, the factory would send a car out to take you from the city centre to the factory and back.  One would think that they would still do it since you are ordering a rather extraordinary model.  Your Lambo dealership should be able to assist/arrange you.  Renting a car is also possible but unless you plan on travelling elsewhere, I don't see the point.  Plenty of taxis around the train terminal of Bologna and you can negotiate a fair price from there to the factory.  The distance isn't far; it's like a half an hour ride.

I just did this in June. Bologna is still the best and most practical airport to fly in for factory visit.

• 1 month later...
On 10/31/2019 at 3:08 PM, DoctaM3 said:

I just did this in June. Bologna is still the best and most practical airport to fly in for factory visit.

Saw they have a neat little Lamborghini display from your YouTube video arriving, that's pretty neat!

2 hours ago, Destructo said:

Saw they have a neat little Lamborghini display from your YouTube video arriving, that's pretty neat!

Yeah. I was surprised. It pretty cool. They have a concierge there too who can give you info most of the day too. The woman who was there was surprise, surprise very attractive & very knowledgeable.

On 10/31/2019 at 4:36 PM, Allan-Herbie said:

I flew into Milan. 

For a bigger extended stay in Italy and a direct flight from major hub cities, this is preferred. 

12 hours ago, Smash Boy said:

For a bigger extended stay in Italy and a direct flight from major hub cities, this is preferred. 

Yes, we were there for 3 weeks.