Help! Aventador battery replacement.

Cagliostro

Hi! Yesterday I took my aventador out after being in a paint workshop for 2 months and the battery has died on me in an underground car park. Is there any chance of any help and tips of how to replace the battery and what is the best spec battery to buy please? Any help would be very much appreciated!!! Thanks in advance!!!

I believe the battery is in-front of the driver side rear tire... You have to jack the car up, remove the wheel and remove the fender liner. 

Sorry Allan, you described the battery location for the Diablo & the Murci.  For the Aventador, the battery is in the front trunk hidden behind the tub.

Cagliostro, what year is your AV?  If it’s 2013 and beyond, you might want to reconsider.  MY2013 & beyond have supercapacitors and its current is no laughing matter.  Although the car battery is dead, capacitors can store a charge for some time and can give you quite a jolt if you aren’t careful.  Removing/reinstalling the front trunk’s tub is a bit of an undertaking also so you may wish to think twice before proceeding.

6 hours ago, topjay said:

Yep have to take the front tub out which can’t be done without removing the trunk lid as it’s too big to get past it. Stupid design 

Where are people installing battery tender connections? Thought the tub or another location?

Cigarette lighter terminal in trunk remains live so just plug in a suitable tender with cigarette adapter like ctek there no need for additional wires or connections. 

Some dealers installed a battery tender connector on the passenger side of the engine bay.  The engine bay cover can still be properly closed with the tender connected.

For years now I have just relied on the cigarette terminal in the trunk. I have seen others here who say engine bay only but from talking to factory and personal experience, cigarette location is just fine.