New Cannonball Record - UPDATED

BLK85

That's pretty exciting! 

I haven't been able to watch the full video, but I got the impression he wasn't naming name (sure Statute of Limitations, I get that) but did he mention the new time? 

I also find this extremely hilarious because of the recent release of the Apex TV special on NBCSports a couple weeks ago. Anyone catch that? 

16 hours ago, Destructo said:

That's pretty exciting! 

I haven't been able to watch the full video, but I got the impression he wasn't naming name (sure Statute of Limitations, I get that) but did he mention the new time? 

I also find this extremely hilarious because of the recent release of the Apex TV special on NBCSports a couple weeks ago. Anyone catch that? 

He didnt really say anything about the run. Except that they took the northern route. 

Ed I think you should do a proper documentary about the history from start to present! That is a movie I'd love to see. 

Even though Apex just came out, and it some great historic stuff, my gosh was it the Alex Roy show. It might as well been titled "The Alex Roy Cannonball Run" brought to you by Alex Roy, produced by Alex Roy, starring Alex Roy talking about the 'awesomness' of Alex Roy. It was insufferable. And he didn't even hold the record while making the movie, and also seemed to forget a few people in the title chase as well. I read his book a long time ago, and it was the same thing, all about himself and how great he is. 

Ed has the wherewithal to talk about something greater than himself and not make it all about his ego, unlike Roy. 

On 11/15/2019 at 7:59 AM, Destructo said:

Ed I think you should do a proper documentary about the history from start to present! That is a movie I'd love to see. 

Even though Apex just came out, and it some great historic stuff, my gosh was it the Alex Roy show. It might as well been titled "The Alex Roy Cannonball Run" brought to you by Alex Roy, produced by Alex Roy, starring Alex Roy talking about the 'awesomness' of Alex Roy. It was insufferable. And he didn't even hold the record while making the movie, and also seemed to forget a few people in the title chase as well. I read his book a long time ago, and it was the same thing, all about himself and how great he is. 

Ed has the wherewithal to talk about something greater than himself and not make it all about his ego, unlike Roy. 

Thank you for the kind words. I put this together as a quick history of the events about a year ago - 

On 11/15/2019 at 6:59 AM, Destructo said:

Roy is entertaining too. But differently. 

Thanks for the Video Ed! Ill check it out, love your channel! Ironically I wore the Montana  Tax Shelter shirt 40 miles out of my damn way(I live in a different county by 1 blocks, but I knew that when I bought the house) to pay tax on a cheap car I bought. 

On 11/16/2019 at 9:43 PM, BLK85 said:

Roy is entertaining too. But differently. 

Thanks for the Video Ed! Ill check it out, love your channel! Ironically I wore the Montana  Tax Shelter shirt 40 miles out of my damn way(I live in a different county by 1 blocks, but I knew that when I bought the house) to pay tax on a cheap car I bought. 

You're 100%, Roy is definitely entertaining, just not my flair. 

• 3 weeks later...

Nicely done guys.  I love the recent documentaries on Cannonball.  There is so much history there. As they said in the VINWiki story, "records are meant to be broken." We have not seen the end of these but hopefully executed a nicely as these 3 guys. Roy & Ed are legend but so are the OG who started it all.

How do we feel about the record being broken by taking a different route than every other cannon baller? Is it a NY-LA regardless of route or should everyone have to take the same path to glory? 

2 hours ago, Griza said:

How do we feel about the record being broken by taking a different route than every other cannon baller? Is it a NY-LA regardless of route or should everyone have to take the same path to glory? 

I believe some of the older (70's and 80's runs) used different and Northern routes. I'd have to look. But i'm cool with it.

Seeing the mainstream media pick up the story and reading some of the comments is pretty funny. Saying they are risking people's lives, which they are. But the car is prepped better than most cars on the road I am sure. And they want to go home to their family's too. Everyone here has probably sped at pretty high numbers. Its all a risk.