2004 Gallardo Wont start

dtdave21

Hi new to Lamborghinis, just bought my first Gallardo. I have looked and looked through the forums but haven't seen exact advice to my situation. Car will not start and run on it's own, it will fire right up and run with continual starting spray. We do not have any communication to OBD, no pulses to the injectors, no rpms seen on the dash cluster when running on starting fluid. Does anyone have a detailed wiring diagram? I've looked at a couple but they are coded in a manner that is unreadable without the key to understand it. Would the radio not being installed but an issue? it is an aftermarket radio..

21 hours ago, dtdave21 said:

Hi new to Lamborghinis, just bought my first Gallardo. I have looked and looked through the forums but haven't seen exact advice to my situation. Car will not start and run on it's own, it will fire right up and run with continual starting spray. We do not have any communication to OBD, no pulses to the injectors, no rpms seen on the dash cluster when running on starting fluid. Does anyone have a detailed wiring diagram? I've looked at a couple but they are coded in a manner that is unreadable without the key to understand it. Would the radio not being installed but an issue? it is an aftermarket radio..

Sounds like you got a mess on your hands.

Do you mean you have no way to connect to the OBD system, like the connection on the car is gone? Or you don't have a OBD reader?

I'm not much of a mechanic, but it sounds like you aren't getting fuel.  Did you go through and check all your fuses? Could be a fuel pump? On top of that, all the dash complications give me a real 
"yikes" feeling :lol2: 

The radio removal a profession or a at-home kind of job? Because if they are just cutting wires or the wrong ones, might explain some of the dash issues.

I agree with Destructo that it sounds like a problem getting fuel. Fuel pump, Fuel Filter, fuses(long shot but maybe get lucky). 

I wouldnt be concerned about the dash not working. Maybe it takes a while to get everything up and going. Fix the first issue then tackle the next. 

Just a little update on the car. Its alive and running. I located a blown 7.5amp fuse under the passenger dash. Replaced it and the check engine light came on. Car then started right up on its own fuel and has been working perfect since. Thanks again for everyone's input.