It must have been love...but it's over now...

VCR

In an attempt to bring back the glory days of LP....

Veteran members will recall that we used to make posts on celebrities who passed away with interesting titles.  I am starting this one:

Marie Fredriksson of the band Roxette had passed away on Dec/9 after a 17-year battle with brain cancer.  The Roxette was a huge hit in the 90's having several chart-topping hits.  The most famous one would likely be the featured song in the Hollywood megahit movie "Pretty Woman" starring Julia Roberts (this movie literally launched her career as a movie star) and Richard Gere.

Marie was a diva with quite a voice.  Her battle with brain tumor caused her one eye and she temporarily lost her voice and ability to read, write and move.  She did recover and made a comeback but she had now gone to sing with the angels.  RIP Marie :crybaby2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2C5TjS2sh4

5 hours ago, VCR said:

In an attempt to bring back the glory days of LP....

Veteran members will recall that we used to make posts on celebrities who passed away with interesting titles.  I am starting this one:

Marie Fredriksson of the band Roxette had passed away on Dec/9 after a 17-year battle with brain cancer.  The Roxette was a huge hit in the 90's having several chart-topping hits.  The most famous one would likely be the featured song in the Hollywood megahit movie "Pretty Woman" starring Julia Roberts (this movie literally launched her career as a movie star) and Richard Gere.

Marie was a diva with quite a voice.  Her battle with brain tumor caused her one eye and she temporarily lost her voice and ability to read, write and move.  She did recover and made a comeback but she had now gone to sing with the angels.  RIP Marie :crybaby2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2C5TjS2sh4

The Ghoul Pool? :lol2:

Back then Romandad had quite the library of references and descriptions!

Ahh the good ol' days for sure! 

I’m down for bringing it back, as morbid as that sounds. 

On 12/11/2019 at 8:36 AM, Destructo said:

The Ghoul Pool? :lol2:

Back then Romandad had quite the library of references and descriptions!

Ahh the good ol' days for sure! 

The Ghoul Pool must return.

On 12/12/2019 at 12:57 PM, ATL_ said:

The Ghoul Pool must return.

I am neither talented or insightful enough to even enter the ballpark of wit and banter Roman and Capt play in. I know my lane, you'll have to take it up with them :lol2: 

We dont need ghoul pool, we need people to actually start threads about life/question/misc.

In the glorydays it was young guys like me/rob/etc asking a ton of stuff, and then older guys posting their biz stuff. 

3 hours ago, Rawr said:

We dont need ghoul pool, we need people to actually start threads about life/question/misc.

In the glorydays it was young guys like me/rob/etc asking a ton of stuff, and then older guys posting their biz stuff. 

Social media killed the message boards.

18 hours ago, sprite said:

Social media killed the message boards.

There is some truth to that. However, I don't think there is the depth or the sense of community through like we have here. I could be wrong, but I don't feel it out there. 

13 hours ago, Destructo said:

There is some truth to that. However, I don't think there is the depth or the sense of community through like we have here. I could be wrong, but I don't feel it out there. 

a lot of wind was knocked out of the sails of LP when the board was down for a long time due to the website upgrade, too.

14 hours ago, Destructo said:

Regrets but I do not agree with that.  In the past, perhaps but certainly not now.  You sir are doing your absolute best in an attempt to hold everything together.  Kudos to you but it seems futile and it isn’t your fault at all.  I agree with sprite.  Let’s be honest, the undercurrent was well on its way ever since the Kris Singh incident. Members were either branching off or severing ties with LP and continued via social media to form their own inner circles.  The political thread added fuel to the fire.  Then narcissistic idiots were allowed to stay here instead of being properly banned hoping to increase site traffic from the drama.  It backfired and a whole chunk of good contributing members left.  All the while social media continues to grow and plenty of ex-members continue their chats via that avenue.  

And I actually wasn’t thinking of the Ghoul Pool.  That only happened at the end of the year like about now and yes, Roman & Capt. were great on that.  I was referring to when celebrities passed, we usually posted threads with “interesting” topic headings that are often related to the deceased instead of plainly saying so & so has passed.  But if the Ghoul Pool can assist on bringing LP back to it’s hey days; at least partially; I am all for it.  

I also agree that LP being down for a long time resulting from its overhaul was a contributing factor to the site losing its lustre.  The old site being unable to upload pics was another factor.

8 hours ago, VCR said:

Regrets but I do not agree with that.  In the past, perhaps but certainly not now.  You sir are doing your absolute best in an attempt to hold everything together.  Kudos to you but it seems futile and it isn’t your fault at all.  I agree with sprite.  Let’s be honest, the undercurrent was well on its way ever since the Kris Singh incident. Members were either branching off or severing ties with LP and continued via social media to form their own inner circles.  The political thread added fuel to the fire.  Then narcissistic idiots were allowed to stay here instead of being properly banned hoping to increase site traffic from the drama.  It backfired and a whole chunk of good contributing members left.  All the while social media continues to grow and plenty of ex-members continue their chats via that avenue.  

And I actually wasn’t thinking of the Ghoul Pool.  That only happened at the end of the year like about now and yes, Roman & Capt. were great on that.  I was referring to when celebrities passed, we usually posted threads with “interesting” topic headings that are often related to the deceased instead of plainly saying so & so has passed.  But if the Ghoul Pool can assist on bringing LP back to it’s hey days; at least partially; I am all for it.  

No need to regret it. I appreciate the kind words and insights for sure about it all. I can admit that I keep my social media interactions to a very low level. I deleted my personal Facebook account a while ago, usually just browse on Instagram and only use WhatsApp when I have friends overseas, Capt. wants to yell at me about something or I check in with LamboCars. So my experience is very limited and reduced, by choice. 

Let's start the ghoul pool. who takes the cake? Last times it was rule that you need to put your bet/bets in before january first. :)

On 12/16/2019 at 11:37 PM, VCR said:

X Celebrity wont be down for breakfast. 

On 12/17/2019 at 12:37 AM, VCR said:

Let’s be honest, the undercurrent was well on its way ever since the Kris Singh incident. Members were either branching off or severing ties with LP and continued via social media to form their own inner circles.  

Just curious, but who was Kris Singh and what happened there (unless that is too touchy a subject to discuss)?

12 hours ago, WheelsRCool said:

Just curious, but who was Kris Singh and what happened there (unless that is too touchy a subject to discuss)?

You have been around long enough to know him. He got the Veneno. LamborghiniKS on instagram. I cant remember his name here. 

9 hours ago, BLK85 said:

You have been around long enough to know him. He got the Veneno. LamborghiniKS on instagram. I cant remember his name here. 

It was RaginBull or Ragingbull, something like that.  Was the incident in question the one where he said the Veneno was the fastest road production car in North America and LP members asked for proof?

On 12/19/2019 at 10:26 PM, E7ITE said:

It was RaginBull or Ragingbull, something like that.  Was the incident in question the one where he said the Veneno was the fastest road production car in North America and LP members asked for proof?

Not quite.  It was something between Singh and a founding member/moderator.  But all that occurred outside of the LamboPower realm; only the fallout involved LP; so it’s probably best just to keep it that way.  

• 3 weeks later...

GhoolPool was not the same as what VCR is talking about. What he is mentioning was when a celeb died, and everyone raced to post a quippy headline regarding their passing that followed the motif of their life. It was morbid, kinda, but equally as funny and well received.