The New Huracan EVO RWD - Details Inside!

Destructo

- PRESS RELEASE FROM LAMBORGHINI BELOW IMAGES - 

554573.jpg

554574.jpg

554571.jpg

554572.jpg

554570.jpg554576.jpg

554679_v1.jpg

554741.jpg

554677_v1.jpg

554587.jpg

554585.jpg

554583.jpg

554582.jpg

554581.jpg

• Huracán EVO Rear-Wheel Drive (RWD) puts driver at the center of the driving experience

• 610 hp (449 kW) and 560 Nm of torque in lightweight chassis with specially calibrated Performance Traction Control System (P-TCS)  

• Unique design signifies Huracán EVO RWD’s fresh and exciting delivery of pure driving emotion

• In-car connectivity with HMI touchscreen technology and infinite Ad Personam options

Sant’Agata Bolognese, 4 January 2020 – Automobili Lamborghini announces the Huracán EVO Rear-Wheel Drive (RWD): a visceral driving machine, delivering 610 hp (449 kW) of power at 8,000 rpm and 560 Nm of torque at 6,500 rpm to a lightweight car with rear-wheel drive and dynamic steering for maximum driving fun. Weighing just 1,389 kg, the Huracán EVO RWD has a top speed of 325 km/h and accelerates from 0 to 100 km/h in 3.3 seconds. Despite its top-figure capabilities, the Huracán EVO RWD is not focused on straight-line speeds or lap records: with a unique new design, the Huracán EVO RWD proclaims its designation as an instinctive driver’s car.

“The Huracán EVO rear-wheel drive puts the car in the driver’s hands: the driving experience is delivered by the hardware,” says Stefano Domenicali, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Automobili Lamborghini. “This car reminds the driver of Lamborghini’s pure engineering origins: the driver is at the center of the Huracán EVO RWD’s performance, with unfiltered feedback and an emotive and more engaging driving experience controlled by the pilot. The Huracán EVO RWD performance relies on the harmony between man and machine: driving skills and the Huracán EVO’s RWD mechanics deliver perfectly balanced dynamics, physical feedback and a pure performance. The Huracán EVO RWD enhances the V10 Huracán line-up with a model appealing to brand newcomers as well as those seeking sublime driving fun.”

Engineered for driving fun

The V10 engine delivers more than just power to the rear-wheel drive set-up: the sound of the naturally aspirated power plant combines with the specially tuned traction control system to deliver the most emotive, fun-to-drive experience in both dry and wet conditions, and even snow. The new Performance Traction Control System (P-TCS) is calibrated specifically for the rear-wheel drive Huracán EVO, delivering torque even during the phase where the car is realigning following drifting or side-slipping.

Whereas a ‘normal’ traction control system delivers a sharp decoupling, waiting for a car to become completely stable before delivering torque again, the P-TCS car delivers torque in advance, avoiding a harsh torque cut and assuring better traction when exiting a corner.

The P-TCS intervention is calibrated according to the Huracán EVO RWD’s driving modes, selected via the steering wheel’s ANIMA button (Adaptive Network Intelligent Management: ‘soul’ in Italian). In STRADA, the P-TCS minimizes rear wheel slippage to ensure stability and safety in all conditions: with a more proactive strategy P-TCS manages torque delivery on low-adhesion surfaces.

In SPORT mode, the P-TCS maximizes the fun-to-drive experience: the rear wheels can slide and skate during acceleration, for easy drifting fun without compromising safety. The system recognizes conditions where the angle of oversteer increases rapidly and limits torque delivery to the rear wheels, allowing the driver to perfectly control and stabilize the car.

In CORSA, the P-TCS is calibrated to achieve the rear-wheel slip that optimizes the car’s traction and agility when exiting a corner, allowing the driver to maximize performance. The P-TCS improves smoothness of intervention by 30% compared to the previous Huracán RWD model; improves corner-exit traction by 20% and enhances oversteer by 30%.

The Huracán EVO RWD’s hybrid chassis integrates lightweight aluminum and carbon fiber with an aluminum and thermoplastic resin body, with a total dry weight of 1,389 kg giving a weight-to-power ratio of 2.28 kg/hp. With front/rear weight distribution of 40/60, the Huracán EVO RWD sits on double wishbone suspension with overlapped quadrilaterals and passive shock absorbers. The electro-mechanical, servo-assisted Lamborghini Dynamic Steering (LDS) is tuned specifically for the Huracán EVO RWD, ensuring maximum feedback. The seven-speed dual clutch gearbox ensures the fastest gear changes, with launch control for maximum acceleration from a standing start. The 19” Kari rims with specially-developed Pirelli P Zero tires are fitted with ventilated and cross-drilled steel brakes. As an option 20” rims and carbo-ceramic brakes are available.

Fresh design for pure performance 

The Huracán EVO RWD continues the V10 Lamborghini’s powerful design with new front and rear features, clearly differentiating it from its Huracán EVO 4WD stablemate.

The Huracán EVO RWD is characterized by a sculpted, purposeful persona, complemented by a new front splitter and vertical fins within the larger, framed front air intakes. The rear bumper in high gloss black incorporates a new diffuser unique to the Huracán EVO RWD.

Inside, the cockpit features a HMI 8.4” touchscreen in the center console of the car, controlling all aspects of the car’s functions as well as managing full connectivity such as telephone calls, internet access, and including Apple CarPlay.

Both inside and out, Lamborghini’s Ad Personam program provides unsurpassed options for color and trim personalization, allowing owners of the Huracán EVO RWD to impose their individual style and personality on their new Lamborghini driving machine. In order to emphasize the shape of the car the new color, Giallo Belenus (yellow), has been developed together with a dedicated leather and Alcantara color for the interior trim, matching the new exterior paint. 

Price and market delivery of the Lamborghini Huracán EVO RWD

The first customers will take delivery of the new Lamborghini Huracán EVO RWD in spring 2020 at suggested retail prices as follows:

Europe          EUR 159,443 (suggested retail price taxes excluded)

UK                GBP 137,000 (suggested retail price taxes excluded)

USA              USD 208,571 (suggested retail price taxes/GST excluded)

China           RMB 2.540.000 (suggested retail price taxes included)

Japan           YEN 24,126,941 (suggested retail price taxes excluded)

Technical Data - Lamborghini Huracán EVO RWD

CHASSIS AND BODY

Chassis Hybrid chassis made from aluminum and carbon fiber
Body shell Outer skin made from aluminum and composite material
Suspension Aluminum double-wishbone suspension
Springs and dampers  Steel springs and hydraulic dampers. “MagneRide” electromagnetic damper control available as an option
Electronic Stability Control (ESC) ESC/ABS characteristics can be adjusted via ANIMA, ESC can be deactivated
Steering Electromechanical power steering, LDS steering with variable steering ratio as an option
Brakes Hydraulic dual-circuit brake system with vacuum brake servo unit, 8-piston aluminum calipers at the front, 4-piston aluminum calipers at the rear
Brake discs Specially contoured steel discs, ventilated and cross drilled ∅ 365 x 34 mm front, ∅ 356 x 32 mm rear
Tires (standard) Pirelli P Zero 245/35 ZR19 (front) – 305/35 ZR19 (rear)
Wheels (standard) 8.5J x 19'' (front) – 11J x 19'' (rear)
Mirrors Electrically controlled exterior mirrors
Airbags Full size dual-stage front airbags. Full size lateral airbags. Knee airbags in specific markets.

ENGINE

Type Ten-cylinder V, 90°, IDS+MPI dual injection
Displacement 5204 cm3 (317.57 cu in)
Bore / stroke Ø 84,5 mm x 92,8 mm (3.33 x 3.65 in)
Valve control Intake and exhaust camshafts with continually variable adjustment
Compression 12.7 : 1
Max. power 449 kW / 610 hp at 8,000 rpm
Max. torque 560 Nm (413 lb. ft.) at 6,500 rpm
Emissions class EURO 6
Exhaust treatment Two catalysts with lambda regulation
Cooling system Water and oil cross flow cooling
Engine Management Bosch MED 17 Master Slave
Lubrication Dry sump

DRIVETRAIN

Type Rear-wheel drive
Transmission 7-speed LDF dual-clutch transmission, shift characteristics variable via ANIMA
Clutch Double plate clutch ∅ 187 mm (7.36 in)

PERFORMANCE

Top Speed 325 km/h
0–100 km/h 3.3 s
0–200 km/h 9.3 s
Braking (100-0 km/h) 31.9 m

DIMENSIONS

Wheelbase 2,620 mm (103.15 in)
Length 4,520 mm (177.95 in)
Width 1,933 mm (76.10 in)
Width(incl. ext. mirrors) 2,236 mm (88.03 in)
Height 1,165 mm (45.87 in)
Track front 1,668 mm (65.67 in)
Track rear 1,620 mm (63.78 in)
Turning circle 11.5 m
Weight (dry) 1,389 kg (3,062 lbs)
Weight/power 2.28 kg/hp (5.02 lbs/hp)
Weight Distribution 40% (front) – 60% (rear)

CAPACITIES

Fuel 83 liters
Trunk 100 liters

CONSUMPTION WLTP Cycle
Combined 13,8 l/100 km
CO2 emissions 330 g/km

554575.jpg

554577.jpg

Back looks great, never liked the front of the Huracunt as a coupe - the front is too short and the angle down too steep for my liking. Looks squashed. The vert helps with this IMO but the proportions just don't seem balanced.

11 hours ago, LA_Brit said:

Back looks great, never liked the front of the Huracunt as a coupe - the front is too short and the angle down too steep for my liking. Looks squashed. The vert helps with this IMO but the proportions just don't seem balanced.

Agreed, the back end looks really good. The front feels just a little too soft and exactly put, just not balanced between the two. 

The front looks too soft? There is no other car on the road that screams more "get out of the fcuking way" than a Huracan. 

zA08T3Z.jpg

5 hours ago, APB said:

The front looks too soft? There is no other car on the road that screams more "get out of the fcuking way" than a Huracan. 

zA08T3Z.jpg

Soft may not be the right term, but that's the best I could do. And to clarify, it doesn't mean soft compared to the market at large. I meant it specifically in comparison to the back end of the car. 

On 1/4/2020 at 8:09 PM, LA_Brit said:

The car is amazing Cunt! 

I actually like its new looks.; very menacing,  Probably the first design/revision from Borkert that I find acceptable overall (but that's just me).  I do agree that from day 1 since the original H, its front end drops-off too sharply and its nose is a bit short which made its overall proportions look somewhat strange.

Let's see if its P-TCS would deliver as it claims and how it integrates with the drive-by-wire steering.  If it does what it claims to do, this should be a phenomenal machine to drive. 

On 1/5/2020 at 2:59 PM, Destructo said:

Agreed, the back end looks really good. The front feels just a little too soft and exactly put, just not balanced between the two. 

Picked one of these up again (had an LP560-4 Coupe from new in 2012 which i DD and did 14k or so in) and think this will stand the test of time better. Gearbox is shit in comparison but for a top down cruise along the PCH to get a coffee it's more than nice enough - it's been too long without a V10 or 12! Hopefully i'll be trading it in for an upgrade later in the year!

2011 LP560-4 Spyder

4000 miles

Mint.

$266k sticker - CF interior etc

index.jpg

I think the front looks much better than the AWD version.  Not to mention the pricing actually seems appropriate, whereas the AWD version seems incredibly over-priced at above $300k with good options.

unfortunately, surveillance has officially be made standard equipment, that would seem to mean the car could be compromised by someone or something anywhere that has an internet connection, not to mention you are be continuously watched, analyzed, and marketed...no thanks

and, every word you speak, will be recorded and out of your control as to how it is used...

and, if you have a girlfriend, daughter, wife, etc named "Alexa", wonder how that works

Evo in pics look s ok but its reality its not great in person, this Front kind of make me think of squadra corsa and thats not a good thing. 

Really not liking where Lamborghini have been going with the styling lately, its just trying too hard to be extreme without actually being extreme. on that note i think the rsq8 is a lot better looking in person than the Urus is. 

There are worse cars that have a way higher surveillance, just look at any Tesla. That kind of surveillance is extremely dangerous. 

Alexa is actually a harmless and welcome addition. The touchscreen in the central console of the Huracan Evo is horrible. Good luck controlling climate and etc with fingers. It simply doesn't work.

On 1/6/2020 at 9:58 PM, LA_Brit said:

Picked one of these up again (had an LP560-4 Coupe from new in 2012 which i DD and did 14k or so in) and think this will stand the test of time better. Gearbox is shit in comparison but for a top down cruise along the PCH to get a coffee it's more than nice enough - it's been too long without a V10 or 12! Hopefully i'll be trading it in for an upgrade later in the year!

2011 LP560-4 Spyder

4000 miles

Mint.

$266k sticker - CF interior etc

index.jpg

Nothing say "I love cocaine" than a collection like that ;) :lol2: 

6 hours ago, Destructo said:

Not actually tried it before!

I wont be keeping the LP long.

On 1/7/2020 at 8:57 AM, topjay said:

Evo in pics look s ok but its reality its not great in person, this Front kind of make me think of squadra corsa and thats not a good thing. 

Really not liking where Lamborghini have been going with the styling lately, its just trying too hard to be extreme without actually being extreme. on that note i think the rsq8 is a lot better looking in person than the Urus is. 

The interior is even a bigger disappointment. Looks and feels cheap and the the touchscreen just looks out of place. 

9 hours ago, Destructo said:

Maybe if the drug dealer was gay!