Breaking news! Kobe Bryant to testify against Clintons

Destructo

Totally inappropriate title. 

My wife and I were regulars at Lakers games when we lived in LA. When we lived in Los Gatos, we would go to Golden State games (when they sucked)  to watch them. We were at the double-overtime game against Phoenix in the playoffs, the greatest game I have ever seen. Kobe sunk a 3 to tie the game to go overtime, sank another 3 to send it into double overtime, sunk another 3 to win the game in double overtime. The guy was a killer on the court. A true legend. Unbelievable work ethic. RIP. Such a shame his oldest daughter died and 7 other folks. 

His career was unreal and certainly an inspiration on the court. More importantly was what he was doing since retirement.  He wasn't self-absorbed.  Here is a guy who truly wanted to make a difference. The difference started at home by being dedicated to his family.  A true loss. RIP Goat.

fwiw, several families are grieving the loss of a parent/child today from this accident, not just the superstars.  Long term life may be a lot harder on the families of the pilot and others who weren't as financially successful.  Tragic all around, but lets not disregard the 8 other people who were on the same ride.

21 hours ago, Roman said:

yeah...  Im still here mother fuckers...

He does exist....

8 hours ago, emanon said:

fwiw, several families are grieving the loss of a parent/child today from this accident, not just the superstars.  Long term life may be a lot harder on the families of the pilot and others who weren't as financially successful.  Tragic all around, but lets not disregard the 8 other people who were on the same ride.

So very true!  Tragic loss for all those involved.  RIP.

• porter changed the title to Breaking news! Kobe Bryant to testify against Clintons
On 1/26/2020 at 9:53 PM, kinnsella said:

Totally inappropriate title. 

:icon_fU:

3 hours ago, Roman said:

:icon_fU:

:icon_fU: Wasn't talking politics that destroyed this place.....well that and the botched "upgrade". I still prefer the old site.

1 hour ago, kinnsella said:

:icon_fU: Wasn't talking politics that destroyed this place.....well that and the botched "upgrade". I still prefer the old site.

The world keeps spinning. Glad you're still here though! 

4 minutes ago, Destructo said:

The world keeps spinning. Glad you're still here though! 

Barely....and no longer engaged on this site.  More interested in the older cars, love the flaws and character. Not interested in driving a robot.

8 hours ago, kinnsella said:

Barely....and no longer engaged on this site.  More interested in the older cars, love the flaws and character. Not interested in driving a robot.

We always enjoy contributions to the vintage themes and stories. I agree with you on finding joy in the character and flaws. Something endearing about learning a car over a period of time and getting to know it's personality and all the foibles. 

12 hours ago, kinnsella said:

Welcome back buddy, stick around a bit.

On 1/30/2020 at 7:13 AM, emanon said:

Welcome back buddy, stick around a bit.

Thanks, got too much going these days to pay attention. Working on the second act.