Lamborghini Announced Partnership with Lego Group

Destructo

For the child in all of us Lamborghini announced today they will be joining with the Lego Group for the Technic. Being the third in the series. I believe the first two are the Bugatti and the Porsche 911 RSR.

No word on which vehicle will be featured, but I'd wager an Aventador SVJ variety. 

Which car would you pick to be used?

555888.jpg

-- Press Release -- 

• First ever LEGO® Technic™ Lamborghini set will launch globally in summer 2020.

Sant’Agata Bolognese, 28/01/2020 – Automobili Lamborghini and The LEGO Group announce the new partnership introducing the first ever Lamborghini super sports car by LEGO® Technic™, the building system that allows older kids and adults to create more advanced, complex models.

The new 1:8 scale set will launch in summer 2020 and will be the third model in the LEGO Technic Ultimate series, following on from its hugely popular predecessors. This new partnership will see Lamborghini and LEGO Technic joining forces to deliver the engineering excellence and design flair that both companies have become famous for. With the possibility of constructing transmissions, differentials and gearing systems, LEGO Technic is an advanced building experience that many fans find challenging yet rewarding. When you build with LEGO Technic, you learn how to Build for Real.

Katia Bassi, Automobili Lamborghini Chief Marketing and Communication Officer, says, “The LEGO group has amazed entire generations with beautifully simple or extremely complex constructions. In the digital age, where entertainment is often via a screen, our collaboration with The LEGO Group allows enthusiasts to live a real experience, reproducing a Lamborghini super sports car in every detail to create an outstanding model, just like the real car.”

For Niels Henrik Horsted, LEGO Technic Marketing Director, partnering with a company like Automobili Lamborghini is an ideal choice: "Following the success of the former Ultimate models, it was crucial for us to find a new partner with an iconic vehicle, an unmistakable design DNA and ground breaking use of technology."

The LEGO Technic Lamborghini model will be available in LEGO Brand Retail Stores and the LEGO Online Store from 1 June 2020 and more widely from 1 August 2020. Further details about the LEGO Technic Lamborghini will be revealed at a later date.

1 minute ago, sprite said:

This is awesome. Hoping they go with the Aventador SVJ. I've already built the GT3RS and Chiron.

How did you like the Bugatti? Looks like a heckuva kit. I enjoyed the Porsche immensely, but now don't know what to do with it now that it's done. Just collecting dust. I may take it apart and do it over again in a couple years :lol2: 

Just now, Destructo said:

How did you like the Bugatti? Looks like a heckuva kit. I enjoyed the Porsche immensely, but now don't know what to do with it now that it's done. Just collecting dust. I may take it apart and do it over again in a couple years :lol2: 

Haha I have mine displayed in the living room. Funny thing is I bought the lego gt3rs before I got the real thing. I'm kinda tempted to paint it purple now to match my actual car.

The Chiron is more pieces and took a bit longer to build than the GT3RS, but in a lot of way it's also easier to find the pieces because the bags are more individualized.

11 hours ago, VCR said:

I hope the Technic model would look a lot better because, imo, the mini set looks like shit!

C731470A-4F28-4704-9BAA-3926C5B75AA3.jpeg

In my opinion, the Technic models have a much higher standard and quality. Usually supplied with quite a few proprietary parts. The mini kits are just cobbled together from current production pieces. I have faith it'll be an awesome kit, whichever model they choose.  

I would prefer the SVJ over the Sian. Maybe it'll be based on the Aventador race car that's coming out around that time?

57 minutes ago, sl55 said:

I would prefer the SVJ over the Sian. Maybe it'll be based on the Aventador race car that's coming out around that time?

I'm hoping for something more iconic. While those one-offs may have some attention, i think the real fun ones are the street-production models. The Bugatti kit as an example, in my opinion, would be way more enjoyable than a concept version.