Porsche Comes Back to the Super Bowl (Ad wise)

Destructo

A close friend ordered the Taycan 4.  I haven’t seen one yet in person. The dealer has a couple (already sold a turbo S demo car).  But we are away and haven’t bothered to see if there is one locally to look at.  Friend already had the charger installed in their garage. 

I’m very curious to see it. April delivery. 

In my experience Porsche does not execute technology very well. I hear it’s a fantastic handling car and blows away Tesla. It’s smaller than the Panamera. But tested range is 200 miles?  That wouldn’t work for me.   it’ll be interesting to see how it stacks up against competition. 

1 hour ago, cake said:

A close friend ordered the Taycan 4.  I haven’t seen one yet in person. The dealer has a couple (already sold a turbo S demo car).  But we are away and haven’t bothered to see if there is one locally to look at.  Friend already had the charger installed in their garage. 

I’m very curious to see it. April delivery. 

In my experience Porsche does not execute technology very well. I hear it’s a fantastic handling car and blows away Tesla. It’s smaller than the Panamera. But tested range is 200 miles?  That wouldn’t work for me.   it’ll be interesting to see how it stacks up against competition. 

Obviously the Turbo S is the sharpest looking ( of course it would be :lol2: ). I'll be very interested to hear your thoughts on it when you can get behind the wheel.

I'd imagine the handling and power are top-notch, but you're right on technology execution. I vaguely recall issues when the 918 first came out and the new "hybrid" system being integrated. I mean you can't expect brand new platforms and power trains to be fool-proof on launch, but how they handle the problems will be the ultimate barometer. 

The track precision app was a joke. Poorly executed and very complex once you figured it out.  Not nearly as user friendly as it should be for the price tag.  I skipped it on the GT4 but hubby ordered it on the RS. He figured it out and helped a friend get his running but it took WAY too much time.

No HID?  My C6 Z06 had it. My BMW wagon has it. I imagine you find it on far less expensive cars than Porsche’s. Maybe the Taycan has it (I haven’t paid close attn cause I don’t care).  But Porsche is late to market with tech and doesn’t do it nearly as well as others. The electronics on the Panameras are cumbersome at best. Basic finctions buried deep in menus. Not intuitive. 
The Taycan may be a great vehicle but there’s no way I’d be first in line for a first gen new platform Porsche. I’d wait and see how it develops. I hope it’s a success because I’d like them to succeed - just like I want Lambo to succeed. 

I am excited to drive it and will share impressions.