New Ride

THIRDGEN

30 minutes ago, THIRDGEN said:

VF engineering supercharger. Around 825hp.

mars red huracan.jpg

Congratulations! Looks sharp. How do you like the supercharged system over the normal Huracan? 

Thanks! I had a new stock one a few years ago and this one is fairly violent power in a good way. It hits the rev limiter too fast in manual shift so its best to just

let it shift itself. Highly recommend this setup. The dealers are installing them now so its safe I guess.

15 minutes ago, THIRDGEN said:

Thanks! I had a new stock one a few years ago and this one is fairly violent power in a good way. It hits the rev limiter too fast in manual shift so its best to just

let it shift itself. Highly recommend this setup. The dealers are installing them now so its safe I guess.

Know what kind of PSI it's running? That surprises me about the dealer, unless they are an authorized shop for VF. But i'd think the OEM dealers would poo poo on doing that. I mean unless they are getting a high margin for install. 

23 hours ago, Destructo said:

Know what kind of PSI it's running? That surprises me about the dealer, unless they are an authorized shop for VF. But i'd think the OEM dealers would poo poo on doing that. I mean unless they are getting a high margin for install. 

Not sure. I will ask VF engineering where the number is on the base setup. Lambo Dallas did the install on mine. Massive torque right on the crack of throttle movement.

Great pic.  I haven't seen too many while they are actually out driving but I did the other day.  Looks better every time I see an H.  Congrats!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2020 at 9:48 AM, Chipster said:

Great pic.  I haven't seen too many while they are actually out driving but I did the other day.  Looks better every time I see an H.  Congrats!

Thank you. I drove an Aventador first and the Huracan second, same day at the dealer 3 years ago and chose the Huracan for multiple reasons. Price was not one of them.

Owned a bunch of doors up Lambos so that is not such a big thing for me anymore either. Super gearbox and clutch. Aventador needs it.

8 minutes ago, THIRDGEN said:

Thank you. I drove an Aventador first and the Huracan second, same day at the dealer 3 years ago and chose the Huracan for multiple reasons. Price was not one of them.

Owned a bunch of doors up Lambos so that is not such a big thing for me anymore either. Super gearbox and clutch. Aventador needs it.

How would you rate the gearbox and clutch against its competitors? It seems off the top of my head that the Porsche PDK is superior, but I can't remember how Ferrari ranks. Were you considering any other brands?

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/31/2020 at 9:48 AM, Chipster said:

Thank you!

Kratos old car? It looks mint, congrats on the purchase. 

• 1 year later...