Favorite Benz cars

Antonyb98

Hey so idk about you guys my two favorite car brands are Lamborghini and Mercedes. For any of my Benz lovers out there what are your guys all time favorite Benz cars? And if you own any current MB cars what are they? :D

1 hour ago, Antonyb98 said:

Hey so idk about you guys my two favorite car brands are Lamborghini and Mercedes. For any of my Benz lovers out there what are your guys all time favorite Benz cars? And if you own any current MB cars what are they? :D

I'm a casual Benz fan, but I have to say there are too many to list that I'd pick up if I could. A couple of the modern highlights for me are the 190E Evo 2 and the CLK 63AM Black Series.

EVOii.jpg

blk63amg.jpg

For vintage the 300 SL takes the cake. I was at Pebble when they had a bunch gathered there and that sealed the deal on being able to experience and appreciate such an awesome car! 

300SL.jpg

6 hours ago, Destructo said:

I'm a casual Benz fan, but I have to say there are too many to list that I'd pick up if I could. A couple of the modern highlights for me are the 190E Evo 2 and the CLK 63AM Black Series.

EVOii.jpg

blk63amg.jpg

For vintage the 300 SL takes the cake. I was at Pebble when they had a bunch gathered there and that sealed the deal on being able to experience and appreciate such an awesome car! 

300SL.jpg

Those are some good picks! I’ve seen a CLK BS in person and they’re super hot! I’ve seen a couple gullwings and that’s probably one of the most majestic and beautiful cars ever made. It’s in a class of its own tbh. And lastly the 190E evo 2 is a legend and look at the prices they command now. 

All good choices. I have a buddy that owns a CLK Black. Put the rear seats black in so he can take his kid to school in it. It's a sledgehammer, not a scalpel and all the better for it. It's an absolute blast to drive.  Just got to get the head bolts upgraded.

I'd add a 71 280 SE 3.5 Cab to that list. 

maxresdefault.jpg

1 hour ago, kinnsella said:

All good choices. I have a buddy that owns a CLK Black. Put the rear seats black in so he can take his kid to school in it. It's a sledgehammer, not a scalpel and all the better for it. It's an absolute blast to drive.  Just got to get the head bolts upgraded.

maxresdefault.jpg

Yeah that 6.2 liter amg engine is a beast, absolute torque monster! And the W109 cabriolet is class on wheels such an elegant car. These cars are finally getting their due.

3 hours ago, kinnsella said:

maxresdefault.jpg

That 280 SE is choice! That would be an ideal classic cruiser! Any more photos of it? 

The W109 is so awesome. A regular sedan model isn’t even that expensive and the quality of them is so top notch the door close on a 60’s to 90’s Mercedes is magical. I love Lamborghini for its crazy outlandish designs and amazing V12’s. I love Mercedes for their quality and just how solid they are. I think that dichotomy is what makes those brands my two favorite.

18 minutes ago, Antonyb98 said:

The W109 is so awesome. A regular sedan model isn’t even that expensive and the quality of them is so top notch the door close on a 60’s to 90’s Mercedes is magical. I love Lamborghini for its crazy outlandish designs and amazing V12’s. I love Mercedes for their quality and just how solid they are. I think that dichotomy is what makes those brands my two favorite.

Not saying this would be the first car if i had this kind of money lying around, but I'd be mighty tempted!

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1990-mercedes-benz-190e-2-5-evolution-ii/

You really have to rev that cossie, not a lot of low down torque. It's a dog leg too, which is great.  I'd still have the CLK, they are a bargain and will appreciate, especially as unupgraded motors continue to grenade.   

Another classic early 90's E500. I owned one for 18 months, stolen, seamless torque in it's era. Off topic, my friend that owns the CLK, built a 91 Audi RS2 Coupe. Imported all the Porsche and Audi factory parts and built a car that never existed. 

1994_mercedes-benz_e500_1560864718870ffc15IMG_0221-940x599.jpg

8 hours ago, kinnsella said:

You really have to rev that cossie, not a lot of low down torque. It's a dog leg too, which is great.  I'd still have the CLK, they are a bargain and will appreciate, especially as unupgraded motors continue to grenade.   

Another classic early 90's E500. I owned one for 18 months, stolen, seamless torque in it's era. Off topic, my friend that owns the CLK, built a 91 Audi RS2 Coupe. Imported all the Porsche and Audi factory parts and built a car that never existed. 

1994_mercedes-benz_e500_1560864718870ffc15IMG_0221-940x599.jpg

I've heard good things about the E500, again a performance sedan, I'm totally down with that ethos. 

Agreed on the CLK's, that would be another good one to have. I have seen a few pop up but not many. 

You're friends build sound pretty interesting. Have any pictures or more details on it?

I own a Mercedes specialty shop on the east coast. We do everything from mid-50's to modern. The old stuff is cool, but the prices some are commanding now are insane in my opinion.  I owned a 500E for a short time that I purchased from a customer when I first opened. I sold it within a week for 4x what I paid and reinvested the money into the shop. The green convertible in the pic was purchased for $250k. The white car is an original Hammer 6.3, unfortunately the customer didn't have the money to get it back into good condition. The last pic is about 4200 hp of modded cars we have done for customers. It was a weird coincidence they all ended up at the shop the same day together.

As for my favorite the CLK Black was very high on the list, I'd have to dig up pics of that one. The 1 of 5 CLK GTR roadster I saw at a friends shop was insane also. My personal favorite at the moment though is my S63 coupe tuned to about 750hp. It just does everything well and is unbelievably fast in everyday driving

20181009_165804.jpg

IMG_20181206_121014_845.jpg

71188965_1685232411607189_8512063020992561152_o.jpg

12 minutes ago, jtrump said:

I own a Mercedes specialty shop on the east coast. We do everything from mid-50's to modern. The old stuff is cool, but the prices some are commanding now are insane in my opinion.  I owned a 500E for a short time that I purchased from a customer when I first opened. I sold it within a week for 4x what I paid and reinvested the money into the shop. The green convertible in the pic was purchased for $250k. The white car is an original Hammer 6.3, unfortunately the customer didn't have the money to get it back into good condition. The last pic is about 4200 hp of modded cars we have done for customers. It was a weird coincidence they all ended up at the shop the same day together.

As for my favorite the CLK Black was very high on the list, I'd have to dig up pics of that one. The 1 of 5 CLK GTR roadster I saw at a friends shop was insane also. My personal favorite at the moment though is my S63 coupe tuned to about 750hp. It just does everything well and is unbelievably fast in everyday driving

20181009_165804.jpg

IMG_20181206_121014_845.jpg

71188965_1685232411607189_8512063020992561152_o.jpg

That's awesome stuff! Congratulations on the business, hope you guys are doing well! 

Those CLK63 AMG Black Series Roadsters are VERY hard to come by, i think the only one I've seen was the video of Kim Dotcom and Kimi driving around the Ring! :lol2: 

Jesus, two F1's??  Where is Peloton when you need him to give us the SN's of both. hah.   I had the pleasure of driving KMR's CLK63 Black Series from North Carolina back to Ohio, and god was that car a blast through the mountains.  But the seats in that thing give you a spinal realignment. 

29 minutes ago, Kevin2772 said:

Jesus, two F1's??  Where is Peloton when you need him to give us the SN's of both. hah.   I had the pleasure of driving KMR's CLK63 Black Series from North Carolina back to Ohio, and god was that car a blast through the mountains.  But the seats in that thing give you a spinal realignment. 

That's what i heard about those, not only a hammer on the street/track but your back as well :lol2: 

15 hours ago, Kevin2772 said:

Jesus, two F1's??  Where is Peloton when you need him to give us the SN's of both. hah.   

If I recall silver was 001 and white was 031.

Outside of the more exotic models, I still love the ~2010 CL65.  Just a clean, classy whip and one of thee few 4-seat coupes with 4 windows / no B pillars (think Acura legend and BMW 850).

• 4 months later...

Looking around to replace my finicky Maserati Biturbo as a daily work driver I ran into the MBZ SL65 and SL600 as nice bang for the buck cars, convertible is a benefit in So Cal and quick as heck too. Kind of Plain Jane but I found you can spice them up a bit with nice wheels and lowering kit, and even get 700+ HP with a simple RENNtech or other chip upgrade.

IMG_E6242.JPG

• 7 months later...

nobody likes the SLR? It's so beautiful, especially in the right colors, one of the most physically stunning cars in person, im lucky I get to gawk at one of the rarest color ones ever made, so im biased

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2021 at 8:32 PM, dnm7 said:

nobody likes the SLR? It's so beautiful, especially in the right colors, one of the most physically stunning cars in person, im lucky I get to gawk at one of the rarest color ones ever made, so im biased

What color combo is that?!  Any pics?