Lamborghini Vs. Ferrari - Sales Figures 2019

Destructo

Both Ferrari and Lamborghini have released its 2019 sales data.

Now I'm hardly the guy to evaluate financials, but at face value it's interesting to see the two companies compared.

Lamborghini Results

Source Link: Click Here

- A 43% sales increase

- Delivered 8,205 Units (Nearly 5,000 being the Urus), (5,750 total units in 2018).

- Largest Market: United States with 2,374 Units delivered 

- Major Market Changes (Sales Figures, Not Delivered):

1. Europe, Middle East and Africa - 3,206 units, a 28% increase
  2. America - 2,837 units, a 45% increase
  3. Asia Pacific - 2,162 units, a 66% increase 

- Delivered 1,104 Aventadors

- Sold 2,139 Huracan's 

- The Urus first full year of sales increase by 182% from 1,761 in 2018 to 4,962 in 2019.

Ferrari Results

Source Link: Click Here

- A 9.5% increase of shipments over 2018.

- Total Shipments surpasses 10,000 units for the first time (10,131 shipped).

- Largest Market: Europe, Middle East & Africa with 4,895 units

- Major Market Changes:

1. The Americas (Non specified) saw 2,900 units, a 3% reduction compared to 2018
  2. Mainland China, Honk Kong and Taiwan saw 836 units, a 20% increase over 2018
  3. Asia Pacific Region took 1,500 units, a 13% increase

- A 11.2% increase in sales of V8-powered Ferrari's

- A 4.2% increase in sales of V12-powered Ferrari's

- Net revenue of 3.7 Billion

What Does It All Mean?

Beats me! :lol2: Draw your own conclusions.

But in all seriousness, Lamborghini is closing the units delivered gap pretty quickly. I doubt they'll have as strong of a year for 2020 as they did for 2019, since production is full-steam ahead. 

Ferarri's upcoming crossover could be produce a significantly large volume increase for units sold and delivered. If anything like Lamborghini figures they'll pull away in the units delivered.

But man, Ferrari makes some money. Just shows the power of the brand and not just the vehicles. It makes sense why Lamborghini is trying to increase it's branding with products outside of cars. Lamborghini didn't disclose Net Revenue in its release. 

So what your thoughts on this? Chime in, could be a really interesting discussion.  

They have never been closer in sales than they are now.

Worth noting is that Ferrari is the Disney of this story. Those 3.7 Billion are probably from everything combined, not just cars. Remember that they sell anything from Ferrari toilet seats to their own "Ferrari Disneyland" tickets. Another note should be added that Lamborghini has capped their production to 8500 cars for 2020 and onwards, while Ferrari has capped their's at 10000 cars for 2019 and onwards (they will expand to 12000 with the FSUV).  

The fact still stands, Lamborghini's growth has been incredible. 2 years ago Ferrari was selling the exact number of cars that Lamborghini has sold for 2019. Ferrari did that feat with 6+ platforms/models, while Lamborghini has done the same feat with 3 platforms/models.  

12 minutes ago, APB said:

They have never been closer in sales than they are now.

Worth noting is that Ferrari is the Disney of this story. Those 3.7 Billion are probably from everything combined, not just cars. Remember that they sell anything from Ferrari toilet seats to their own "Ferrari Disneyland" tickets. Another note should be added that Lamborghini has capped their production to 8500 cars for 2020 and onwards, while Ferrari has capped their's at 10000 cars for 2019 and onwards (they will expand to 12000 with the FSUV).  

The fact still stands, Lamborghini's growth has been incredible. 2 years ago Ferrari was selling the exact number of cars that Lamborghini has sold for 2019. Ferrari did that feat with 6+ platforms/models, while Lamborghini has done the same feat with 3 platforms/models.  

All excellent points.

And I imagine that's where Lamborghini is going to look for continued growth (the non-essential branded items, like Ferrari). Especially with capped vehicle production. 

I hope Lambo doesn't get to Ferrari's numbers and lose the exclusivity feel.  In fact, I thought Lambo was going to cap it numbers in one of the official reports we saw last year.  Either way, its good to see these companies remain healthy. Ferrari is a juggernaut for sure--but that is the power of that brand (carefully cultivated and protected) and of course history.  Still, call me a Lambo dude til I die. :P