Ferrari suing an anti-doping non-profit--Go Figure

DoctaM3

I came across this story yesterday and it reminded, as a former 458 Italia owner, why I stepped away and never looked back at Ferrari.  Those and some earlier generation cars were great, even iconic but the mentality that comes from the top is a huge turn-off for me. SO, I was not surprised to see this story.  Remember, they insisted they would never produce and SUV, but given the success of the Urus and some others in the marketplace, they are going to make an SUV named  Purosangue (Pure blood).  Well, guess they are now suing a local anti-doping non-profit that has the name since 2003 to take the name away from them to use it on their upcoming SUV. Really Ferrari? Reminds me of their cease and desist order with Deadmau5.  So, why?

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/a30750318/ferrari-purosangue-name-lawsuit/

I saw the headline and haven't dug into it yet. But if all true, that's pretty pathetic on Ferrari's part. I wonder if Ferrari tried to buy the name and the place refused in hopes of a large pay out? 

Can companies actually get away with this? Or are they just using it a strong arm tactic against a company with less money for Lawyers? 

9 minutes ago, BLK85 said:

Can companies actually get away with this? Or are they just using it a strong arm tactic against a company with less money for Lawyers? 

In the article it mentions this isn't the first time to happen. Especially for Ferrari.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-08-02/at-ferrari-a-battle-over-bikinis-sneakers-and-a-garden-hose

And they also sent a C&D to DeadMau5 for his Purrari wrap. 

Who would think a company could be so fragile.