Battery change on 2004 Mucielago

chucklehead

At least it is a DIY.  If I recall, the Aventador battery placement is deep and near firewall. Recall dealer saying its a 2-hour ordeal.

Also did oil change and front differential fluid change. Looked at rear differential but frame in way of drain bolts. The transmission drain plug was fine but my sockets are too large to get on Fill plug. Have to get shorter sockets to fit.

Learned why people say leave the oil sump plug alone. Able to see oil sump behind battery, neck is twisted to drain plug. Used vacuum pump thru oil fill to suck out sump oil.

would like to untwist oil sump neck to drain bolt but afraid I would crack it .

• 3 weeks later...

There is a risk with jacking the front of a murcie. If it’s off balance you can crack the $7k windshield. 

On 3/12/2020 at 2:47 AM, chucklehead said:

Yeah, did the 2 jacks with 1 jack on each side. Lifted it as evenly as possible. Same when lowering.

for my Diablo 6.0 I built a 2x6 arm with some pads to sit on top the jack and lift the frame on each side near the front diff. Of course I have to drive the car onto ramps first to get the jack and arm underneath. 

20200313_154447.jpg

On 3/13/2020 at 6:47 PM, falconsprint said:

for my Diablo 6.0 I built a 2x6 arm with some pads to sit on top the jack and lift the frame on each side near the front diff. Of course I have to drive the car onto ramps first to get the jack and arm underneath. 

20200313_154447.jpg

Nice