Murcielago tyres

Kipper

Hello Members, can someone please assist.

I understand that the tyre topic has been done to death but can someone please give me a simple direction on which tyres to install on my 02 Murci

Currently have original speedline wheels 18"  do not want to use Rosso tyres, (even though i can buy them i dont like them)

I am told that i cannot get Corse system tyres here in Australia? 

Option with change of wheels given to me is 255/35/19 front  &  345/30/19 Rear difference is 28.5mm roll out       Original combo is 29.5mm? roll out

I would like to retain the original 18" wheel if possible

If i have to go for different combination what roll out difference can i get away with using 4WD

Your suggestions will be appreciated

Kipper

Thanks Whiteout 

Really helpful i will work on this using 19 inch wheels, I think i can get a range of 

Cup2 tyres that will work this ratio

Thank you very much

Also can you confirm how much longer it will be before you will have 02 ignition coils ready to ship?

Kipper

• 2 months later...

I did the math to calculate the difference between the gearing of the front axle vs the rear axle. I came up with 7%. OEM tires have a difference of about 6% front to rear. From what I've seen, 4% difference is enough to cause damage on a long distance and/or high speed drive. As long as you end up with a 5-7% difference, you should be OK.

Side note, it seems like the latest version of the front Rosso is borderline too tall according to tire rack for my liking.  P ZERO CORSA SYSTEM specs are still spot on.

• 5 months later...
On 11/19/2020 at 2:20 PM, chucklehead said:

On a side note, the Pirelli P Zero Rosso tires in 18" are available through Tire Rack now. Just bought a set to keep for the future, driving with P Zero Corsa but they wear out fast.

For future use, how are you storing them? Not a bad idea to have an extra set on hand for sure! 

The items that age tires are UV light and heat cycles. So long as a tire has not had its FIRST heat cycle the aging process is very slow and tires can be stored for many years. The real acceleration of aging happens as tires heat and cool due to use (way more temperature variation than what is possible in storage). It is after the first heat cycle that the effective life of a tire is no more than 10 years. 

Regarding storage placing tires in black plastic bags to keep the UV light out and storing them in a dry place that never goes below freezing is fine. 

43 minutes ago, Nuvolari said:

The items that age tires are UV light and heat cycles. So long as a tire has not had its FIRST heat cycle the aging process is very slow and tires can be stored for many years. The real acceleration of aging happens as tires heat and cool due to use (way more temperature variation than what is possible in storage). It is after the first heat cycle that the effective life of a tire is no more than 10 years. 

Regarding storage placing tires in black plastic bags to keep the UV light out and storing them in a dry place that never goes below freezing is fine. 

Good to know, thanks for sharing! 

I can agree about about a 10 year life if care is taken.

FWIW, in my history I have had issue with tire shops not wanting to mount tires over 5 years old.