Best Tune for URUS

JohnLP560

What is the best tune for the URUS? 

I just ordered full novitec exhaust with sport cats for my URUS and looking for a tune.

What tunes have you guys done to your cars and would you recommend it?

Thanks 

21 hours ago, JohnLP560 said:

What is the best tune for the URUS? 

I just ordered full novitec exhaust with sport cats for my URUS and looking for a tune.

What tunes have you guys done to your cars and would you recommend it?

Thanks 

Call the guys at SP Engineering: https://www.sp-power.com/philosophy

They can probably guide you down the right path.

On 4/1/2020 at 8:48 PM, kinnsella said:

It's a VW group engine, I'm sure ABT could provide you with a solution. Not sure why you would need a tune on 640 HP SUV.  

Not sure a ton of guys on this forum are acting out of "need" on the car front.

• 3 months later...
On 4/9/2020 at 2:36 PM, ATL_ said:

Not sure a ton of guys on this forum are acting out of "need" on the car front.

:D

• 8 months later...

Reviving an old thread, but I'm interested to know what aftermarket tunes people are running on their Urus.

From what I've seen there is good gains to be had on this engine (circa 15% power increases, with torque up to around 1000 Nm), with a fair few tuners turning their attention to the current Audi RS6/RS7/RSQ8 which share the same powertrain and ECU.

Anyone running an aftermarket tune?  If so, which one and what are your thoughts?

I see that DMS Automotive offer one, not sure what others are available though.

lamborghini urus - DMS (dmsautomotive.com)

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/19/2021 at 4:48 AM, rhyno said:

VelocityAP, makes a full exhaust, downpipes and tune for the Urus!

Thanks for the suggestion rhyno.  I looked into VelocityAP but unfortunately they don't have a reseller nearby to me.

I have locked in the DMS Automotive tune which is getting applied tomorrow.  It'll be interesting to see how it feels post the upgrade - an extra 150 Nm is reasonably significant so I expect the power will hit quite a bit harder.

Try and vbox, dragy, etc it first so you can repeat after to see if the different power delivery feel actually translates to any real improvement. Or at least benchmark a speed at a set point on your favourite straight and repeat 

50-150 would probably be the best benchmark for real use. 

look forward to hearing how it goes. 

Well, the tune has been applied and I'm pretty impressed.

No 'hard data' to share with the group unfortunately (dynos, Dragy/VBOX times etc), but seat of the pants the car feels strong and is a proper weapon.  Pulls hard and at times you can really feel the tyres struggling to get the power to the road (even with the 23s!).  :aiwebs_011:

• 1 year later...
On 5/13/2021 at 12:03 PM, Alister said:

Well, the tune has been applied and I'm pretty impressed.

No 'hard data' to share with the group unfortunately (dynos, Dragy/VBOX times etc), but seat of the pants the car feels strong and is a proper weapon.  Pulls hard and at times you can really feel the tyres struggling to get the power to the road (even with the 23s!).  :aiwebs_011:

I thought I should post an update in relation to the DMS tune I had applied to the Urus last year for those that may have interest.  I've had a few drivability related concerns that I've been working through with the team at DMS in the UK - mainly in relation to how the car responds when getting back on the throttle after 'coasting' (for example after turning into a sidestreet or as you enter a roundabout).

I'm curious as to whether there is anyone else running the DMS tune on their Urus here as I'm told by DMS that they have done over 100 cars.  If you've got the DMS tune I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on how it behaves around town/in suburban settings.  Feel free to either post your thoughts/comments here or via PM to me if you would prefer.