Automobili Lamborghini Retools to Produce Masks and Protective Shields

Destructo

Sant’Agata Bolognese, 31 March 2020 – Automobili Lamborghini is converting departments of its super sports car production plant in Sant’Agata Bolognese in order to produce surgical masks and protective plexiglass shields. The masks will be donated to the Sant’Orsola-Malpighi Hospital in Bologna to be used in the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic.

559258.jpg

Work on this solidarity initiative will be carried out by personnel of the saddlery that produce the interiors and specialty customization for Lamborghini cars, producing 1,000 masks a day. The medical shields will be realized in 200 units a day, using 3D printers within the carbon fiber production plant and the Research and Development department.

559259.jpg

The activity has been approved and supported by the Emilia-Romagna Region, and is taking place in collaboration with the University of Bologna. The Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences will oversee validation testing of the medical devices made by Lamborghini, prior to their delivery to hospital.

559262.jpg

559264.jpg

Stefano Domenicali, Chairman and CEO of Automobili Lamborghini, comments: “During this emergency, we feel the need to make a concrete contribution. The S. Orsola-Malpighi Hospital is an institution with which we have had a collaborative relationship for years, through both professional consultancy in promoting programs to protect our workers’ health, and in research projects. We will win this battle together by working in union, supporting those who are at the forefront of fighting this pandemic every day.”

559265.jpg

559266.jpg

559268.jpg

As a sign of unity and support for the entire nation facing the Coronavirus emergency, every evening Lamborghini lights up the historic headquarter buildings in Sant’Agata Bolognese, with the colors of the Italian flag.

559260.jpg

559263.jpg

559261.jpg

I love to see private enterprise really stepping into this and making solutions faster than any of the government entities. Humans can do some incredible things! 

Amen to that Destructo.  Good to see them step up to the plate of their own accord. Several other car companies did the same too.  We'll get through this too for sure.

On 4/2/2020 at 2:41 PM, DoctaM3 said:

Amen to that Destructo.  Good to see them step up to the plate of their own accord. Several other car companies did the same too.  We'll get through this too for sure.

Hey Docta, would you sport a mask with a Lamborghini tag? You probably already know my answer.

It is great to see companies arising to the occasion.

2 hours ago, Livethedream said:

Hey Docta, would you sport a mask with a Lamborghini tag? You probably already know my answer.

It is great to see companies arising to the occasion.

Hands down yes--why not? There are tons of tags or stickers from other companies so why not.  I'd use it when I could.