SVJ63 Roadster color and options !

alpha6164

Hey guys my dealer sent me the price and options list for the SVJ63 Roadster.  So I had a question.  The MSRP is $710k which is roughly $130-140k over the standard SVJ roadster.   Now with the 63 it does come with many things that you would have to pay extra for starting from base assuming you wanted those options and of course the exposed CF in areas that are not even options on the standard SVJ and only 20 coming to the states.  

what makes no sense is that there are 8 configurations of color schemes that it comes with you can choose from for free and many of them are expensive colors one would pay if you were speccing from a standard car.  

I want blu cepheus which is not one of the FREE options.  What makes no sense is that Viola Parsifae is free for this 63 package and that color on its own is a $14-16k option to begin with.  To me it makes no sense that they have to paint a bare car anyways and they say I still have to pay the Blu cepheus up charge if I want to change it.  It’s not like they have to strip a car to repaint it.  Does this make sense ? 

Don't try to make sense of it. If you got a 63 allocation, congrats! Just do it and enjoy the car.

1 hour ago, DoctaM3 said:

Don't try to make sense of it. If you got a 63 allocation, congrats! Just do it and enjoy the car.

Thank you. Yes the 63 roadster is confirmed and I was supposed to go to Italy March 25th to spec it out and of course the rest is history.  

I am just a little ticked I guess cause at first they said the “63” will be $100k over the standard roadster which was fine. So not only it’s $140k more but you can’t change one premium color for another premium color.  $14k is still $14k to pay on top to change from let’s say Viola Parsifae to Blu Cepheus.   It almost makes me want to just stick with VP lol 

Lol, typical Lamborghini. It's like Blu Nila which  is a free paint option on the SVJ but yet if you want it on the AV S it's like $5k, want it on the Huracan and it's $15k+.

Btw, the SVJ63 order guide has pre-configurations for the SVJ? Do you mind sharing it?

46 minutes ago, sl55 said:

Lol, typical Lamborghini. It's like Blu Nila which  is a free paint option on the SVJ but yet if you want it on the AV S it's like $5k, want it on the Huracan and it's $15k+.

Btw, the SVJ63 order guide has pre-configurations for the SVJ? Do you mind sharing it?

No the entire guide is labeled for “SVJ63 Roadster” so it shows nothing of the other cars and what is included or not.  

AP int upgrade was $12k for some bits of colored leather they already had - nothing makes sense dude. 

If I were doing it again I would just do a true 1 off color - something pearl / chameleon like that color flips. 

Lambo charges you because they can and they will (or they did).  Here's another ludicrous example on the "63" models: one would think that since the entire top is basically CF, the CF engine brace would come as standard too?  Nope, it's an option with additional charge!  :eusa_wall: 

Lambo gives you very limited basic colour choices along with 6 suggested config.  Almost anything outside of that is Ad Personam which means upcharges. 

Not sure if this makes sense but unlike the Huracan which comes pre-painted, all AV's body paint are outsourced.  Perhaps the basic colours + the 6 suggested config. are "stocked paint" and everything else has to be custom mixed individually and hence the extra charges? 

VCR, I did not know about the x brace.  Damn.  What’s your thought in middle of all this crap? I certainly am not buying this car for any investment purposes but just wondering if during this recession coming if dropping $750k+ makes sense lol  or the 63 or the 20 of them coming to the states is rare enough 

the thing is that matte colors are pretty expensive regularly  and like 2/3 of the free  color options are matte for the 63.   So it’s not like they are cheapening out.  It’s not like they are making thousands of 63s.   I am sure each one is painted individually so to switch out one premium color vs the other should not an issue.    

Honestly i think you're fcuking batshit (pun intended - Corona) to take delivery and spend that dough when you can have an SVJ for what, 200k less?

1 hour ago, LA_Brit said:

Honestly i think you're fcuking batshit (pun intended - Corona) to take delivery and spend that dough when you can have an SVJ for what, 200k less?

If you can find me an SVJ roadster for $550k i am in lol.   You are talking about coupe and the experience is not even close for those two. The roadsters for sure will be way way more desirable.  

I think lol

11 hours ago, alpha6164 said:

VCR, I did not know about the x brace.  Damn.  What’s your thought in middle of all this crap? I certainly am not buying this car for any investment purposes but just wondering if during this recession coming if dropping $750k+ makes sense lol  or the 63 or the 20 of them coming to the states is rare enough 

the thing is that matte colors are pretty expensive regularly  and like 2/3 of the free  color options are matte for the 63.   So it’s not like they are cheapening out.  It’s not like they are making thousands of 63s.   I am sure each one is painted individually so to switch out one premium color vs the other should not an issue.    

alpha6164, Yes, I griped about the X brace with my Lambo dealer.  They ended up asking the factory and showed me the reply confirming that it is an option! :icon_rolleyes:

My thoughts?  I fully concur that this car is not for any investment purpose.  Some may disagree but IMO, none of the modern Lamborghini's are; not even the Veneno, Centenario or Sian.  Consider the initial deposit, the installments, the time required for the delivery and the final costs.  Apply those conditions to real estates and the rationale is obvious.  Heck, apply the same to some high-end Patek Philippe and even that makes more sense!  To wit, one can put away half a dozen of Patek's with ease; try that for cars!  These bulls to me had always been toys for the big boys.  One cannot apply pragmatism and practicality to them.  I was invited to the private showing and offered the Centenario and Sian.  I turned them down as they weren't my cup of tea and they weren't and still aren't worth what they really are.  The piggy bank for "toy funds" are exactly that: I set my mind on a certain toy, if the piggy is full enough, it's done; if it isn't, I walk.  I rarely change my mind.  Although ironically, the SVJ63 roadster is an exception but in a good way.  I ordered a SVJ63 coupe with the condition that if a SVJ63 roadster becomes available, I have the option to switch to a roadster instead.  And piggy was readied for the switch from day 1.  Rarity surely plays a role at this level of the game.  And subject to one's location, perhaps exclusivity is guaranteed.  Where I am at, the combined total of 63coupes & 63roadsters nationwide would be in the low-teens and the 63roadsters would definitely be in single-digit.  So that's a bonus I guess. :icon_mrgreen:

Agree on the colour rationale.  But again, common sense is non-existence.  Take the interior for instance, I highly doubt they pre-cut the popular colour leather in volume.  So whether it's mono-colour, bi-colour or multi-colour, the labour involved is identical.  And it isn't custom dyed-colours either; just different combo with existing leather.  At most, they just have to generate an extra line or two on the build sheet specifying the colour combo.  They charge you simply because they can! 

I was extremely lucky as I visited the factory to spec out mine near the end of January.  A week after I left, Italy had its first case of COVID-19!  Although we were in midst of fine-tuning a few details when the factory shut down.  So I likely won't see the car until 3rd or even 4th quarter of this year.  It'll likely be a MY2021.

4 hours ago, LA_Brit said:

3 hours ago, alpha6164 said:

If you can find me an SVJ roadster for $550k i am in lol.   You are talking about coupe and the experience is not even close for those two. The roadsters for sure will be way way more desirable.  

I think lol

LA Brit my friend, you are technically correct.  But all SVJ's had been spoken for and those who intend to flip them for a good profit are doing exactly that.  Even though the final sum is likely less than a 63, why pay a premium on something that isn't exactly what one wants?  Exclusivity would overrule practicality and common sense 99% of the time.  Otherwise, Rolls Royce would have gone under decades ago. :icon_mrgreen:  Now, with COVID-19, is it possible that those doing the flipping may get cold feet and there might be some deals to be had?  Perhaps and perhaps not.  But regardless it's still a car that had been spec'd by someone else. 

The roadster, IMO, take the AV to another level.  With due respect to all the Murci roadster owners, the top on the AV roadster is a quantum leap from the Murci's toupee!  Those unfamiliar with the AV roadster likely wouldn't know it's a topless car if it weren't revealed to them.  There is no compromise in the structural integrity and the performance isn't handicapped either.  There is also one bonus from the roadster that even the coupe cannot match: built into the firewall between the cabin and the engine bay is a small inverted-trapezoid power window.  So with the roof panels on and all windows closed, the roadster feels and sounds just like the coupe (with the exception of the missing very tiny side quarter windows that serve no real purpose).  But press a button and the small inverted-trapezoid window is lowered and you can hear the V12 loud and clear while still enjoying the perfectly insulated and air-conditioned cabin along with the music of your choice.  That is rather sublime.  The coupe is deprived of that as it only has a piece of sealed glass.     

A, how many 63's are coming to Canada?  From what I've seen posted online Toronto got 1 coupe, Montreal 1 and Vancouver/Calgary is getting 1? I'm thinking the same amount of roadsters.

9 minutes ago, sl55 said:

A, how many 63's are coming to Canada?  From what I've seen posted online Toronto got 1 coupe, Montreal 1 and Vancouver/Calgary is getting 1? I'm thinking the same amount of roadsters.

90% sure that the numbers of the 63's had changed.  Toronto might be getting 2 coupes + 1 roadster; Montreal 1 of each; Calgary 1 of each & Vancouver 1 roadster only (no coupe).  While I was at the factory, all of the AV's being built and finished building were all SVJ's; there was no S and no SVJ63's at all.  And now with production halted, perhaps the numbers may change again.  Come to think of it, with a global recession almost guaranteed, I wonder if the SVJ63 (coupe & roadster) would have the same fate as the Murci 670SV.  I.e. actual total number built falling short of the total number announced.  But wouldn't launching a brand new replacement model just as risky if not more so in challenging times?  Although the AV-series is getting long in the tooth and Lambo likely pulled every trick in the book that VAG allowed already in order to maximize the AV's lifespan (save the track-only SVR, but that could be on shaky ground too). 

On 4/16/2020 at 7:34 PM, VCR said:

LA Brit my friend, you are technically correct.  But all SVJ's had been spoken for and those who intend to flip them for a good profit are doing exactly that.  Even though the final sum is likely less than a 63, why pay a premium on something that isn't exactly what one wants?  Exclusivity would overrule practicality and common sense 99% of the time.  Otherwise, Rolls Royce would have gone under decades ago. :icon_mrgreen:  Now, with COVID-19, is it possible that those doing the flipping may get cold feet and there might be some deals to be had?  Perhaps and perhaps not.  But regardless it's still a car that had been spec'd by someone else. 

The roadster, IMO, take the AV to another level.  With due respect to all the Murci roadster owners, the top on the AV roadster is a quantum leap from the Murci's toupee!  Those unfamiliar with the AV roadster likely wouldn't know it's a topless car if it weren't revealed to them.  There is no compromise in the structural integrity and the performance isn't handicapped either.  There is also one bonus from the roadster that even the coupe cannot match: built into the firewall between the cabin and the engine bay is a small inverted-trapezoid power window.  So with the roof panels on and all windows closed, the roadster feels and sounds just like the coupe (with the exception of the missing very tiny side quarter windows that serve no real purpose).  But press a button and the small inverted-trapezoid window is lowered and you can hear the V12 loud and clear while still enjoying the perfectly insulated and air-conditioned cabin along with the music of your choice.  That is rather sublime.  The coupe is deprived of that as it only has a piece of sealed glass.     

Enjoy it mate!

3 hours ago, LA_Brit said:

Enjoy it mate!

Thank you very much my friend! :turboalex:  Probably won't see it for at least another half-a-year though.