Huracan STO Render?

DoctaM3

The rumors still continue about the track only Huracan STO   Someone took at stab at it. I doubt this is leaked “official” but I like it either way. What do you think?

F38771DF-2486-4049-B894-BBCC3F66D034.jpeg

Never mind, just found out this was a render from our very own LamboCars. Hadn’t seen it before. I’d go for it as a street car though. 

STO will look like the GT3 EVO race car and I've heard will actually share parts with the race car. 

Are we sure that the STO is track-only?  I've actually heard otherwise --- the STO is road legal; similar to the Gallardo LP570 STS or the LP570 Squadra Corse.

The track-only car is actually the Aventador SVR (or whatever it'll be called if it makes production).  Think of it as Lamborghini's version of the Ferrari FXX program.

I heard road legal but so extreme track setup you wouldn't want to use it on the road, a bit like a radical i guess.  

Nothing definitive though so could be track only. Road car seems more likely though logically as you could just buy the proper race car for track only.
Could be they have made it useable enough to not need a team to run it for the drive there and back track goers that most people fit. 

STS and squadra corsa were track focused road cars, bit of different styling and setup but essentially the same thing to the normal car, this is apparently not that and really is a track car. 

5 hours ago, topjay said:

I heard road legal but so extreme track setup you wouldn't want to use it on the road, a bit like a radical i guess.  

Nothing definitive though so could be track only. Road car seems more likely though logically as you could just buy the proper race car for track only.
Could be they have made it useable enough to not need a team to run it for the drive there and back track goers that most people fit. 

STS and squadra corsa were track focused road cars, bit of different styling and setup but essentially the same thing to the normal car, this is apparently not that and really is a track car. 

The STS is still my all-time favorite Gallardo variant, what a unicorn!

Have to agree, actually rare and still holds its own amongst the new stuff, was on a tour a couple of years ago and remember thinking what a great car. 
They got cheap for a while as well, really wish I had bought one as it must end up as a classic. 

472C8398-11E5-4DD7-A483-40677BBB58C5.jpeg

1 minute ago, topjay said:

Have to agree, actually rare and still holds its own amongst the new stuff, was on a tour a couple of years ago and remember thinking what a great car. 
They got cheap for a while as well, really wish I had bought one as it must end up as a classic. 

472C8398-11E5-4DD7-A483-40677BBB58C5.jpeg

What a grouping!

I suspect things are going to drop again soon, but that's nothing more than speculation.

Ideally an STS would end up in my garage, but I'd be more than happy with a Performante Spyder and some light aftermarket touches to make it close to an open-top STS improved.

Funny story or Maybe not day 1 of that tour cars had been shipped and centenario was in underground car park, owner picks it up to drive it for the first time and turns out exit is a lot more tricky than entrance !

ends up in a 50 point manoeuvre with 40 owners and 40 passengers standing watching and giving directions, he got it out with mm to spare either side and got a big round of applause, I’ll see if i can dig the video out sometime 

16 minutes ago, topjay said:

Funny story or Maybe not day 1 of that tour cars had been shipped and centenario was in underground car park, owner picks it up to drive it for the first time and turns out exit is a lot more tricky than entrance !

ends up in a 50 point manoeuvre with 40 owners and 40 passengers standing watching and giving directions, he got it out with mm to spare either side and got a big round of applause, I’ll see if i can dig the video out sometime 

Please do! That would be a crazy near panic-inducing experience.

I was spotter for a guy parking his F40 in Monterey at our hotel one day, I wasn't even driving, but was nervous for him. He didn't want to curb rash the front bumper on the cement blocks :lol2: 

It was a success thankfully!

I really like this rendering Lambocars made:

http://lambocars.com/images/lambonews/2020_huracan_sto.jpg

But in reality it will look like this, except with a bit different spoiler and flatter front and rear bumper:

https://squadracorse.lamborghini.com/sites/lamborghinisc/files/dam/car/super%20trofeo/Huracan-ST-evo_header.jpg

5 hours ago, Destructo said:

The STS is still my all-time favorite Gallardo variant, what a unicorn!

I agree.  Destined to be in my garage at some point. Love the STS over the SC even though it was the last of the Gallardo line.

17 hours ago, VCR said:

Are we sure that the STO is track-only?  I've actually heard otherwise --- the STO is road legal; similar to the Gallardo LP570 STS or the LP570 Squadra Corse.

The track-only car is actually the Aventador SVR (or whatever it'll be called if it makes production).  Think of it as Lamborghini's version of the Ferrari FXX program.

It's street legal. At first it was rumoured to be number limited but from what I heard now it's going to have a similar production run like the HP.

23 hours ago, sl55 said:

It's street legal. At first it was rumoured to be number limited but from what I heard now it's going to have a similar production run like the HP.

Good to know that it is street legal.

Technically, it’s still “limited” per se.  I.e. it’s a “limited production” series as opposed to “limited edition” where a finite quantity has been set.  It’s all just semantics of course...

The SL was a great series.  The first one was more raw than the 2nd one but the e-gear on the 2nd one was far better.  I also agree that the STS is likely the best of the entire Gallardo series.

On 4/17/2020 at 5:19 PM, sl55 said:

The Gallardo SL has grown on me as well.  Actually have my eye on this one;

https://www.autotrader.ca/a/lamborghini/gallardo/oakville/ontario/5_47779040_20170518142427243?showcpo=ShowCpo&ncse=no&orup=14_44_44&sprx=-1

Can't see these dropping much more and still has a road presence.

And at that price, spending a few extra for mods (exhaust, tune and anything else really) wont put you upside down in one that is exactly how you'd want it.