Urus Exhaust Valve

JohnLP560

Does going through the modes (strada/sport/corsa) actually make the exhaust louder?

I noticed when I start the car during cold start and I switch through the mode, the only thing that gets louder is the cabin with the synthetic sound. 

Outside the car the sound stays the same during the cold start? 

Don’t know the answer but on a lot of cars they need to be warm before valves will open in different modes. Think it’s something to do with back pressure and warming the cats up more uniformly and quicker. 

Most valves run off of vacuum, so they are open when the engine is off and don't close until the intake builds a certain amount of vacuum pressure. 

On the Urus, the sound difference between open/closed valves is very noticeable outside. 

22 hours ago, whiteout said:

Most valves run off of vacuum, so they are open when the engine is off and don't close until the intake builds a certain amount of vacuum pressure. 

On the Urus, the sound difference between open/closed valves is very noticeable outside. 

On the Urus, I believe the valves are actually electronically controlled. 

On 4/18/2020 at 2:42 PM, topjay said:

Yep looks like its a motorised valve so start position is computer controlled I guess

9EFAF5B3-AF55-4ADE-B071-1CFAF8896666.jpeg

yeah thats what it looked like when the installer was taking off the stock exhaust. Thanks for posting that.