Diablo 6.0 Oil Lines

camaro97

Most hydraulic shops have everything on site to make identical replacements. They can custom bend everything, put fittings on, and crimp hoses on that are good to well over what is needed. If you doubt their reliability just keep in mind the same shops make high pressure hoses and fittings (5000psi+) for forklifts, construction, and industrial equipment far more expensive than a Diablo. I've had plenty of similar hoses and fittings made at shops across the Midwest without any issues. Just bring in the entire assembly for them to measure and copy. Some even offer mobile service where they can come out and make the hoses on site.

21 hours ago, AudiBull said:

Most hydraulic shops have everything on site to make identical replacements. They can custom bend everything, put fittings on, and crimp hoses on that are good to well over what is needed. If you doubt their reliability just keep in mind the same shops make high pressure hoses and fittings (5000psi+) for forklifts, construction, and industrial equipment far more expensive than a Diablo. I've had plenty of similar hoses and fittings made at shops across the Midwest without any issues. Just bring in the entire assembly for them to measure and copy. Some even offer mobile service where they can come out and make the hoses on site.

Bingo! Probably cheaper and far superior quality as well. 

• 1 month later...

I used a Dremel tool and cut the crimps off. I made sure to take lots of pictures of all the fitting orientations before cutting! Is there a recommendation on what I can do to get the fittings all cleaned up and shiny again? Brake cleaner got off a lot of the stuff. Thinking about using oven cleaner to remove the char but not sure if that's a good option.

IMG_20200522_150538.jpg

Wondering if you could soak them in a 50/50 mixture of CLR and water? It's not terribly aggressive at that mixture, but it might help clean things up without going aggressive on the chemicals and degrade the integrity of the metal. 

• 2 months later...

So, here's where things are in brevity. My car has been at Steve's since Feb 2020. He tried ordering 001535965 and 001535966 once he saw they needed to be replaced. They ended up both as DISCONTINUED.

I cut off the crimps and had the fittings zinc plated locally.

IMG_20200604_163302_a.jpg

I also cut off the SS braid on a hose to identify the hose and it was labeled with Manuli DN 19. After digging into Manuli (https://www.manuli-hydraulics.com/), I am confident they are the OEM manufacturer of the fittings and hose assembly. The catalog of various fittings and other pictures I have found online tell me they are likely the right place.

IMG_20200522_155344_a.jpg

Once I found that information, I contacted an authorized distributor for Manuli parts in the USA. I found company REMOVED. I talked with one of their managers about sending the fittings to have them rebuild the hoses for me using quality parts. I explained these fittings are no longer made and are unobtanium. I send the fittings, the ferrules I cut off, and the original hoses so they can measure to the same length of hose! I marked up the fittings with alignment marks and provided multiple pictures to the company.

Fast forward a few weeks and Steve at Driven Exotics sends me pictures. The hoses were not made to the correct length (I provided the original hoses) and the ferrules were the wrong size (too long). The hoses were a little over 2" too long and would not fit without kinking the hose. So, we decide to cut the ferrules off and start over. Steve cut's off the first crimp and finds the fittings are SIGNIFICANTLY overcrmped. Overcrimped to the point of flattening the barbs and decreased the diameter of the fitting (reducing oil flow if ever actually used). The ID of the DN19 hose is about 0.75 inches. The diameter of the fitting was about 0.755 inches (I measured everything before sending off).

IMG_20200806_083800_a.jpg

When I contacted the company about the issues, I was told to send the fittings back so they could recrimp them. I told them and provided pictures that the fittings are no longer usable as they have been completely CRUSHED! They haven't done anything to make this right, and I'm not sure what path to pursue.

At this point, I feel completely f*****. Steve and I have pursued every possible place to find new or used parts. I recently contacted Polo Storico and had multiple email exchanges. Polo Storico told me to contact a factory authorized Lamborghini dealership and they can help me get the parts. There isn't one near me, so I called REMOVED. I was told by the dealership that 001535965 was discontinued and there was nothing they could do to help me. I was able to purchase 001535966 but it is on 2-3 month back-order ... but not sure if I will actually get the part. I reached back to Polo Storico about 001535965 and have not heard back.

So, I have no path forward. My car just sits and I'm missing out enjoying it with my kids.

I have thought about trying to get Manuli fittings that have the same barb end so I can cut off my broken ones and weld on new ones ...

I welcome help, suggestions, and input :)

Here's a picture of the end of the fitting ... the company asked me to send back so they can be recrimped with the correct length hose ...

IMG_20200803_173717.jpg

Just find a local hydraulic hose company to remake them. That won't solve your damaged fitting problem though unfortunately. I own a Mercedes repair shop and we service a lot of 50's-80's Mercedes. Oil and power steering hoses leak all the time and are frequently discontinued so we just have them remade locally for a fraction of the price utilizing the existing fittings. Never had an issue. There is also no reason the entire line and fittings couldn't be custom fabricated, obviously at a higher price point. 

I have contacted MULTIPLE places all over the USA and not a single place can make new fittings.

I contacted Manuli directly and was provided with a place in the USA. Called them and was told they cannot make the fittings.

I'm at a loss ...

On 8/18/2020 at 12:30 PM, camaro97 said:

I have contacted MULTIPLE places all over the USA and not a single place can make new fittings.

I contacted Manuli directly and was provided with a place in the USA. Called them and was told they cannot make the fittings.

I'm at a loss ...

Would the guys over at Russell be able to help? 

http://russellperformance.com/

It's a fitting company owned and operated by Edelbrock Performance. I've toured the facilities in CA, it's top-notch. Maybe check in with them. If you needed something made, I feel like they could do it (if they don't have a comp.) 

• 2 weeks later...

There are shops all over the country that build/fabricate cars and machinery from the ground up. Guarantee plenty of shops could easily fab something that would work just fine. May cost a few thousand dollars but it is better than sitting there looking at a car that can't run or drive. Get on the phone and make some calls

On 8/19/2020 at 12:49 PM, Destructo said:

Would the guys over at Russell be able to help? 

http://russellperformance.com/

It's a fitting company owned and operated by Edelbrock Performance. I've toured the facilities in CA, it's top-notch. Maybe check in with them. If you needed something made, I feel like they could do it (if they don't have a comp.) 

Thanks! I'll ping them.

24 minutes ago, jtrump said:

There are shops all over the country that build/fabricate cars and machinery from the ground up. Guarantee plenty of shops could easily fab something that would work just fine. May cost a few thousand dollars but it is better than sitting there looking at a car that can't run or drive. Get on the phone and make some calls

I have talked on the phone and emailed about a dozen companies now all over the US (and abroad). I have provided plenty of pictures and details of what I need. "Sorry, cannot help you." is the story I keep hearing.

8 minutes ago, AudiBull said:

This type of place is where you need to be calling. Tons of them out there.

Thanks! I emailed the company. I must be using all the wrong search terms ...

16 hours ago, camaro97 said:

Thanks! I emailed the company. I must be using all the wrong search terms ...

I emailed pictures and talked to the company on the phone. "Sorry, cannot help you make these."

3 hours ago, falconsprint said:

Find a salvage car being parted out. You've probably thought of this..., but maybe these forums will give you a lead on a car.

Thanks for the suggestion! I've tracked down a few cars being parted out. The oil lines were already sold :(

• 2 weeks later...

I am in talks with a US based OEM manufacturer to fabricate these two oil lines from scratch using all new materials. The hose would be teflon/SS instead of rubber/SS. Currently in process to have everything quoted (e.g., initial setup costs and per hose cost). I will have to purchase a minimum quantity of 10 hoses. Price for both hoses was estimated  to be less than original cost of $750 for both hoses, but I will not know until officially quoted for setup and minimum order quantities. From my understanding, these two hoses were used on every model Diablo except the SE30.

If all goes well and we proceed to manufacturing, I will have one set made first and tested on my car before having the rest made.

Is anyone interested in a pair of hoses?

For future reference ... not sure which source of information is correct. I was told the end fittings are identical between the part numbers for the each of the two long hose parts and for each of the two short hose parts. Bullstuff.com shows broader applicability for 001535965 and 001535966.

According to scuderiacarparts.com and eurospares.co.uk …

• Long Hose
    • 001531828 - Diablo (1990-1998), Diablo VT (1993-1998)
    • 001535965 - Diablo SV (1998), Diablo SV (1999), Diablo VT 6.0 (2000-2001), Diablo VT Roadster (1998-2000)
  • Short Hose
    • 001531858 - Diablo (1990-1998), Diablo VT (1993-1998)
    • 001535966 - Diablo SV (1998), Diablo SV (1999), Diablo VT 6.0 (2000-2001), Diablo VT Roadster (1998-2000)

According to bullstuff.com ...

• Long Hose
    • 001531828 - Diablo 2WD, Diablo VT
    • 001535965 - Diablo 2WD-4WD, Diablo 6.0, Diablo Roadster, Diablo SV, Diablo VT Supplement
  • Short Hose
    • 001531858 - Diablo 2WD, Diablo VT
    • 001535966 - Diablo 2WD-4WD, Diablo 6.0, Diablo Roadster, Diablo SV, Diablo VT Supplement