Diablo 6.0 and 02-03 Murcielago coil packs

I have found a great upgrade and lifetime warranty coil packs for the 6.0 Diablo and early Murcielago that others on this site and eBay pass off as their own and give no warranty. NAPA in the U.S. sell these coils for our cars. They are only $60 each and carry a LIFETIME warranty through them. And best of all, you can go to your local supplier or order online quickly with no wait. They are part #IC634. I have put them in my car and compared them with a certain WIPEOUT “upgraded“ coils and these are the identical ones used and those coils through that person are not warrantied.  LIFETIME WARRANTY with these!

image.jpg

67616D33-830E-4B2E-8C6F-B7071F9E05C9.jpeg

9767443E-25EB-46D8-B971-6B3C9794BC65.jpeg

I'm happy that more information like this is coming out for our cars. The more this information is shared and in the open...the better it is for the community.

A guy named Robert on the Facebook Murci group found this cross-referenced NGK coil using a google search that's 25% less:

https://www.sparkplugs.com/product.aspx?zpid=46964&fbclid=IwAR3f7qH-NX1xTnq0eWolYUozzwLEe3FDeanOEuwKKHNaRFf7k79U5lXSO4I

And I found those same NGK coils for an additional 10% less on Rock Auto:

https://www.rockauto.com/en/parts/ngk,48870,ignition+coil,7060

On a 6.0 (same on Murci?) the coil is held to the valve cover with a U-shaped clip. From the pictures it looks like the extra tab on these coils will interfere with clip. Has anyone tried installing these yet? Did you grind off the extra plastic on these coils? Do the coils have a groove to accept the clip?

Of course knockoff coils are going to be the cheapest option. I only use OEM coils when making mine and after dealing with these coils for nearly a decade, the only place to get genuine coils without fear of knockoff is to go to the dealer at which point, the cost I charge to make these work on the V12 Lambo and match the original coils is quite reasonable. Love the "WIPEOUT" reference though.

Napa parts are trash and don't belong on a car of this caliber. I don't know any of the parties involved in selling any of these parts but I do own a high end auto repair shop and would never use Napa parts on anything other than a lawnmower or 1990s Honda. While the coils may appear the "same" as OEM they are not. 

"Knockoffs," LOL!

Are you both saying that Lamborghini makes their own coils in their little factory in Italy?? Ridiculous.

Have you noticed how many owners of early Murci's have had to have their "factory" coils replaced after a fraction of the mileage that coils last on other engines? Maybe the ones that Lamborghini chose off the parts bin weren't the best ones, so I am not sure I would want the exact OEM coils.

What's your warranty, Nick? And if it's not lifetime, why not, if they are so much better than Napa coils?

A great find, I spend two weeks trying to cross reference the code number on them in the UK and came up with nothing, in the end i bought 12 from Lamborghini they came with "Champion" written on them. Lamborghini do not make coils, they will buy them in from the cheapest supplier they can and then mark  them up accordingly, they have done for years.

But i would not knock Whiteout or anybody else that has tried to offer an alternative to the over priced Lamborghini offerings. 

14 hours ago, Stimpy said:

"Knockoffs," LOL!

Are you both saying that Lamborghini makes their own coils in their little factory in Italy?? Ridiculous.

Have you noticed how many owners of early Murci's have had to have their "factory" coils replaced after a fraction of the mileage that coils last on other engines? Maybe the ones that Lamborghini chose off the parts bin weren't the best ones, so I am not sure I would want the exact OEM coils.

What's your warranty, Nick? And if it's not lifetime, why not, if they are so much better than Napa coils?

NAPA parts are not OEM, they are knock-offs, this is not news. Magneti Marelli made the OEM for the 6.0 & 02/03. 

I've found that most coils, including the various VW units on '04+ & '07+ don't last much longer than 15-20k miles on a Murci before they start to under perform.

Go re-read my post for why mine are better than NAPA, it was clear. 

16 hours ago, Stimpy said:

"Knockoffs," LOL!

I absolutely never said that, no vehicle manufacturer makes their own coils.

17 hours ago, whiteout said:

NAPA parts are not OEM, they are knock-offs, this is not news. Magneti Marelli made the OEM for the 6.0 & 02/03. 

I've found that most coils, including the various VW units on '04+ & '07+ don't last much longer than 15-20k miles on a Murci before they start to under perform.

Go re-read my post for why mine are better than NAPA, it was clear. 

They may well have been MM originally, but they sold me Champion Branded ones last year.