Rash of Car Raffles?!

Destructo

Anyone else notice a large quantity of raffles for cars in the automotive community as of late? 

I've seen one on Motor1.com, Obsessed Garage, Speed Society, et. al. I get that sponsors probably cover cost of parts and a donor vehicle, but they can't be making money on it can they?

Someone smarter than me please explain lol.

I speculate it has something to do with donations and tax write-offs and trying to get to a lower tax bracket, but that's all I can think of. 

Anyone else notice these?

I dont keep track of any except Speed Society. But SS is always giving away something. I wondered how it makes sense too. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure it's a wild money maker, but it's a hell of a marketing tool to drive traffic and generate sales at the retail level. 

On 6/5/2020 at 11:43 AM, emanon said:

I'm not sure it's a wild money maker, but it's a hell of a marketing tool to drive traffic and generate sales at the retail level. 

I suppose that makes sense. It never really struck a chord with me, but i suppose I'm not thinking more than face value at it.