Lamborghini Urus vs. Audi RS6 Avant - Drag Race

Interesting all the previous runs I've seen with the model before (Performance version) it was faster than urus. 

modified they are seriously rapid in a straight line though, like for like hp they are faster than aventadors, which is basically a map and exhaust.   Have had a few runs with them in various states of tune. Braking and cornering is a Different league though. 

I had taken for a hot lap in the Urus. Honestly, there is a disconnect between my expectation and what this super SUV does.  It is INSANELY fast--faster than the Porsche Cayenne Turbo S, faster than anything else I have driven in its category (stock of course). I am not sure how they did it but they have some sauce in the Urus for sure. My friends in Europe who have played with both the Urus and RSQ8 say the Urus still beats it--so although the Audi is a cheaper Urus look a like, performance wise, they are not comparable. One of my next daily driver was the RS6 Avant since driving a Lamborghini to work, well, probably wouldn't go over well. Audi is more under the radar. 

3 hours ago, DoctaM3 said:

I had taken for a hot lap in the Urus. Honestly, there is a disconnect between my expectation and what this super SUV does.  It is INSANELY fast--faster than the Porsche Cayenne Turbo S, faster than anything else I have driven in its category (stock of course). I am not sure how they did it but they have some sauce in the Urus for sure. My friends in Europe who have played with both the Urus and RSQ8 say the Urus still beats it--so although the Audi is a cheaper Urus look a like, performance wise, they are not comparable. One of my next daily driver was the RS6 Avant since driving a Lamborghini to work, well, probably wouldn't go over well. Audi is more under the radar. 

That's the thing I love about the Audi. It's far less noticeable as a financial marker to the general public. The Urus is bonkers and would be a fun ride, but if I had to have only one Lamborghini in the stable for a "fun" car, i'd be going with one of the cars over the SUV, despite it being very capable and a high performance vehicle. The tide has been turning against public displays of wealth the past few years and it seems to be getting worse faster lately. It makes one think for sure.