SVJ63 Roadster specs in ; Need input please !

alpha6164

Just got t ge FB rendering for my SVJ63 roadster.   Here is what I had asked for 

-Blu Cepheus, yellow accent, shiny carbon, bronze wheels.  

-The yellow I had in mind was Giallo Orion which is bright but they chose Giallo Evros. Seems more gold to me which I don’t like.   

-There is way too much blue inside, not sure if I am feeling it   I think black and yellow interior would be better    

-Currently only the horizontal edge of the wing has the yellow trim and I wonder if it would look better with it going all around the wing 

-want to add a yellow trim edge to where the tops come to gather which would create a thin double yellow line like rendering posted   

Would love to hear your inputs 

39AA26CF-09DF-4909-953D-D9D3DEF9E0BC.jpeg

BA4A78E6-1667-46F9-9BC0-388DB48CFDC7.jpeg

81945B01-0E47-4C1C-AAA0-191F387B7611.jpeg

47DE2EEA-DB59-4A7C-B80E-2B23B5E8C8BB.jpeg

476E732C-F378-471E-ACC1-9CA66ED54222.jpeg

4BE7CA69-BC42-45FB-9FBD-498B8A7A2A03.jpeg

E3AC3579-A2C6-428F-AD3D-576247157D83.jpeg

I like it, but may agree on the interior, just a LITTLE too much blue, but i still like it.  Giallo Evros is bright in person if i am correct.  Its just Fly yellow, so non metallic i believe.   Seems like this is going to be a pretty epic car once completed.  Congrats! 

Can they just get you the rendering in what you asked for? I'm curious why they wouldn't give you that.

In regard to thoughts, agreed on the interior blue being too much. I'd worry about staining and wear with a lighter color, but that's me. I love the exterior color, probably not a gold choice for my tastes, but in all honesty, this car is going to be great! Congratulations!

Giallo orion is quite dark as well if you want a brighter yellow tenerife or paride are much more to that end. 

its a personal thing, so however you like it, for me there is a bit too much blue on the seat centre and dash maybe one or the other, but on a roadster it can probably handle more than a coupe with the roof off. 

maybe same but black seat back with the hex in blue 

My honest opinion mate is that this needs a lot of changes as is - there's way too much going on IMO on the exterior where it looks disjointed and some of the interior detail needs more consideration.

Take it with a pinch of salt but this is what i would do:

Exterior:

The livery looks way off - giallo like you said would look better.

Axe the 63 on the front hood. 

Brake Calipers to match the livery

Consider changing the A Pillar to body color.

Rear deck lid and upper intakes need to be body color IMO - not enough blue on the exterior with all the dark carbon accents.

Move SVJ logo back to the fender

Rims: Need to be bright gold, not bronze. Center locks match livery.

Wing should have pinstripes along the outer edges on the side view.

Interior:

All alcantara seats, not a mix of leather.

I'd invert the seats as they are now - blue on outer AND inner bolsters, black insert with giallo stripe and stitching.

Behind seats - All blue with 63 and hexagon shape things in giallo to match seat insert color.

Transmission tunnel - all blue with the giallo stitching

Center console - black

Lower dash - leave blue.

Upper dash - black to reduce glare, i get it. Would be cool to see it all blue though!

Door pulls - giallo

All the best - you can't really go too wrong - the thing is epic.

FWIW, having a SVJ63 roadster is a double-edged sword.  The pro being it’s one of the 63 so there’s an exclusivity factor when compared to the hundreds of SVJ roadster.  The con being a lot of the styling is “factory limited”, i.e. the entire top section in carbon, the livery at the side of the engine cover and the huge 63 logo on the front trunk cover etc...  In theory, one could opt out on some of the factory designs through Ad Personam but a) that somewhat defeats the purpose of owning a “63”.  And those who don’t know might even question if it is a genuine 63 without some of its exclusive styling cues.  b ) Contrary to their name, Ad Personam isn’t exactly as flexible as one may perceive as far as creating a bespoke/unique design is concerned.  In fact, I found them quite inflexible but some of their rationale are likely due to EU/CE & DOT restrictions.  

Anyway, alpha6164 congrats again.  G. Evros may match the bronze wheels better in Ad P’s opinion; but I agree that G. Orion matches better with B. Cepheus.  You can always ask the dealer to request actual paint swatch from the factory for real life reference.  Not sure if Ad P will be willing to do the yellow trim for the roof panels; at least at a reasonable cost.  Large SVJ livery on the rear fender is now optional on the 63 roadster; as oppose to having its unique/exclusive livery beside the engine cover.  You can even have it in carbon but that’s likely $$$$.  I am not a big fan of the huge 63 livery being smack in the middle of the front trunk.  Some people deleted it; others just have it “outlined” to lessen the visual impact.  I am trying to have its size reduced & relocated but have not gotten Ad P’s feedback yet.  On the seats, agreed that there’s too much blue.  One of the “down side” of having comfort seats is that they lack a “break” section between the back cushion and the headrest that’s made of carbon to reduce the visual cue.  The sports seats have that but I concur they can be uncomfortable and aren’t for everyone.  I thought the front part of the seat cushion is mandatorily black for the 63roadster or does that apply to sport seats only?  In any case, may I suggest the side trims to be in blue with yellow stitching (like what you have now); the back and seat cushions in black; and the “Y’s” & “inverted Y’s” in blue with yellow stitching.  For the headrests, you can have them in black with the Lamborghini logo either in blue or yellow; alternatively, you can have them in blue with the logo in yellow.  Lastly, I trust that all the blue surfaces are in leather as according to Ad P, they won’t do light blue in Alcantara as it will fade especially in an open top.  Hope this helps.  

Almost forgot: on the wing, I think having the yellow pinstripe on its edge only is fine; as oppose to having pinstripe all around the wing.  Having it on the edge matches the styling cue on the edges of the engine cover louvres.  Moreover, the rear of the car has plenty of yellow pinstripes already: the wing, the engine cover, the entire lower section (bumper & balance fins); too many will upset the visual balance.

Btw, are bronze wheels a must?  Perhaps you might consider black or titanium wheels instead?  That would allow you to have yellow brake calipers to match all the yellow highlights.  Yellow calipers won’t work with bronze wheels which I assume that’s why the calipers are currently black.  Hope I am not complicating your decisions.

11 hours ago, LA_Brit said:

My honest opinion mate is that this needs a lot of changes as is - there's way too much going on IMO on the exterior where it looks disjointed and some of the interior detail needs more consideration.

Take it with a pinch of salt but this is what i would do:

Exterior:

The livery looks way off - giallo like you said would look better.

Axe the 63 on the front hood. 

Brake Calipers to match the livery

Consider changing the A Pillar to body color.

Rear deck lid and upper intakes need to be body color IMO - not enough blue on the exterior with all the dark carbon accents.

Move SVJ logo back to the fender

Rims: Need to be bright gold, not bronze. Center locks match livery.

Wing should have pinstripes along the outer edges on the side view.

Interior:

All alcantara seats, not a mix of leather.

I'd invert the seats as they are now - blue on outer AND inner bolsters, black insert with giallo stripe and stitching.

Behind seats - All blue with 63 and hexagon shape things in giallo to match seat insert color.

Transmission tunnel - all blue with the giallo stitching

Center console - black

Lower dash - leave blue.

Upper dash - black to reduce glare, i get it. Would be cool to see it all blue though!

Door pulls - giallo

All the best - you can't really go too wrong - the thing is epic.

Thank you for taking the time for such detailed reply.  I really do appreciate it.   I want to address a few things because you many not be aware of them.

-What makes the SVJ63 different than the SVJ is the EXPOSED carbon on top half of the car including A-pillars, roof, decklid, bonet etc.  By making those body color, it would be essentially a downgrade to what an SVJ.  These are not options one can pay for on a standard SVJ to make it "look" like a 63 edition so in a sense we want all the exposed carbon which is what makes the car special. 

-The SVJ63 Roadster has a completely different livery than the SVJ63 coupe.   63 being in center of hood, "SVJ" not on fender but on bonet are just two of the many.  I mean I could say I dont want them but them we are basically giving up the exclusivity which is an entire different discussion all together lol. Also, what a lot of people dont realize is that 100% of the livery on the SVJ63 coupe and roadsters are painted and not stickers.  Every single aspect of it is painted. 

-Factory has no bright gold wheels.  Options are glossy black, titanium or bronze.  Now that is something that can be looked at as VCR mentioned.  Maybe consider doing gloss black wheels, yellow calipers to match the accent color and maybe even yellow on the center locks.  If I stick with bronze wheels then, the caliper has to be black, cause yellow wont look good behind bronze/gold wheels.  

-As far as interior, the biggest decision I have to make is comfort vs. the race seats because that will also change the look as well but many of the points you made are well put. Thanks again mate. 

4 hours ago, VCR said:

Almost forgot: on the wing, I think having the yellow pinstripe on its edge only is fine; as oppose to having pinstripe all around the wing.  Having it on the edge matches the styling cue on the edges of the engine cover louvres.  Moreover, the rear of the car has plenty of yellow pinstripes already: the wing, the engine cover, the entire lower section (bumper & balance fins); too many will upset the visual balance.

Btw, are bronze wheels a must?  Perhaps you might consider black or titanium wheels instead?  That would allow you to have yellow brake calipers to match all the yellow highlights.  Yellow calipers won’t work with bronze wheels which I assume that’s why the calipers are currently black.  Hope I am not complicating your decisions.

Thanks for the input brother.  Congrats on yours as well. 

-I do like the idea of the "63" on the front trunk to be outlined instead of the bold and filled in I have to discuss that. I wonder if they are going to say "that will be $5k to apply less paint" LMAO

-I love black wheels, and think the yellow calipers with glossy black wheels and maybe even center locks in yellow would really make it pop, but almost every one of my vehicles have glossy black wheels lol and was thinking of a different style 

-I am def going to rework the interior with them and see different options, 

Since you seem to further along than myself, how open are they to revising your requests or giving you different versions? Yes, for the money we are spending they should do it 75x if asked but didnt know if they get sick of asking for this and that revision lol

What do you guys think of this? In a sense this reverses the exterior motif to the interior where the black and yellow are primary colors in the  interior with the blue as secondary accent.  

The stitching, crest, piping, 12 o’clock  stripe on the steering wheel, and a small pocket in front of the center console will be blue everything else will be black and yellow. The stitchings, crest, piping, center stripe on the steering wheel, and a small pocket in front of the center consul will be blue everything else will be black and yellow.  No matter how I try to incorporate blue on the dash it just did not go well or at least I couldn’t come up with the right combination to look right.  

The question is whether to keep the steering wheel all black with just the blue stripe or add the top and lower yellow inserts?

38CBE5C5-4B9D-4B77-9468-01DD16AEF6ED.jpeg

586D05C7-D707-44E2-84D1-AB5B960F4EB0.jpeg

DE89E77F-5E2D-4820-8437-85DA2D3CAF30.jpeg

3 hours ago, alpha6164 said:

Thanks for the input brother.  Congrats on yours as well. 

-I do like the idea of the "63" on the front trunk to be outlined instead of the bold and filled in I have to discuss that. I wonder if they are going to say "that will be $5k to apply less paint" LMAO

-I love black wheels, and think the yellow calipers with glossy black wheels and maybe even center locks in yellow would really make it pop, but almost every one of my vehicles have glossy black wheels lol and was thinking of a different style 

-I am def going to rework the interior with them and see different options, 

Since you seem to further along than myself, how open are they to revising your requests or giving you different versions? Yes, for the money we are spending they should do it 75x if asked but didnt know if they get sick of asking for this and that revision lol

You are welcome and thank you brother.

I would not be surprised if they charge more to have less paint --- Porsche & Leica cameras had been doing that for years. LOL!  If this is of any help, note that the 2 "63" logos on the coupe and the roadster are different from each other too.  The roadster version is "outlined" at certain areas to sort-of create the relief/3D look (this is what the  Ad P rep said) so to do the "outlined" look would defeat that effect.  It's a tough call.

Understood on the gloss black wheel.  It's a personal call really.  They do offer blue on the calipers now but it's a much darker blue like royal blue and far from being like Cepheus.  Not too sure if the centre locks come in yellow; they have black, red and gold as factory choices.  I think they are working on one more but I don't think it's yellow.

I went to the factory in late January this year to do a IRL study/exchange of ideas.  They come back with a draft about 3 weeks later.  I edited the draft and returned it to them within a week.  And then COVID-19 hit and the factory was shut down.  They came back with a new proposal about a month ago and, again, I edited and returned it within a week.  Have not heard from them since.  Although I would concede that I am asking them to do something that they had never done before.  They are receptive to the idea and had sent draft designs.  And it also seems like they like to sign-off on one thing and only then will they move onto the next; i.e. they do not multitask!  To be more specific, in all honesty, they aren't too receptive with ideas being too creative.  Seems like they have lots of parametres to follow such as CE/EU & DOT regs plus colouring limitations due to certain dyes and fading.  If someone came up with an idea/design that the team actually like, it has to go through the feasibility and costs studies etc...  Conversely, if their front man dislike the idea, it almost stops right on the spot.  It's definitely not like Rolls Royce where as long as it meets safety standards and one is willing to pay for it, the sky is the limit.  I don't know whether it's the corporate mindset or the company culture or both but turnaround time has certainly been a lot slower than anticipated.  Staff in Ad P.  seems very limited.  The original guy had migrated to the "one off" section so basically it's one or two staffs manning the entire Ad P department.  And who knows how many hills they have to climb to gather the team to come up with a proper feedback? 

TBH, not too sure about the latest render but that's just me.  G. Orion & B. Cepheus are both "light" colours so they do not contrast each other enough; in fact, they almost compete with each other.  If you think the original design had too much blue, this version would stick out even more as yellow is a "warm" colour as oppose to blue being a "cool" colour; it would be very eye-caching.  When you have the roof panel removed, the bright warmer interior colour will be competing with the exterior colour rather than complimenting it so that's the risk you would have to take.  That applies to the headrests also, two competing colours so neither would stand out as there aren't enough contrast between the two.  IMO, the only colours that work on headrest would either be white or black; then the stitched Lambo logo will stand out.   How about keeping the blue stitching on the steering wheel but change its 12 o'clock centre-marker to yellow since you prefer the yellow/blue combo.  And there's enough black on the steering wheel to prevent yellow & blue to compete with each other.  Just my $0.02 worth on the above.  Ultimately, it's your car so it's your final call.

How about something like this, not too much blue on the interior, but as the exterior is blue with yellow accents, I went for blue trim on the seats, side of the steering wheel, front of the dashboard and the top part of the dashboard pod. Yellow comes in on the 'Y' on the seats, the SVJ logo, the Bull crest on the headrests, stitching on the dashboard and a horizontal bar ... as on the exterior, the yellow is there, but it's not overwhelming and 'pulling attention'

The front of the dashboard has a blue section, that is continued on the steering wheel, but only on the sides, might be a nightmare to maintain, but blue on the top and bottom of the steering looks off with the front of the dashboard being blue ... in that case the top and bottom of the dash should be blue ... and then you're getting too much blue again.

With sport seats:

vcc_webagllaa02gdghl0gh0glhadallhh12glahagaaaaaaaaaaaa.png

vcc_wibagllaa02gdghl0gh0glhadallhh12glahagaaaaaaaaaaaa.png

Or with comfort seats:

vcc_webagllab02gdghl0gh0glhadallhh12glahagaaaaaaaaaaaa.png

vcc_wibagllab02gdghl0gh0glhadallhh12glahagaaaaaaaaaaaa.png

I prefer the look of the sport seats, but personally I would also go for comfort seats ... I'm getting old, I know :P

That is just too many colors going on....

I agree. Holy MOLY! 

On 6/16/2020 at 12:06 PM, Griza said:

That is just too many colors going on....