UPDATED with Release Images Pg. 2 - Lamborghini SCV12: Squadra Corsa Hypercar: Photos/Video

Destructo

Press Release Follows Media Content.

From the press release, it would appear this is going to follow a similar path as the Ferrari FXX program. It doesn't qualify into any competitive series', nor is it street-legal. But customer will be able to drive it at track-events and have instructions and guidance from factory consultants and drivers. There is no announcement of price for the most powerful Lamborghini to date, (830 horsepower). 

Would be interested to see what tech is gleaned from this and applied to the next generation of the flagship car. 

563020.jpg

563024.jpg

563021.jpg

563026.jpg

563023.jpg

563025.jpg

• Track-only limited edition hypercar world première is scheduled for summer 2020

• The engine is the most powerful V12 from Lamborghini to date

• Aerodynamic efficiency and higher downforce levels than a GT3 car

Sant’Agata Bolognese, 23 June 2020 – Lamborghini Squadra Corse’s track-only hypercar, the Lamborghini SCV12, has completed its development programme and is now ready to hit the track for its world première, scheduled for summer 2020. Fitted with the most powerful V12 naturally aspirated engine from Lamborghini to date, the SCV12 – designed by the in-house Lamborghini Centro Stile – is capable of exceeding 830 hp thanks to aerodynamic supercharging at high speed.

The SCV12 benefits from Lamborghini Squadra Corse’s GT motorsport expertise, using its racing experience to produce increased aerodynamic efficiency and higher downforce levels than a GT3 car. The SCV12’s front bonnet has a double air intake and a central rib directing airflow to the ram-air intake scoop located on the roof. This directs dynamic air pressure created by the car’s movement to increase static air pressure in the engine’s intake manifold, creating greater airflow through the engine and increasing power. The car’s clear track intent and aerodynamic efficiency is further enhanced by the prominent splitter at the front, lateral flicks and vertical fins on the side sills, while at the rear is a custom-built carbon fibre rear wing.

Several aspects of the SCV12 have been developed particularly for the hypercar, with specific racing solutions devised by Squadra Corse engineers, including a new fully carbon fibre chassis that allows for a greater power-to-weight ratio as well as the best handling and circuit driving experience.

The lightweight chassis with rear-wheel drive incorporates a sequential six-speed gearbox as a structural element within the chassis, reducing weight and enhancing weight distribution. Pushrod rear suspension is system installed directly on the gearbox, while power is delivered on the track courtesy of specially developed slick Pirelli tyres fitted on magnesium rims (19” front, 20” rear).

The SCV12 will be assembled entirely within the Lamborghini Squadra Corse factory in Sant’Agata Bolognese, as a limited edition. Customers will become members of a very exclusive club: they will participate in advanced driving programmes at some of the world’s most prestigious circuits, with the technical assistance of Squadra Corse engineers and the special tutoring of Emanuele Pirro, five-time winner of the 24 Hours of Le Mans and Lamborghini Squadra Corse Special Projects Consultant.

563022.jpg

When they say aerodynamic supercharging, do they mean the ram air from that intake, essnetially like the Jota intake on the diablo?   ANd how can they measure the horsepower from that?

9 hours ago, E7ITE said:

so it's a DSG box?

sequential according to the release, but it didn't say any more details on the setup. I'd assume the SC cars run a sequential box and it's just ported over for that purpose. But you never know. I'll reach out to the PR team for clarification. 

55 minutes ago, Kevin2772 said:

When they say aerodynamic supercharging, do they mean the ram air from that intake, essnetially like the Jota intake on the diablo?   ANd how can they measure the horsepower from that?

I shot an email off to PR for clarification, she didn't have any further details to provide, but said details will emerge with the full reveal this spring. So if they don't address it then, we'll follow up. I'm with you though, I would like to hear a bit more science behind the term. 

4 hours ago, Destructo said:

I shot an email off to PR for clarification, she didn't have any further details to provide, but said details will emerge with the full reveal this spring. So if they don't address it then, we'll follow up. I'm with you though, I would like to hear a bit more science behind the term. 

This spring? So its a whole another year before the full reveal? 

18 hours ago, Destructo said:

Sorry, meant summer! In a brain fog lately!

I know the feeling. 

3 hours ago, livinroo said:

Quite interesting the tow strap comes out from the front "hood" area. And it doesn't flap around, but it looks like a fabric strap. Film might be sped up? 

2 hours ago, Destructo said:

Quite interesting the tow strap comes out from the front "hood" area. And it doesn't flap around, but it looks like a fabric strap. Film might be sped up? 

Lamborghini Squadra Corse sure has made a fast car! The FXX-K Evo has over 1000 hp vs the 840 in the Lambo. And I am sure the Lambo weighs more. But downforce and traction is key here it seems! Enjoy!