2004 Lamborghini Murcielago E Gear Shifting problem; Unidentifiable noise problem; and Scissor Doors Problem.

Brock

How are you everybody? I hope that you are all doing well and staying safe during this difficult time. I purchased an outstanding 2004 Balloon White E Gear Lamborghini Murcielago back in 2014. I have had all the cosmetic issues fixed; but never got around to repairing the three major problems with the car. I live in Connecticut, and I don't drive it much--only in the Summer. I was wondering if any of you can please help me to determine the possible cause(s) of these 3 problems, as perhaps you experienced them yourself with your car. The main problem with the car is that after driving it for about 40 minutes, it often refuses to shift into first gear after coming to a stop; and it also refuses to shift into reverse--in fact the last time I drove it, I could not get it to shift into reverse to get out of a parking spot, and just about gave up trying; but fortunately it finally went into reverse, and fortunately, I didn't have to get it towed. I checked the hydraulic oil level (with the driver door opened as required), and discovered that it was well above the Max mark on the dipstick--do you think this has something to do with it? My Pre-Purchase inspection (which I unfortunately cannot find at the moment), said that a hose was leaking--could this be the cause? I have also read that a low battery can sometimes cause this shifting problem; but I have not seen any battery warning on the dashboard. I would greatly appreciate it if anybody could please tell me what can possibly be causing this problem so that I can possibly repair the problem myself; or so that if I have to get it repaired, I can tell the mechanic what to look for to save me a possible fortune on diagnosing the problem. If you know what the problem is, could you also please tell me what I can expect to pay to have it repaired so that I don't get ripped off? And does anybody know of a good honest Lamborghini Mechanic in Connecticut?

The second problem with the car is that I sometimes hear a strange "whirring" sound coming from the floor underneath the seats. The sound occurs intermittently, and lasts around 15 to 20 seconds when it happens. I would greatly appreciate it if anybody could please tell me what can possibly be causing this problem so that I can possibly repair the problem myself; or so that if I have to get it repaired, I can tell the mechanic what to look for to save me a possible fortune on diagnosing the problem. If you know what the problem is, could you also please tell me what I can expect to pay to have it repaired so that I don't get ripped off?

The last problem with this car has to do with the scissor doors, which I hear is common problem. First, the passenger scissor door will not lock; and sometimes I can't get it to open. Second, the driver door sometimes will not open trapping me in the car!--Fortunately, if I time unlocking the door just right with pulling the inside door latch to open the door, I am able to "escape" from it LOL! My greatest fear is that one day my wife and I will both become trapped in the car as the result of both doors refusing to open. This actually happened to us one time, but fortunately, I was able to open my driver side door as previously described, by timing unlocking the door just right with pulling the inside door latch to open the door, enabling my wife and I to exit the car--scary and very frustrating. I would greatly appreciate it if anybody could please tell me what can possibly be causing this problem so that I can possibly repair the problem myself; or so that if I have to get it repaired, I can tell the mechanic what to look for to save me a possible fortune on diagnosing the problem. If you know what the problem is, could you also please tell me what I can expect to pay to have it repaired so that I don't get ripped off?

Thanks so much for any information you good people can provide to me to help me fix this beautiful Italian masterpiece. Thanks so much my fellow Lamborghini friends, and please stay safe and strong during this challenging time. Wishing you ALL THE BEST--Bob

Your description of the e-gear problem reminds me of my friend Shamile's problems with the e-gear in his Murci Roadster (since sold).  He did ultimately find the issue and have it fixed, after a lot of time and money.  It may not be the same thing, but if you have an Fchat account, I'd message him to see; I feel like it ended up being something really silly and simple but was hard to find; here's his profile page https://ferrarichat.com/forum/members/shamile.2288/

My '03 likes to not always lock the doors, so I haven't had your problem with them remaining locked, but do have a similar issue with them simply not working properly in the other direction.  Since it hasn't trapped me i haven't investigated further yet.

How are you tpamurci? Thanks so much for your very helpful reply. I attempted to contact your friend, and hope to hear from him soon. I don't mind paying for repairs, but I do hate spending a fortune on diagnostics to discover the problem, and getting ripped off in general. Thanks so much for helping me to possibly discover my problem with my e-gear shifting. Hope that you solve your problems with your doors--I suspect a lock actuator problem or a door alignment problem . I'll certainly let you know if I discover what the problem is, so that I can possibly help you with your door problem in the future. Thanks again, and stay safe and strong during this challenging time--Bob

A very common failure that will prevent you from shifting out of neutral is a failed brake pedal switch. Without diagnostic software, you can confirm your brake pedal switch is bad if you can shift out of neutral with the engine not running and you can shift just fine out of neutral if you get the car rolling a bit. Ideally, you'd use diagnostic software.

Your unlock issue could be from loose linkage on the locking mechanism inside the door.

I have the occasional locking issue when I go to unarm the car it likes to unlock and then immediately lock; however never had the issue when in the car and exiting. As others mentioned here probably the actuator on one side or the other sticking. If you listen by the door when you lock and unlock with your key fob you may be able to hear which side is causing the issue to make all doors stick. Once a door jam adjustment fixed mine for a while, but now I suspect the actuator. For safety maybe leave your window down when turning it off so you could reach to the outside and use your key if needed on the door lock then turn the car on and lower the windows. Or just open the doors before shutting it down. Its odd you get stuck inside. When I use the handle inside the car it always opens for me.

How are you gmendoza? Thanks so much for your your help. I have been researching these problems, and I believe that you are right about a faulty brake pedal switch--this is a very common problem among Murcielagos. You have to step on the break peal to shift out of neutral, and the egear sometimes won't shift only when I am in neutral. The fact that the egear sometimes won't shift into Reverse, leads me me to believe that that my paddle shifters micro switches are not the cause, as reverse is activated by pressing a button on the dashboard. I checked my hydraulic fluid level and my battery which were both fine. My actuator pump primes when I open the driver's side door. I ordered a new brake pedal switch--will let you know if this fixes my problem. Thanks again--Bob

How are you JanDaMan? Thanks so much for your helpful advice, and safety recommendations. I suspected a lock actuator problem or a door alignment problem . I'll certainly let you know if I discover what the problem is, so that I can possibly help you with your door problem in the future. Thanks again--Bob