Dash Cluster

Kipper

Hi Members,

I have a loose gauge cluster panel no my 02 Murci, can someone help to point me with a description on how to get to the gauge cluster without breaking things

it is loose on the top left corner

Kipper

Afternoon,

There are a handful of screws on the bottom of the steering column cowl, remove these and take the cowl off.

If you lower the steering column and pull the wheel toward yourself.

There are two twisting thumb screws one either side of the binnacle at the bottom, these twist off. Make sure you dont drop them......

The front should lift up and then gently pull it towards you. If i remember there is one main connection on the back of the instruments, but be careful in removing the harness to the 4 buttons on the binnacle. 

Del

Thank you Del,

I will go digging this weekend.

Based on your description is it correct to assume that the top left corner that is loose on mine is out of its retaining clips or position

by what you have described it is only the thumb screws at the bottom that retain the binnacle?

Kipper

The entire binnacle is only held on at three points these two thumb screws and a metal bracket at the back - ie the nearest the screen.

https://www.eurospares.co.uk/parts/lamborghini/murcielago-2003/interiors/dashboard-instruments-19473

The thumb screws connector on part 37 and the metal bracket is part 19.

If you are saying the instrument are loose, once you get the entire binnacle out it is easy to see how it is screwed in.