KENWOOD stereo / radio

rushdriven

I bought my current 2007 LP640 in 2016 and am working in restoring some items back to stock or close to stock.  Just got the intakes restored to crinkle paint after they had been painted first yellow and then high gloss black.  One of the two previous owners likely spent a grip of dough at a car stereo shop - changed the factory KENWOOD head unit to Alpine with backup camera - along with amps (and too much to list) plus a subwoofer behind the passenger seat.  The amps and other gear in the front bonnet took up a lot of luggage space - if I can find pics of a with and without I will post later.  Probably 4 or 5 inches of the front bonnet used for amps that did not provide any better sound and probably removed over 50 lbs of superfluous stuff.  Josh @ Veloce Motorsports spent quite of bit of time removing the amps, subwoofer and a rats nest of wires.  Afterward - to me at least - the stereo sounded the same. 

I am currently looking for a KENWOOD stereo that is either stock or a suitable newer generation replacement (as one would think technology has come a long way since the 2007 model year and the factory stereo was likely design years earlier).  Not that I talk on the phone much - if at all - while driving (hard to hear with the Kreissieg exhaust), however, Bluetooth would be great.  Any suggestions are appreciated.

• 2 months later...

Hi.  I have a 07 lp640 I just picked up with the factory Kenwood nav.   Let me know if you are still interested. I may be motivated to replace the factory one for a newer model with CarPlay.