Domencali on Bloomberg, Fully Electric is "too soon"

We all know that traditional sportscars are a dying breed, and the Aventador will likely be the last of the naturally-aspirated V12's. Thankfully a "fully-electric" Lamborghini isn't on the plans for right away, it's "too soon" according to the CEO.

There is a short little video interview with Bloomberg, and it's not bad. 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos/2020-07-09/lamborghini-ceo-too-early-for-a-full-electric-car-video

The telling piece is what they are planning between now and the intro of the Aventador replacement.  Still pretty vague but that is the REAL question isn't it (& when will we see the replacement).  The alignment question is still not settled (I get the sense Domenicali might not we all that comfy now answering to Porsche vs. Audi.  Anyone with other good articles or insights?  I've not seen anything from Porsche on the subject.

Seems like the replacement A has been in the works for ages. I read the head of Porsche wanted to get rid of the V12 but I can imagine HQ staging a coup d'état so I think the next best thing would be going hybrid. That might also be an issue if they're going to keep the current A's monocoque because pairing a dual clutch (maybe a revised PDK?) with a hybrid V12 isn't exactly plug and play.

Mitja did mention that the replacement A would not look like the Sian so the feeling I get is the replacement will be more or less a refreshed version of the current A. It'll probably follow a similar progression like the 458>488>F8 plus at some point you'll have to go electric so why spend on money on a new platform that might be dated in say 5 years. 

Budgets were already thin over at VAG more so now with COVID so it would make sense to tweak the current car which isn't a bad thing considering the  A continues to sell and turn heads.

Almost everything is out of date by the time it comes to market the tech is moving so fast, that and changing regulations make things very tricky for a longish lifecycle model to guess what you might have to incorporate on both parts later 

Why is Electric the technology that is decided to power our cars of the future? We dont produce enough power to power all the cars in the world. Nuclear is the only way to do it and those plants are getting shut down. Hope you like what your electricity bill is now, because it will never be that low again. 

At least the Nikola Badger is Hydrogen/Electric. But there are no Hydrogen filling stations. 

From what I gather they have progressed on it far, but not far enough to spawn prototypes or final design. It's been in development for at least 4-5 years now. (You can date back some interviews about Aventador's replacement going hybrid to 2015/16.)

Which raises the question:

Is it stuck in development hell with the DCT/V12/Hybrid system? Or will we see prototypes of it by the end of this year, or maybe next year? 

Since they aren't doing big motor shows anymore they can drop it off at any event, any time. Everything is unpredictable after the pandemic. And Lamborghini is as secretive as it was years ago about the flagships. 

Once we start seeing Aventador prototypes with weird stuff on them, then we will know that it is getting closer to an official debut. 

Example: The very first proper Aventador LP 700-4 Prototype from 2010. 

https://cdn.motor1.com/images/mgl/3Q8gK/s1/2010-211004-lamborghini-jota-superleggera-prototype-at-nurburgring-spy-photo-21-09-20101.jpg