Aventador S impact noise from suspension

StuKatz

Looking to get back to 12 cylinders. While test driving an Aventador S, slowly turning into a driveway, a loud noise came from the rear. Same sound that you would hear if you swatted a fly against the wall with a shoe. Pop! Reversing out heard the same noise not as loud. My first thought was the 4 wheel steering or a lose engine mount. Did an internet search but did not find anything. This happen to anybody here or any ideas? Besides that the car ran flawlessly on the streets and highway.

That was my first thought (AWS system), or some component related to it. Did you have the wheel maxed to one side or was it a gentle turn? If you didn't hear it at speed that might help narrow it down. 

2 hours ago, Destructo said:

That was my first thought (AWS system), or some component related to it. Did you have the wheel maxed to one side or was it a gentle turn? If you didn't hear it at speed that might help narrow it down. 

Hey Destructo,

Thanks for the reply.

The wheel was not maxed, and there was no issue when on the road and making corner turns. What I should add to the original post is that when going up the driveway the body was flexed a little, and same on the way out. I hear the car is in for servicing, so will be interesting to see what is found, I am guessing in a few days.

If no one else chimes in, I will post what the issue was for future use. 

It could be the x brace in engine bay. It mounts to the fire wall which is carbon. I have seen a lot of them make noise when going in/out drive ways. Need to be loosened & retorque in proper order.

On 7/17/2020 at 10:06 AM, jefflambo said:

It could be the x brace in engine bay. It mounts to the fire wall which is carbon. I have seen a lot of them make noise when going in/out drive ways. Need to be loosened & retorque in proper order.

Jeff, 

You hit the nail right on the head. It was the X brace. Thanks