Hurcan Performante vs. VF Engineering Huracan Performante

Destructo

VF Engineering Huracan Performante compared to a stock Huracan Performante by Motor Trend.

It's kind of a bizarre article, in that the author talks about his rock star friend, and then references famously accused plagiarist Paul Krugman in a article about aftermarket parts, but hey, got to stay relevant I suppose. 

An interesting look at the VF Engineering kit for the Performante, more than likely bought and paid for by VF Engineering (it's a pretty big fluff piece).

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/lamborghini/huracan/2019/is-aftermarket-vf-engineering-lamborghini-huracan-better-than-stock/

2019-Lamborghini-Huracan-Performante-vs-2019-Lamborghini-Huracan-Performante-Tuned-by-VF-Engineering-2 (1).jpg

I agree, its a big fluff. Not sure I learned anything from the article. For me, when I read articles like this, if they don't enhance my knowledge or appear to offer new information to the general community, the question becomes, why bother.  Guess this is where automotive journalism is today. I still prefer my naturally-aspirated Performante. 

23 hours ago, DoctaM3 said:

I agree, its a big fluff. Not sure I learned anything from the article. For me, when I read articles like this, if they don't enhance my knowledge or appear to offer new information to the general community, the question becomes, why bother.  Guess this is where automotive journalism is today. I still prefer my naturally-aspirated Performante. 

You're spot on. Unfortunately the industry has now turned to "Advertorial Content" true automotive journalism is barely alive. This story just perpetuates that, and not acknowledging it just confirms the idea.

When I worked in the industry reviews and opinions would be axed from publication because they didn't shine a pretty light on a car or brand (that was a big sponsor for the publication). And I understand the complexities and complications, because if you keep ragging on a car or brand, they won't let you borrow the cars or send you on the cool trips to evaluate them; and they sure won't spend those "precious" ad dollars with you because, at the end of the day, they want the money more than the objectivity and integrity from my experiences. 

Automotive Journalists are notoriously poor, and I'm not trying to be funny here, just speaking from personal experience. But a big reason most try getting into the game is because you can drive stuff you'll never be able to afford otherwise, go on trips you'd never be able to go on, and basically live the perception of a life that they desperately want to have. But it comes at a cost. They become bitter and jaded in many cases.

In this case, I'm sure JL has some friendly relationship with VF and in an exchange for a vehicle loan or access, writes up a fluff piece about the products and how amazing it is and incredible it makes you feel, and then pukes it out to a very large platform. He also has a history of making "friends" with very wealthy owners and collectors to make a nice in for access to their vehicles and recognition. It's a lot of public ass kissing in my opinion. 

You really need to find those people or organizations that don't require the funds of the brands they  evaluate if you want any objectivity.

Truth is, JF is better than that. He is knowledgeable, talented & has the background & credentials to be the automotive journalist of references. I have enjoyed his work in the past and continue to. This one just felt soft and as you said, it not unique, you now see it across the board as informercial or informerviews with not much meat. Just our new reality I guess.

11 hours ago, DoctaM3 said:

Truth is, JF is better than that. He is knowledgeable, talented & has the background & credentials to be the automotive journalist of references. I have enjoyed his work in the past and continue to. This one just felt soft and as you said, it not unique, you now see it across the board as informercial or informerviews with not much meat. Just our new reality I guess.

I'll agree, he is better than this. And perhaps it was an assigned article or task, but it seems to be a slow decline to where we are at. Again, not many objective reviews remain out there (in my opinion).