SVJ worth an extra $100k-ish over SV

murcivu

Looking at both the SV and SVJ.  Aside from the aero and all wheel drive, is the pricing  justified for the SVJ?  They've dropped about $100k from new within just a year.  While the SV are now in the mid to higher $300s.  For sure the SVJ looks mental, just trying to see if it's worth the extra money.

2 hours ago, murcivu said:

Looking at both the SV and SVJ.  Aside from the aero and all wheel drive, is the pricing  justified for the SVJ?  They've dropped about $100k from new within just a year.  While the SV are now in the mid to higher $300s.  For sure the SVJ looks mental, just trying to see if it's worth the extra money.

I love both.  Sv might hold value better due to lower production #s. 

3 hours ago, Allan-Herbie said:

I love both.  Sv might hold value better due to lower production #s. 

+1.

Imo the SVJ hasn't bottomed out yet so you'll take a hit whereas the SV's have seem to have bottomed out in particular the SV roadster.

I love both cars but the SVJ looks much more aggressive and drives better.

2 hours ago, sl55 said:

+1.

Imo the SVJ hasn't bottomed out yet so you'll take a hit whereas the SV's have seem to have bottomed out in particular the SV roadster.

I love both cars but the SVJ looks much more aggressive and drives better.

I dont think the Sv has bottomed out yet either.. 

I agree.  Can't go wrong with either.  However, I don't think SV has bottomed out either.  If SVJ continues to drop but SV does not, then the difference in price would be nominal and that would make choosing the SVJ a no-brainer.  But nothing can a hold a candle to the SVJ in terms of sheer looks and aggression, not even most hyper-cars.  Just wish it sounded the part.  Perhaps removing the primary cats would fill in that void.

I agree. SV market continues to evolve.  the SV-R seems to be holding better but again, not at bottom of depreciation curve. The SVJ is a much much better car in driving dynamics, looks etc. That market is definitely on the move & as stated perviously, lots more of them were made.  By thought: Buy what you love--drive it and enjoy it. YOLO. If you're too focused on depreciation, there are way better investments for your $300-500k. Don't look at a car.

12 hours ago, murcivu said:

I agree.  Can't go wrong with either.  However, I don't think SV has bottomed out either.  If SVJ continues to drop but SV does not, then the difference in price would be nominal and that would make choosing the SVJ a no-brainer.  But nothing can a hold a candle to the SVJ in terms of sheer looks and aggression, not even most hyper-cars.  Just wish it sounded the part.  Perhaps removing the primary cats would fill in that void.

I think the SVj is the best looking car you can buy, regardless of price. 

If you don’t already have an sv then yep 

I've actually started to really like SVJ the more i drive it at first i thought SV was better but the more i use it the more i realise the SV just feels rougher at sub 70 mph speeds and therefore feels more exciting/special when you are tootling around also exhaust valves are open from zero in SV but not in J which helps. 
But when you actually properly drive it down some nice roads the SVJ is dynamically in another league and you can actually feel what its doing a lot more, its a much easier car to drive fast and feel you are actually participating.

6 hours ago, sprite said:

I love mine. The car is awesome.

SVJR.jpg

That car suits you. Awesome spec, post some more pictures. I've been jonesing for more since your reveal video from the dealer! 

13 hours ago, Destructo said:

That car suits you. Awesome spec, post some more pictures. I've been jonesing for more since your reveal video from the dealer! 

I'll try to get some real photos at some point. I haven't been to any car shows or linked up with any photographers since I got the car because of the pandemic.

2 hours ago, sprite said:

I'll try to get some real photos at some point. I haven't been to any car shows or linked up with any photographers since I got the car because of the pandemic.

No worries, i figured as much. Looking forward to it!