SVJ vs SV vs MurcieSV

Plastique999

SVJ vs AVSV vs MurcieSV   

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you choose?

Sold my MurcieSV and miss it...want to get back into a V12 Lambo.  Honestly looking at another MurcieSV but wouldn’t mind trying an AvSV.  Had allocation on SVJ but canceled it due to too many being made.  Trying to decide ....

51 minutes ago, Plastique999 said:

Sold my MurcieSV and miss it...want to get back into a V12 Lambo.  Honestly looking at another MurcieSV but wouldn’t mind trying an AvSV.  Had allocation on SVJ but canceled it due to too many being made.  Trying to decide ....

Hey, welcome back--we've missed. you. Honestly, I would say Murcie SV esp if you plan on keeping it for a while. Would be awesome to see you around at events!

Had a Av-SV, still have a M-SV and ordered a SVR63 roadster.  If possible, I suggest you go test-drive an Av-SV and see if that's your cup of tea as it is a very different car from the M-SV.  The M-SV is pure old school, it constantly tries to kill you; if you don't treat it with respect; it will bite back.  But you likely knew that already; it's pure rawness!  The Av-SV, on the other hand, cocoons and even pampers you; so much so that at times you don't know who or what is doing the driving.  It dulls the visceral feeling but it is also deceptively quick.  Obviously, I haven't experienced the SVJ much yet but based on the test drive, Lambo really fine-tuned the SVJ.  Its ALA and 4WS transformed it and its exhaust note also sounds quite different.  The SVJ is more sure-footed than the Av-SV.  Whatever the Av-SV is capable of, the SVJ can take it a notch or two higher.  But again, it lacks the rawness that the M-SV offers.  Bluntly put, neither the SVJ or the Av-SV feel as "fast:" as the M-SV even though the newer cars are categorically faster and "better" in the real.  I think we simply need to accept the way modern Lambos, i.e. Av-SV & SVJ feel and drive.  But we can still elevate our visceral senses through the old-school M-SV.  So it's best to try an Av-SV or SVJ to see if you prefer the "new feel" first.   Looks-wise, personal opinion of course but I think the Av-SV looks best.

Below 70 SV feels much more special, above that J is in another league and a much easier car to drive fast. Sv is basically a missile with reins  

20 hours ago, topjay said:

Below 70 SV feels much more special, above that J is in another league and a much easier car to drive fast. Sv is basically a missile with reins  

I second this opinion.  I also agree with VCR--I didn't a M-SV but driven a few times--it visceral and much much harder to drive but rewards you in the end (albeit, you would have been beaten up). The A-SV is more muted but still really very good. SVJ is still ordered but M-SV one day will be in the stable for sure.

On 8/20/2020 at 4:48 PM, Plastique999 said:

I think I found your old Performante--isn't this it?

On 8/20/2020 at 2:39 PM, DoctaM3 said:

Hey, welcome back--we've missed. you. Honestly, I would say Murcie SV esp if you plan on keeping it for a while. Would be awesome to see you around at events!

Hey there, missed everyone and will get back in the game soon.  Bummer Monterey didn’t happen this year but hopefully next year we get all the Bulls together again!

On 8/20/2020 at 8:51 PM, VCR said:

Had a Av-SV, still have a M-SV and ordered a SVR63 roadster.  If possible, I suggest you go test-drive an Av-SV and see if that's your cup of tea as it is a very different car from the M-SV.  The M-SV is pure old school, it constantly tries to kill you; if you don't treat it with respect; it will bite back.  But you likely knew that already; it's pure rawness!  The Av-SV, on the other hand, cocoons and even pampers you; so much so that at times you don't know who or what is doing the driving.  It dulls the visceral feeling but it is also deceptively quick.  Obviously, I haven't experienced the SVJ much yet but based on the test drive, Lambo really fine-tuned the SVJ.  Its ALA and 4WS transformed it and its exhaust note also sounds quite different.  The SVJ is more sure-footed than the Av-SV.  Whatever the Av-SV is capable of, the SVJ can take it a notch or two higher.  But again, it lacks the rawness that the M-SV offers.  Bluntly put, neither the SVJ or the Av-SV feel as "fast:" as the M-SV even though the newer cars are categorically faster and "better" in the real.  I think we simply need to accept the way modern Lambos, i.e. Av-SV & SVJ feel and drive.  But we can still elevate our visceral senses through the old-school M-SV.  So it's best to try an Av-SV or SVJ to see if you prefer the "new feel" first.   Looks-wise, personal opinion of course but I think the Av-SV looks best.

I think you hit the nail in the head.  It’s crazy that after selling my MSV, I’d still like to get another ...I think I’m grasping at that visceral rawness you speak of.  
I have experienced the “faster” cars (such as the Perf) but feel a bit numb by those.  I’ll keep looking, but chances are I’ll be back in a MSV....will see.  

• 1 month later...

I had 2 x M-SV and thought I would never sell my 2nd M-SV ever again at all. I had the 2nd one for 6 years and got an offer to sell as I rarely drove the car in the past couple of years (80km in 18 months).

it started to become a love burden to me as I had to have the time, be in a great mood, good physical condition and to combine with great weather to totally enjoy M-SV. We all know the car doesn’t like traffics and you need to be mindful when using the “clutch”, all of these add up to it not being used often. I prefer to take the STS or any other cars that I have from the fleet. Then I started to worry that I drove it too less, had to remember to start it up once in awhile and things just start to become an unenjoyable chore. It is for sure a great car to look at in my garage and I absolutely love how it looked especially with the custom carbon bits that I did to it.

When the offer was right under my nose that was very attractive and my better half convinced me to sell it, moved it on and got myself a SVJ. Such an easy car to drive and can still enjoy the loud V12 engine drama. The SVJ is a super fast car, an easy car to drive (I never find Murcie sv hard to handle when driving fast anyway), in terms of not worrying about the traffics, the clutch wear while it gets overheated... etc. Then I realized that’s what makes driving more enjoyable, more fun after moving the Murcie SV on.

you might have a to ask yourself why you sold the MSV in the first place as it might potentially lead you to sell Your second one and wanting to try out the other 2 replacement candidates of yours.

All the best with your choice!

88228E2F-0914-4EE3-8B36-922571056D2C.jpeg

D31C5AD3-95A5-47AB-BB84-F20143868570.jpeg

256BAA7D-0146-4A83-85A5-B2799E290765.jpeg

67BE2FFA-1041-4D6D-9480-315398B3B1B3.jpeg

347F44F3-1648-47FE-AB17-FFC9BC74F1C6.jpeg

EA35FC78-1556-45F5-9A30-4249D2C09E32.jpeg

9A7E6C86-5D0A-4C61-9880-77F01DE0F4EC.jpeg

36F9EF7F-51BC-423F-A87A-F551FAE4C24F.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...