Who knows anything of Gintani?

Kratos

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, jtrump said:

That may be the best road car exhaust note I've ever heard

I know right! I'm surprised more buzz isn't being made about this because it could be a game changer for the legacy of the Aventador. No longer will people say "The Murcie was the last great sound of Lamborghini". 

Ugh, so tired of hearing that. 

2 minutes ago, whiteout said:

SVJ has different exhaust manifolds & cat pipe design than the others. So it likely won't be exactly the same, but it shouldn't be difficult to mimic.

This is exactly what I kept telling Gintani in our 30 minute discussion, but he kept promising me over and over that the other models will sound even better. I kept making him promise and guarantee it so many times that he eventually said I don't know what else to say that will get you to trust me.... 

After he said that, I took the gamble and ordered the exhaust. So we shall see if he keeps his word on this. 

That sounds bonkers, the audio seems to be a bit off, need another vid with a different recording device. Does it spit flames on idle though?? :shocked:

On 9/20/2020 at 5:58 PM, martz said:

That sounds bonkers, the audio seems to be a bit off, need another vid with a different recording device. Does it spit flames on idle though?? :shocked:

Here's a take off..

17 minutes ago, martz said:

Thanks for that, sure screams doesn’t it. It’s between this and Powercraft for me.

I had Powercraft. It doesn't scream like this. These Gintani's are equal length headers. That's the condition needed for the pitch. 

On 9/26/2020 at 8:13 AM, Kratos said:

I had Powercraft. It doesn't scream like this. These Gintani's are equal length headers. That's the condition needed for the pitch. 

What car did you have Powercraft on?

6 hours ago, martz said:

What car did you have Powercraft on?

I bought it from a fellow Aventador owner for my car, and then sold it shortly after to another. 

On 10/2/2020 at 9:40 PM, Kratos said:

I bought it from a fellow Aventador owner for my car, and then sold it shortly after to another. 

so not an SVJ? As I believe the sound characteristics between SVJ and non SVJ is substantially different. i.e. I don't think powercraft on non SVJ is comparable to same on SVJ

18 minutes ago, martz said:

so not an SVJ? As I believe the sound characteristics between SVJ and non SVJ is substantially different. i.e. I don't think powercraft on non SVJ is comparable to same on SVJ

True. And actually we don't know what the other models are capable of in sound until they get this pipe design. So I will definitely be posting my results when my pipes come in. That was the whole point of this thread....can Gintani produce for me what he promised....we shall see. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2020 at 9:29 AM, Kratos said:

True. And actually we don't know what the other models are capable of in sound until they get this pipe design. So I will definitely be posting my results when my pipes come in. That was the whole point of this thread....can Gintani produce for me what he promised....we shall see. 

I'm guessing it's a cat-delete setup?

5 hours ago, Impslap said:

I'm guessing it's a cat-delete setup?

Yes it is with the equal length headers design that only the Japanese have done over the years for the AV. It's the secret to the high pitch. 

Just YouTube Stardropper SVJ. 

9 hours ago, Kratos said:

Yes it is with the equal length headers design that only the Japanese have done over the years for the AV. It's the secret to the high pitch. 

Just YouTube Stardropper SVJ. 

So the exhaust manifolds are replaced with equal length headers as well? I

On 10/17/2020 at 6:33 PM, Impslap said:

So the exhaust manifolds are replaced with equal length headers as well? I

No they are not. I have spoken to Alex Gintani and he stated that he does not change headers at all but that he "extends the headers." This statement which I have asked on two separate occasions makes absolutely no sense because it means nothing.  "extending the headers" is the same thing as attaching cat delete pipes right after the header which is "extending" the header.   

The issue with many of these shops are that they are making exhaust for sound or fire and cracks and pops.  Ask one of them to post a before and after dyno. All these hops have dynos.  Do you wonder why they never post a before and after but post 75 videos of other things? 

31 minutes ago, alpha6164 said:

No they are not. I have spoken to Alex Gintani and he stated that he does not change headers at all but that he "extends the headers." This statement which I have asked on two separate occasions makes absolutely no sense because it means nothing.  "extending the headers" is the same thing as attaching cat delete pipes right after the header which is "extending" the header.   

The issue with many of these shops are that they are making exhaust for sound or fire and cracks and pops.  Ask one of them to post a before and after dyno. All these hops have dynos.  Do you wonder why they never post a before and after but post 75 videos of other things? 

Exactly. Some (VF Engineering comes to mind) even go so far as to post the car on the dyno but not the results!!!