Alarm Issue

sprite

08 LP640. 5-10 second after arming my alarm goes off. Any ideas? I know someone has posted some sort of reset procedure on here before?

It locks/unlocks the doors normally and no issues starting.

That is strange.

So to clarify, you unlock the car, get in, start it, and while the car is running the siren goes off, but the car still runs like normal?

Do the hazards flash as well? What is the LED on the firewall doing throughout this scenario? What do you have to do to get the siren to stop?

If you can't find a quick solution, and the siren is going off, I would unplug it before it injures your hearing. Mine is loud! You can pull the side panel off the center tunnel in the passenger footwell and the Med box is right on top of the airbag controller. It has one small plug going to the led and says LED and the other plug is the siren. 

Checkout my thread on the lambo*talk forum about the alarm system for pics and more details. It's a recent thread.

12 minutes ago, sprite said:

No if I lock the car the siren goes off after 5-10 seconds. Unlocking the car stops it.

I reread your original post, and clearly I misunderstood.

To me, seems like the alarm is falsely getting a signal that one of the doors or hoods are open.

I'm leaning towards the control unit being bad. Sometimes when arming the car it just flashes and doesn't beep, other times it beeps like it's supposed to. When the alarm triggers it's the siren only, looking in the manual it seems like lights should be flashing as well. Guess I will schedule an appointment to get it replaced before it craps out completely and leaves me stranded.

On 9/10/2020 at 11:17 PM, sprite said:

I'm leaning towards the control unit being bad. Sometimes when arming the car it just flashes and doesn't beep, other times it beeps like it's supposed to. When the alarm triggers it's the siren only, looking in the manual it seems like lights should be flashing as well. Guess I will schedule an appointment to get it replaced before it craps out completely and leaves me stranded.

It sounds very possible your Med is going flaky. I am dealing with the results of Med issues now. And yes, it will strand you hard when it fails. My Med was warning me by losing range for the remote over the past few years, but I didn't know that was a warning sign until the car wouldn't start one day. The Med runs 24x7 unless you unplug the battery, so it's not surprising that it goes bad after so many years.

Do you have the 6 digit PIN code for your Med unit? If not, to stay original, add a couple thousand more in parts and probably $500-1000 in labor for changing out your fuel cutoff valves - removing them involves drilling. The Med unit is around $1200 for the part, and very easy to replace. But you will probably have to replace your ignition lock and your keys too. Check my thread on the other forum for details.

Someone I know had their Med unit replace at the local dealer recently, and his final bill was $7500, which included the fuel valves because he didn't have the PIN for his Med. An aftermarket alarm with the same capabilities of the Med is around $50, so I am leaning toward replacing the system with aftermarket, which will be a big favor to the next owner. At those prices, I would buy several of the same aftermarket unit for hot spares.

9 minutes ago, sprite said:

I have the PIN card so only need to swap the control unit if that's what's failing.

That's great. But you will most likely have to swap out your keys as well. Apparently, you can't program your existing keys to another Med unit, and apparently, the keys are linked to the ignition cylinder, so you have to change that out too.  I say apparently, because that's what some Lambo parts people told me they understand how it works, but were waiting for full confirmation from Lambo.

• 10 months later...

So I finally got this taken care of properly. It was actually the alarm siren that had gone bad. The alarm siren is tucked in one of the wheel wells according the dealer. It had gotten water in it and corroded the circuit board. The new units from Lamborghini are now sealed with silicone so I'm assuming this is a common issue so hopefully this will thread will help others if they stumble into the same problem. 

Part number is 410951605A

I have seen this issue caused by the alarm siren. The alarm siren is bad. Good chance if you replace your alarm siren the issue will stop. I swapped one from a different car for a test it solved issue so I replaced the siren for customer and issue was gone.

Did not read all the post before I posted