Comfort or carbon seats in Aventador ?

alpha6164

So the spec in my SVJ63 roadster is 99.99% done. Everyone encouraged me to order the comfort seats instead of the carbon seats and how I will hate the car etc etc.   

So now that I took delivery of my Murci 670SV I am not that mad about the carbon buckets.   I am not sure how similar they are but I figured they have to be close since neither recline and are fixed etc.  

Does anyone have any inputs or possibly experienced the Murci SV and carbon seats in Aventador and if they are similar and as bad as everyone complains about ? 

The carbon seats look so much better and part of me thinks I am gonna ruin the feel if I go comfort but then when I hear people trading in their Aventadors cause they hated the carbon seats makes me think twice lol.   All inputs appreciated.  

Being a fat old guy, any time something comes up as "comfort" i'm going to be checking that box :lol2: 

But since I've not owned either, my opinion on it doesn't really amount to a hill of beans. 

I suppose if most of the Aventadors are comfort seats, yours may be more desirable down the road if you have the carbon seats? 

Can only speak of Aventador, i have one of each version. 
Carbon i hated initially and need to be reclined with spacers or they are too upright and uncomfortable imo, probably also need a wedge pillow as no padding, they feel more special and are much better when going hard. 
Comfort are better for relaxed use as more comfortable and adjustable but you get thrown about a lot more. 

If i had to pick again i would go carbon, but then do as i first described but I rarely use the car except to drive hard, if you use it a lot i would get the comforts 

It highly depends on one's physique.  If one is between 5' 5" to 5' 10", medium-built with a proportionally average torso length, then all is well.  Anyone 6' or above and especially with a long torso in particular would not feel comfy in the sports seats.

The original 2008 Gallardo Superleggera for the N. American market came with comfort seats and I went through a huge hurdle to get the carbon sports seats.  Once I got them, I never looked back.  Had the carbon sports seats for the 2010 LP570SL, the Murci LP670SV and the Aventador LP750SV.  I find them perfect for my physique.  For long period driving, I agree with topjay that a tiny cushion for the lower back would be helpful.  But the sports seats feel a lot more special and they offer superior support in spirited driving.  They save a lot of weight from the comfort seats too (I swapped out the comfort seats with the carbon seats myself on the G-SL so I know the difference is huge).  Had the comfort seats offered more adjustments, I may have considered them but they are no different from the very basic VAG generic power seats and the sitting position offered isn't superior to the sports seats with the fixed backrest; at least for my driving position.  Based on memory of my AV-SV seats, its stitching pattern is different from the M-SV so the padding of the AV-SV has slightly more variables.  The shoulder section seems a tiny bit thicker on the AV-SV but that can also mean it pushes one's shoulders a tiny bit more forward as well.  The headrest also seems thicker on the AV-SV so one's head is tilted a tiny bit forward.  Beyond that, they feel about the same.  Personally, I would and I had selected the carbon sports seats.  I just locked in the specs for SVJ63 roadster last week.

20 hours ago, VCR said:

It highly depends on one's physique.  If one is between 5' 5" to 5' 10", medium-built with a proportionally average torso length, then all is well.  Anyone 6' or above and especially with a long torso in particular would not feel comfy in the sports seats.

The original 2008 Gallardo Superleggera for the N. American market came with comfort seats and I went through a huge hurdle to get the carbon sports seats.  Once I got them, I never looked back.  Had the carbon sports seats for the 2010 LP570SL, the Murci LP670SV and the Aventador LP750SV.  I find them perfect for my physique.  For long period driving, I agree with topjay that a tiny cushion for the lower back would be helpful.  But the sports seats feel a lot more special and they offer superior support in spirited driving.  They save a lot of weight from the comfort seats too (I swapped out the comfort seats with the carbon seats myself on the G-SL so I know the difference is huge).  Had the comfort seats offered more adjustments, I may have considered them but they are no different from the very basic VAG generic power seats and the sitting position offered isn't superior to the sports seats with the fixed backrest; at least for my driving position.  Based on memory of my AV-SV seats, its stitching pattern is different from the M-SV so the padding of the AV-SV has slightly more variables.  The shoulder section seems a tiny bit thicker on the AV-SV but that can also mean it pushes one's shoulders a tiny bit more forward as well.  The headrest also seems thicker on the AV-SV so one's head is tilted a tiny bit forward.  Beyond that, they feel about the same.  Personally, I would and I had selected the carbon sports seats.  I just locked in the specs for SVJ63 roadster last week.

Thanks for everyone for their input.  

VCR, after reading your post, I decided to go with sports carbon seats. YOLO :)

11 hours ago, alpha6164 said:

VCR, after reading your post, I decided to go with sports carbon seats. YOLO :)

That's awesome, you are the man and welcome to the club!  :icon_thumleft::celb:

On 10/14/2020 at 3:11 AM, alpha6164 said:

So the spec in my SVJ63 roadster is 99.99% done. Everyone encouraged me to order the comfort seats instead of the carbon seats and how I will hate the car etc etc.   

So now that I took delivery of my Murci 670SV I am not that mad about the carbon buckets.   I am not sure how similar they are but I figured they have to be close since neither recline and are fixed etc.  

Does anyone have any inputs or possibly experienced the Murci SV and carbon seats in Aventador and if they are similar and as bad as everyone complains about ? 

The carbon seats look so much better and part of me thinks I am gonna ruin the feel if I go comfort but then when I hear people trading in their Aventadors cause they hated the carbon seats makes me think twice lol.   All inputs appreciated.  

I had 2 Murcie SV before the SVj and still have the STS with the same Murcie SV carbon seats.

I have to say that the SVJ seats feel very very uncomfortable compared to the MSV and the STS seats. I could sit in the previous gen carbon seats for a whole day without any issues, but 10 mins in the new SVJ, my lower back starts to hurt. I definitely need to get myself a lumber support cushion for that.check out Shmee150 videos too as he has the same back issue too.

This is just my ownership experiences, hope this helps and congratulations on both wonderful acquisitions! 

On 10/18/2020 at 12:51 AM, Lambo_Stalker said:

I had 2 Murcie SV before the SVj and still have the STS with the same Murcie SV carbon seats.

I have to say that the SVJ seats feel very very uncomfortable compared to the MSV and the STS seats. I could sit in the previous gen carbon seats for a whole day without any issues, but 10 mins in the new SVJ, my lower back starts to hurt. I definitely need to get myself a lumber support cushion for that.check out Shmee150 videos too as he has the same back issue too.

This is just my ownership experiences, hope this helps and congratulations on both wonderful acquisitions! 

Thanks for your input. Are you tall? What i gather is that it is very height dependent.   I am 5'7" and yesterday sat in the Huracan perf carbon seats and felt pretty good to me. I can see if you are 6' or taller it would suck.  I will still either do an upgraded seat bracket or use spacers and make a tilt in the seats which all who have done say makes a world of difference.    But specs are finalized and i went with the carbon seats :)

Did you still with the Cephus and Giallo color scheme?

On 10/19/2020 at 4:44 PM, Griza said:

Did you still with the Cephus and Giallo color scheme?

Yes sir :) but changed things up a bit. I cant wait for it to come. 

Well ... I'm 203cm tall, that converts to 6'8" ... so I need a Roadster... and a helmet :D

Even if I could afford a Lamborghini, I don't even fit into it, I'm out of luck anyway ... bummer