SCC Tuatara hits record speed of 223mph.

rmtn

SCC Tuatara was earlier announced to broken the speed record with 331mph top speed run. Very soon after everyone and their mother realized that it was highly manipulated.

Today Racelogic CEO came up with his response. Giving clear answer that SCC had used manipulated GPS with 1.48x higher readings. So actual ""record"" was only 223mph. So absolutely massive 110mph or 177kmh less than their claimed record. What a massive lie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_uTuNcqZVQ

The big question is, who did the manipulation.  I give Shelby credit for coming out and discussing the issue than hunkering down but the question remains, who did what and how? Hope this is a lesson for anyone one else who would seek to cheat.  This race to the top is clearly a marketing holy grail--the consequence of cheating can be devastating as well.

Okay lets take another look. A company head who is capable of designing supercar is totally capable to not fcuk up measuring. What do they have no money for? Marketing.

This was intentional most vague video with intentional false claim. ONLY, only to come up from that with "I am humble I did not know" good dumb samarithan logo on their forehead, and now they have massive audience wanting to see new run, every youtuber is climbing walls to get there and every magazine is staring with pen in hand.

Jarod's video had even music on background. :D

On 11/3/2020 at 8:57 PM, rmtn said:

Okay lets take another look. A company head who is capable of designing supercar is totally capable to not fcuk up measuring. What do they have no money for? Marketing.

This was intentional most vague video with intentional false claim. ONLY, only to come up from that with "I am humble I did not know" good dumb samarithan logo on their forehead, and now they have massive audience wanting to see new run, every youtuber is climbing walls to get there and every magazine is staring with pen in hand.

Jarod's video had even music on background. :D

LOL... I see your point--if he did this deliberately to get more attention, that one hell of a risky move. 

Although I don't consider myself a "YouTUBER," I am one of the original automotive channels on the platform and I am not clamoring to go. I don't depend on YouTUBE ad money of "merchandise" to survive.  YouTUBERS today seem more about the clickbait and shenanigans and portraying an unrealistic and often unflattering (IMHO) or the automotive community.

Keep true to your OG content. Yes I can't stand clickbait and shenanigans for more than 2-3 videos from some very popular supercar youtubers, then I forgot them for next 6 months or so, and this is the cycle for me. 

Ofcourse I do not know what is real with deliberation of the mishap / lie. Just something that came into my mind. Many people take it with facevalue, which seems a bit shallow thinking.