Lamborghini Aventador's Future Replacement Will Get a Hybrid V-12

sl55

2 hours ago, Luxeous said:

I had just been thinking the same thing about the Diablo line and I agree with you that it makes sense there - my reason for thinking a more hardcore variant is that the Sian is more hypercar level in terms of perception - many of the newer Aventadors probably outperform the Veneno but I’d still take one any day - If I were Lamborghini that’s how I’d justify a more hardcore variant for the finale. Considering they don’t even make the S anymore it just seems so strange to bring it back as a farewell version when they have to know V12 owners are the group that always wants the latest and greatest. Who would a less than SVJ model attract? I don’t see many people trading in their SVJ for a car that isn’t as good, so where do the buyers come from? 

I had heard the car is getting unveiled q3 2021 with deliveries starting right before the replacement unveiling in 2022. I think that factory picture could definitely have something to do with it, you don’t build new body panels like that for nothing. The wide open engine bonnet is what makes me think hardcore.

Are there any Xago’s left? Curious how those stickered out compared to the 63 roadsters. 

I hear you and I concur to your analysis.  The issue with Lamborghini is that they never really had a hypercar.  They have made some of the best and extreme-looking sportscar/supercar but they never joined the hypercar club.  And I doubt they ever will so long as it, Porsche and Bugatti are under the VAG umbrella; VAG will never fund it.  That also explains why Lamborghini had to get by using existing chassis with a new shell and some minor tweaks to make their quasi-hypercar.  Good for them on their fundraising; not so much on being a true hypercar.

On the AV-S evolution as a farewell model, you are correct from a V!2 owner's and a Lamborghini enthusiast's perspective.  But this niche group had likely ordered the SVJ or SVJ63 already (to use your words: the latest & greatest); or as Lamborghini would hope, ordered the few-off models (Sian, Centenario, Veneno etc...).  Lamborghini wants to explore new territories --- first time V12 owners, i.e. those who wish to "graduate" from the V10 to V12.  They also want to attractfemale clientele.  (Note that Lamborghini had established the FAB --- Female Advisory Board.)  The SVJ make be too much; either physically or financially; for "graduated" or first-time V12 buyers.  And they are all spoken for anyway.  So a "tamer" version slotted between the S and the SVJ to cater to the aforesaid group and simultaneously buying more time for the new flagship to properly incubate.  Combining bit & pieces from one variant with another to form yet another new variant would make the most economic sense. 

On the Xago, I doubt there are any left.  About 2 months ago, 6 were already sold.  A very reliable source told me that the Xago is the brainchild of the Ad Personam department made exclusively to launch & promote the Ad P's Virtual Studio, i.e. spec out the car via online Webex meeting.  It's a fancy paint job paint and different fabric.  \Supposedly, all cars would look almost identical; only the highlighted trims will have different colours.  Doubtful it would command any premium over the 63 roadsters.

The car that's allegedly to be unveiled at Q3-2021 is a different car.  I'm not sure if Lamborghini would classify it as an Aventador series even though it has its underpinnings.  No word on its performance specs yet.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

VCR, I can tell you that the Xago is sold out. My friend got the last one and it will be coming to Western Canada!

20 hours ago, LamboCARS said:

I would have to agree, I just don't like the triangular bumper styling on the SC ... a white STS with black roof, or a white Gallardo Performante would be at the top of my Gallardo wish list.

Here here. Back in the day, I wanted a white STS.  They were quite the prize--almost pulled the trigger on a recent one but too much happening with garage to add another. Must land the V12 price before I buy anything else.  I am trying to stay disciplined.  UGH!

22 minutes ago, rhyno said:

VCR, I can tell you that the Xago is sold out. My friend got the last one and it will be coming to Western Canada!

All the Xagos are spoke for. Of the 10, 4 are coming to North America (one of which is going to Canada) and the remaining 6 are all in Europe. ME and Asia did not get any units. All cars are roadsters, no coupes. Apparently lots of interesting stuff, albeit it cosmetic. Each of the 10 cars are unique.

Thank you rhyno for the update.  So it was your friend who bought "that" car. :)  Thanks Docta M3 for the additional info.

I could be wrong but based on the info. that I got from Ad P, the basic body colour of all the Xago's is the same; only some of the highlighted trims like front splitter, wing, mirrors and side-skirts are in different colours.  There are 10 pre-determined trim colours and they won't be repeated on another Xago.  Similar colour scheme applies to the interior.  It's pretty cool but having the same price as a SVJ63 roadster seems a little odd: one's choice is limited on the Xago whereas a SVJ63 roadster offers more creative flexibilities.  Personal opinion of course.  

You are correct VCR!

My friend had a very high spec SVJ Roadster and was offered a Xago. The Xago was cheaper than his SVJ-R spec and a limited edition so he decided to go the Xago route. 

20 hours ago, VCR said:

Thank you rhyno for the update.  So it was your friend who bought "that" car. :)  Thanks Docta M3 for the additional info.

I could be wrong but based on the info. that I got from Ad P, the basic body colour of all the Xago's is the same; only some of the highlighted trims like front splitter, wing, mirrors and side-skirts are in different colours.  There are 10 pre-determined trim colours and they won't be repeated on another Xago.  Similar colour scheme applies to the interior.  It's pretty cool but having the same price as a SVJ63 roadster seems a little odd: one's choice is limited on the Xago whereas a SVJ63 roadster offers more creative flexibilities.  Personal opinion of course.  

I agree, that have the flexibility on a SVJ63 with more choices is great. But as a special edition that is more limited to 10 vs. 63 on the SVJ63 is what Ad.P was banking on making them perhaps more special. If they cost the same as the SVJ63 I would guess the Xago as a limited set is a better "value" but at the end of the day, I'm guessing the buyers determine all of this. :)

On 12/3/2020 at 6:51 PM, DoctaM3 said:

All the Xagos are spoke for. Of the 10, 4 are coming to North America (one of which is going to Canada) and the remaining 6 are all in Europe. ME and Asia did not get any units. All cars are roadsters, no coupes. Apparently lots of interesting stuff, albeit it cosmetic. Each of the 10 cars are unique.

That first customer Xago was delivered this week in Switzerland ... looks amazing

2 hours ago, sl55 said:

LamboCars is correct, first customer car. I believe it's Alexandre Mourreau's car.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIqs7z9pCPm/

I know Alex.  He also have the Matte black SVJ63.  I need to see if he is keeping both cars--I suspect he might.  LOL

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, Speed Demon said:

Anyone hear any more information on the Aventador replacement?  Any idea on intro date? 

Nothing at this moment. I've heard rumors of a reveal this year. But I've also heard rumors of a 2023 or even 2024 reveal. Nothing is clear atm ... 2021 would be fitting since it's the 10 year anniversary for the Aventador ...

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, E7ITE said:

Is that a new style of wheel?

That’s the free wheels that are standard on svj, most have the option wheel that’s extra 

That is the Xago Viola Parsifae. Only purple in the group. That is stunning--need to get my Huracan Performante next to that car! :D

Anyone know how many of the 10 have been produced & delivered? Alexandre's was the launch car (Blue Eliadi) & this is Viola Parsifae (just stunning). 

• 2 weeks later...