Will Suction Roof Rack Break Huracan's Rear Window?

zippi101

Sup guys! Just installed the roof rack to the huracan so we're all prepared to snowboard during the winter. 

Used the seasucker to install and I mounted the rear suction cups to the rear window because it's a better look. 

But i'm a little concerned about how strong that rear window is? Do you think it will break with a snowboard on there? I can see it in my rear view mirror bouncing up and down. Whats your opinion? Gonna break or not? haha

IMG_0489.JPG

IMG_0491.JPG

IMG_0493.JPG

62828746442__831837A5-93B1-47DB-BB4A-201C9D2FB240.JPG

I know those suction cups well through some professional videography I have been involved in. I too am worried esp at speed and the potential forces on the glass cover.  The question to you, why not modify and mount on the body for the rear end of the capsule and avoid this issue altogether?

1 hour ago, DoctaM3 said:

I know those suction cups well through some professional videography I have been involved in. I too am worried esp at speed and the potential forces on the glass cover.  The question to you, why not modify and mount on the body for the rear end of the capsule and avoid this issue altogether?

I didn't even consider harmonics at high speed...good thought.

On 11/30/2020 at 10:13 AM, DoctaM3 said:

all my friends were telling me it'd be a bad idea to drill holes in the lambo. but not that I've had it for so long. I'm really enjoying driving with it on. Might do that

On 11/30/2020 at 9:31 AM, Destructo said:

What's the suction cup rated to hold to?

Just curious, why is the box so far back? Can't move it forward at all?

the box is moved back because it looks way cool on the back. Super tacky on the top. Nnot sure what the Seasucker Monkey Bars are rated too. Doesn't say on their website

4 hours ago, zippi101 said:

all my friends were telling me it'd be a bad idea to drill holes in the lambo. but not that I've had it for so long. I'm really enjoying driving with it on. Might do that

Don't drill holes. Use the suction mounts on the body panels instead. Do not. I repeat, Do NOT mount the suction cup to the engine bay glass. Spoke to a buddy about his experience--it didn't end well. Do it only if you intend to drive like granny around town at 20 mph. LOL

On 12/3/2020 at 8:37 AM, zippi101 said:

the box is moved back because it looks way cool on the back. Super tacky on the top. Nnot sure what the Seasucker Monkey Bars are rated too. Doesn't say on their website

I suppose if you're going for form over function; but I would be worried if its not functioning to it's capabilities you're going to blast out the rear window, that's all. 

I'd be worried about mounting it like that. Maybe move it forward some and modify the mount if you have to so you can get suction cups on front and rear of roof?