Darth Vader is now a Force ghost

VCR

David Prowse, who played Darth Vader in the original Star Wars trilogy (while James Earl Jones did the v.o.), dead at 85.

R.I.P.

And to make matters worse, when Vader was finally unmasked in episode 6, the character wasn’t him either.  Sebastian Shaw played the dying Vader/Anakin Skywalker.

That’s why throughout all the conventions that Prowse attended and whenever he signed an autograph, he wrote “David Prowse was the real Darth Vader.”  He had screen time on both TV & film prior to being hired to play Vader.  He portrayed a hero character to promote road safety for children in his younger days.  But he was in ill health in his senior years so not much on-screen work took place.  Quite sad really.

15 minutes ago, VCR said:

And to make matters worse, when Vader was finally unmasked in episode 6, the character wasn’t him either.  Sebastian Shaw played the dying Vader/Anakin Skywalker.

That’s why throughout all the conventions that Prowse attended and whenever he signed an autograph, he wrote “David Prowse was the real Darth Vader.”  He had screen time on both TV & film prior to being hired to play Vader.  He portrayed a hero character to promote road safety for children in his younger days.  But he was in ill health in his senior years so not much on-screen work took place.  Quite sad really.

That's quite sad. I wonder how well he did financially from it. At some point I'd be pumped for the check if it's big enough :lol2: